Frazier & Deeter

Seth McDaniel

Tax Intern

Former Employee - Tax Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Tax Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Frazier & Deeter as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Culture that pursues excellence; Intelligent and capable coworkers and partners; Competitive pay with excellent vacation package; Highly respected in the Atlanta area

Cons

Similar to many accounting and law firms, upward mobility often feels tied to who you know instead of the quality of your work

Great firm but the people are not as great!

Former Employee - Staff Accountant - Tax in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant - Tax in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Frazier & Deeter full-time (less than an year)

Pros

benefits, company outings, and salary

Cons

training, upper to lower level communication, and too many cliques

Please communicate expectations/performance in a more efficient and organized manner

FandD is a good first job for accounting professionals

I worked at Frazier & Deeter

Pros

FandD is a great place for interns and young accounting professionals. They treat their employees well. They are all about networking.

Cons

Firm is geared toward young accountants. They hire directly out of college. Most of the employees are either CPAs or currently sitting for the exam

Better than Ordinary

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time

Pros

The best thing about Frazier & Deeter is the people. The staff is fun and energetic. The partners are approachable. In general, it is a cohesive group and very friendly and youthful atmosphere. I enjoy coming to work everyday because I genuniely like my co-workers. We enjoy spending time together at work and also outside of work hours. I believe that the Partners and management at Frazier & Deeter care about my career and want me to succeed. Frazier & Deeter offers lots of perks and benefits that add up and contribute to overall positive morale in the office.

Cons

Make sure to maintain the outstanding culture in all of our offices despite all of the growth.

Keep investing in your people. They are your biggest asset.

Reward the high performers.

Lots of opportunities for advancement. Great work/life balance.

Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Frazier & Deeter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Frazier and Deeter has a great management team and offers lots of opportunities for professional growth. The company is growing fast and is very client focused.

Cons

Busy season is hectic and involves 10+ hours daily. Support staff is inadequate during busy season. Staff could be more trained in marketing/sales so they can recognize opportunities and upsell clients on services that will benefit them.

Hire more support staff during busy season.

A firm of great people focused on building opportunity for the staff while growing rapidly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong growth means opportunity for people at all levels. The leadership is relatively young and actively working to make the firm a career destination. This is not an easy thing in a firm that is transforming from a local firm to a regional or even national firm, but the Partners understand they need to recruit and retain future leadership and it is a big priority. The firm is run by highly intelligent but also caring people with a vision for the future. All accounting firms have heavy workload seasons and pros and cons but this one offers better career potential for someone focused on becoming an equity partner.

Cons

Rapid growth definitely has some pain points. The firm is working to update some of the systems and procedures and there are bumps along the way. There are some people there who are in love with the way it used to be when the firm was smaller who can be whiners. They need to either move on or embrace growth because those days are gone.

Deal with the infrastructure needs so there is a firm foundation for growth and keep recruiting great people.

The People are Great

I worked at Frazier & Deeter full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone had a great attitude.

Cons

Long hours and short breaks.

Diversify your company. It looks more appealing.

My F&D Family

Current Employee - CPA in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - CPA in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time

Pros

-F&D is growing rapidly which offers leadership opportunities for employees.
    -F&D has great benefits including 401k contribution, 21 days PTO, guaranteed extra week's pay on April 15th, a $100 gift card on your firm anniversary, $300 Christmas Cash, 100% of health benefits paid for employee, annual bonuses and salary adjustments
    -F&D has a formal mentor program that provides structure around goal setting. It is great having a champion for you in the firm.
    -The Partners are very accessible and many times staff work directly with Partners.
    - It is a very youthful firm. The leadership of the firm is in their early 40s and most of the staff is in their 20s. It makes it a very fun place to work. It is a very social environment.
    -Many of the employees get together outside of work as well.
    - F&D is active in the community. We participate in the Ronald McDonald House quarterly and the Leukemia and Lymphomia Society's Light the Night walk annually.

Cons

We are running out of office space since we are growing so quickly.

Overcommunicate.

A good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Frazier & Deeter is a growing firm with a lot of top-flight people who are also very nice.

Cons

The firm is having some growing pains as it evolves from a one-city firm into a regional firm.

Keep up the trend of improving infrastructure and apply this progressive thinking to people as well as systems.

High school at best

Current Employee - Accountant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time

Pros

Not really much to say here other than catered in dinners and free beverages. Health benefits are decent as well.

Cons

Don't be fooled by their recruiting pitches. There is no such thing as a flexible schedule and work life balance. They say you can "work from home," but if you do, you will get a bad reputation among many managers. They say to be involved with firm committees and activities, but then you get poor performance review for being too involved. Office morale is low and steadily decreasing. Expect to be micro-managed without the follow up of management. Several of the new staff are not fresh out of college and are in their second career. The firm has many cliques, and firm changes are done secretively. Communication is lacking, especially from upper management. Raises are only decent if you are the top person in your "peer group," and you aren't even guaranteed a raise when you get promoted. This being said, 10 people quit last summer and several current employees are job searching.

Invest in your people and not in yourselves. Be supportive of all staff and don't talk down to them. Don't ridicule an entire group for one person's inefficiencies. Staff will not stick around if they don't feel valued and appreciated.