Franz Family Bakery

Add Photos

Bob Albers

Great Part-Time work.

Sanitor (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGood pay for entry positions. Good management.

ConsConditions in the plants are always safe but sometimes uncomfortable. Hot, tight spaces, very floury.

Stay away from Sales Job

Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) Portland, OR

Prosmoney that's it! (pension & benefits)

ConsSplit days off, long hours, (they pay you for 40 but you'll work 50-60 it's amazing nobody sued them) preach "safety" just not your safety, thankless job, worthless management. This job takes a seriously toll on the body, many retire because they can't work anymore. Average route sales rep commonly has shoulder, knee, back surgery at least once in there career. Think about that........

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously run a route, every time a manger gets demoted to route sales they quit....interesting.
    I hope the route sales add up all the hours of being unpaid and get a lawyer. We're talking HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS per employee....not good. I would not recommend them to anyone, no matter how much I disliked the person.

Thoughts of Franz

Proscompensation is good for the amount of work you do

Consno real work schedule, weekly schedule posted just a couple days before the new week

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company, good people, very warm in summer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prossteady work, no layoffs, good pay.

ConsDusty, crowded, hot, equipment is old.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time on production floor, don't run equipment into the ground for production's sake.

odd hours good pay

Sanitation (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

Prosgreat pay, great insurance easy work with no supervision

Consgraveyard shift, shut down the factory after 6 months

Over worked in a unorganized company and never noticed for going above and beyond

Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsBenefits, pension, people, good product, not much else to be happy with in this company.

ConsHours, equipment is in bad shape, on your own no matter what, thankless job, split days off, management is in complete disarray, no leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementWay to many chiefs and not enough Indians. Paper pushers need to actually see what is happening in the real world.

Horrible treatment of new employees (monkeys) as referred to by management

Clerk-new Monkey (Former Employee)

Proswage that's about it Franz is a good company but lacks in many areas
     I am happier now I no longer work at this company!
     not disgruntle at all was not worth the treatment

ConsPoor treatment, rumor spreading, lack of professionalism in management and human resources

Advice to Senior ManagementSurprise visits to your bakery outlets. Know your human resources persons are friends
    With the managers and warn them ahead of time.
    It is a good idea to rotate human resources personal
    They fail the company when friendships with management become a detour in their job
     I have witnessed theft by management in abundance better figure out a way to keep an eye on them
    a lack of training skills by management AND NO SAFETY TRAINING what's up with that?
    The stores are just disgustingly filthy it is food clean it up
    get rid of the managers chair and DO NOT ALLOW CELL PHONE USE WHEN WORKING

Good Job for long term career minded individuals

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Eugene, OR

ProsThis job pays very well, and comes with an extremely valuable benefit package.

ConsThis Job has very long hours and split days off.

Pretty Good

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Bellingham, WA

ProsAwesome pay for a job requiring no background experience. Sweet discounts on everything in the outlet store. Taught me how to drive a big truck and paid for my trip to Seattle when getting hired. Everyone gets along pretty well and covers each others backs.

ConsGotta get up at 3:30am to start work. Union dues are a little heftier than expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementTarget does not need to be merched. Ever.

Dysfunctional management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFranz and its affiliate bakeries provide good union wages, benefits and pension package.

ConsClassic production environment, fueled by testosterone, nicotine, caffeine, sugar, alcohol. Rewards driven personalities, penalizes thoughtful people who try to take care of their crew or think twice before making major decisions affecting people.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take your current luck in the marketplace as a proof that you're doing something right. The startup of the new facility in Springfield was fabulously dysfunctional. It was a bad day when the guy who led a very bad response to a worker fatality in Springfield was rehired by the organization.

Worked for Franz Family Bakery? Contribute to the Community!