Fraser Reviews

Updated July 30, 2014
Updated July 30, 2014

3.4

CEO

Great People to work with.

I have been working at Fraser as a contractor

Pros

Fantastic co-workers, great work-life balance. Family always comes first.

Cons

Poor compensation. My kids make more than me! No career advancement opportunities

Would have stayed here forever

Former Employee - Office Manager  in  Bridgeview, IL
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Bridgeview, IL

I worked at Fraser full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

After learning the business, I was trusted to do my Office Manager job in m own way. The office was 5 minutes from my home. The three owners/brothers were like additional big brothers to me. I felt like I was contributing and loved that they could depend on me.

Cons

Lack of business caused them to have to cut my hours to part time. This was not feasible for me so I had to leave.

Great internship experience

I worked at Fraser as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Incredible staff--everyone was very passionate about the mission of the organization.

Cons

Unfortunately, the organization could not provide paid internships, however, they did reimburse for mileage!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Feeling good about what you do.

I have been working at Fraser

Pros

Great coworkers; you are making a difference with children at early ages and phases of development.

Cons

Lots of changes with fast-paced growth; electronic medical record system is not user-friendly.

Increased appreciation for loyalty/employee retention.

bittersweet

I worked at Fraser

Pros

the kids and families
    flexibility in schedule
    not micromanaged

Cons

pay
    the way they treat their employees
    upper management/supervisors
    their priorities are screwed up

start looking at the turn over rate and treat your employees like you care what they have to say and listen....there is turnover for a reason

Great families and kids. Overloaded and stressed clinicians.

Current Employee - Mental Health Practitioner I
    Current Employee - Mental Health Practitioner I

I have been working at Fraser full-time

Pros

Amazing families and kids. Coworkers are great, easy to work with, encouraging, supportive. Great place to develop/hone your clinical skills.

Cons

Clinician caseloads keep growing larger, making practitioners burnt out, stressed, and unable to be the best clinician they can. Supervisors want to be helpful, but are overloaded as well and often don't listen to feedback from those actually working with clients.

Stop trying to make more money by overloading your clinicians' caseloads. You are losing people left and right, and for the people that are still there, morale is low and they feel taken advantage of.

Horrible Company.

Former Employee - Mental Health Practitioner II  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Mental Health Practitioner II in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Fraser full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers to vent to. Amazing children and families.

Cons

Terrible management who treats their employees with little respect. Limited cultural competency in the upper management who do not put client needs ahead of billing and money. Zero flexibility in scheduling and very few advancement opportunities. Overall incompetent in running a large non-profit.

Listen to the employees who are making suggestions for how the company could be run better--they are the ones doing all of the work.

Fraser School - Bright Futures or Unhappy Teachers?

Former Employee - Teacher, Preschool  in  Richfield, MN
    Former Employee - Teacher, Preschool in Richfield, MN

I worked at Fraser full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fabulous co-teachers, families and children; Pay raises each year; Grants from Target and other local businesses

Cons

Had to demand breaks that were required by law several times; Minimal flexibility in scheduling; Hard to obtain time off for medical needs; Volunteers who were not qualified or helpful; High-stress environment; Building falling apart; Mold, rodents, bugs; Cleanliness of facilities; Toys were accrued through donations and were not necessarily in working condition; Ratios of students with special needs to students with typical needs were too high for the support the classrooms received

Put the children and staff first. In order for there to be success and happiness within the school, the teachers and children need to feel valued and safe. Providing enough support to the teachers will help you retain employees instead of experiencing the high rate of turnover and uncertainty of staffing in your classrooms.

Worked for Fraser? Contribute to the Community!