Fraser Reviews

1. Great firm great team

Current Employee - CRM Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - CRM Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Fraser

Pros

Brilliant coworkers, Collegial environment, lots of collaboration. Very flexible. Lots of opportunities to help clients and provide value.

Cons

Best for self directed professionals.

2. Mental Health Professional

I have been working at Fraser full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fraser has great flexibility and nice team work. I have always enjoyed my supervisors and work I do. Fraser has increased their clinical on boarding training which might help with staff retention. Fraser is large and there are a lot of different work opportunities. If you committed to the company supervisors try to find unique ways to keep you there (i.e. creating new roles and job titles). At times this is confusing because you never know when a process or supervisor is changing. I appreciate the new training opportunities they have offered me as an employee as well including different state trainings and clinical supervision towards licensure.

Cons

Fraser struggles to recognize exceptional employees and the pay is poor.

Advice to Management

Publicly recognize your employees more often, it will help increase the moral and overall staff satisfaction.

Toxic Work Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

I worked at Fraser full-time

Pros

Wonderful people to support with a wide variety of abilities and disabilities. The guardians/teams are genuinely appreciative of all that the people who are supporting their loved ones do for the, Beautiful homes to work in that have obviously had a lot of money invested to make the homes accessible, warm and comfortable for those living in them.
    High PTO benefits that are flexible to be used for holidays, pick time, vacation, etc.

Cons

No work/life balance. Work is first. You are expected to pick up the phone 24 hours a day. Even if coverage is arranged, it ultimately falls on you to make sure the situation is dealt with correctly.
    No additional compensation for on-call duties. No additional compensation for emergency direct care support. You will be called for non-emergency reasons, by policy, regardless of the time.
    You will always be in 'emergency-mode' rather than being able to proactively address a situation. Support from management has extremely slow turn around, if any support is given, making the emergency-mode cycle continue.
    Management has an "Us Vs. Them" attitude, discouraging questions or conversation to provide "a united front against" their employees.
    No holiday pay besides using PTO. No additional pay if working on a holiday (PTO cannot be used if working the holiday).

Advice to Management

I would encourage the management team to ditch the "united front" method of management and work on encouraging communication, even if it is critical of themselves. This will support more teamwork at all levels and allow more trust from the upper levels that the lower levels of employees can fully support their clients, and help to identify gaps of training or services provided.

5. Great place to work, company that really cares about employees and clients

Former Employee - PCA/DSP in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - PCA/DSP in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Fraser part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very helpful supervisors, promote from within, good communication, work with you to find a good fit, many opportunities available for extra hours and different experiences

Cons

Challenging clients, feel like you are on your own sometimes instead of part of a company when doing home care work

6. Great

I worked at Fraser

Pros

A lot of great experience

Cons

Working with a lot of stupid college students

7. Good people, poor pay

I have been working at Fraser full-time

Pros

Excellent people. Flexible work schedule

Cons

Very low pay and no advancement opportunities

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more and igve them more respect!

8. Great People to work with.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Fraser as a contractor

Pros

Fantastic co-workers, great work-life balance. Family always comes first.

Cons

Poor compensation. My kids make more than me! No career advancement opportunities

9. Would have stayed here forever

Former Employee - Office Manager in Bridgeview, IL
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Bridgeview, IL

I worked at Fraser full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After learning the business, I was trusted to do my Office Manager job in m own way. The office was 5 minutes from my home. The three owners/brothers were like additional big brothers to me. I felt like I was contributing and loved that they could depend on me.

Cons

Lack of business caused them to have to cut my hours to part time. This was not feasible for me so I had to leave.

10. Great internship experience

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Fraser as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible staff--everyone was very passionate about the mission of the organization.

Cons

Unfortunately, the organization could not provide paid internships, however, they did reimburse for mileage!

11. Feeling good about what you do.

I have been working at Fraser

Pros

Great coworkers; you are making a difference with children at early ages and phases of development.

Cons

Lots of changes with fast-paced growth; electronic medical record system is not user-friendly.

Advice to Management

Increased appreciation for loyalty/employee retention.