Fraser

Fraser Reviews

Updated May 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Would have stayed here forever

Office Manager (Former Employee) Bridgeview, IL

ProsAfter learning the business, I was trusted to do my Office Manager job in m own way. The office was 5 minutes from my home. The three owners/brothers were like additional big brothers to me. I felt like I was contributing and loved that they could depend on me.

ConsLack of business caused them to have to cut my hours to part time. This was not feasible for me so I had to leave.

Great internship experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIncredible staff--everyone was very passionate about the mission of the organization.

ConsUnfortunately, the organization could not provide paid internships, however, they did reimburse for mileage!

Feeling good about what you do.

ProsGreat coworkers; you are making a difference with children at early ages and phases of development.

ConsLots of changes with fast-paced growth; electronic medical record system is not user-friendly.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncreased appreciation for loyalty/employee retention.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

bittersweet

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe kids and families
    flexibility in schedule
    not micromanaged

Conspay
    the way they treat their employees
    upper management/supervisors
    their priorities are screwed up

Advice to Senior Managementstart looking at the turn over rate and treat your employees like you care what they have to say and listen....there is turnover for a reason

Great families and kids. Overloaded and stressed clinicians.

Mental Health Practitioner I (Current Employee)

ProsAmazing families and kids. Coworkers are great, easy to work with, encouraging, supportive. Great place to develop/hone your clinical skills.

ConsClinician caseloads keep growing larger, making practitioners burnt out, stressed, and unable to be the best clinician they can. Supervisors want to be helpful, but are overloaded as well and often don't listen to feedback from those actually working with clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to make more money by overloading your clinicians' caseloads. You are losing people left and right, and for the people that are still there, morale is low and they feel taken advantage of.

Horrible Company.

Mental Health Practitioner II (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsCo-workers to vent to. Amazing children and families.

ConsTerrible management who treats their employees with little respect. Limited cultural competency in the upper management who do not put client needs ahead of billing and money. Zero flexibility in scheduling and very few advancement opportunities. Overall incompetent in running a large non-profit.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees who are making suggestions for how the company could be run better--they are the ones doing all of the work.

Fraser School - Bright Futures or Unhappy Teachers?

Teacher, Preschool (Former Employee) Richfield, MN

ProsFabulous co-teachers, families and children; Pay raises each year; Grants from Target and other local businesses

ConsHad to demand breaks that were required by law several times; Minimal flexibility in scheduling; Hard to obtain time off for medical needs; Volunteers who were not qualified or helpful; High-stress environment; Building falling apart; Mold, rodents, bugs; Cleanliness of facilities; Toys were accrued through donations and were not necessarily in working condition; Ratios of students with special needs to students with typical needs were too high for the support the classrooms received

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the children and staff first. In order for there to be success and happiness within the school, the teachers and children need to feel valued and safe. Providing enough support to the teachers will help you retain employees instead of experiencing the high rate of turnover and uncertainty of staffing in your classrooms.

Worked for Fraser? Contribute to the Community!