Frazier & Deeter Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.8
Seth McDaniel

1. Merging can be bigger & better for all!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The merger has brought so many great new resources & talents for all of us to call upon or utilize. There is still the smaller family style feeling to the firm which I greatly appreciate too. It's a large firm where everyone is still very friendly & caring to everyone else whether an internal or external client.

Cons

Training for me, a non-professional, has been rather hit & miss. I believe a large part of that lack has been due to timing & change of my position. That, happily, is not the same story for professionals where there are numerous training sessions and opportunities for further growth & training.

2. Growing Company

Current Employee - Tax Senior in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Tax Senior in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big firm resources and clients with small firm culture. Growing company with great leadership and amazing people.

Cons

Not much to complain about, benefits are above average to compensate for below market base pay.

Advice to Management

Recognize and reward A performers.

3. Frazier & Deeter is a wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Auditor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Auditor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time

Pros

F&D will allow you to work on a broad range of projects in many different industries. You have great relationships with senior management and are really treated as a part of a family. If you want to travel a bit more, they will see to that. F&D has an attitude of "just get your work done". If you have something you need to do (like take a friday off to travel) it is no big deal. They just tell you to get your work done before hand and it's not a problem. The benefits are great. Great insurance and 21 days of PTO! F&D will allow you to push yourself and take on tougher and more complex assignments. The partners mostly have big four backgrounds so there is a push to get the training programs up to speed - and I believe they are very close to providing the same level of training. The reason that everyone goes to F&D is for the family experience. It is a fun, laid back environment that just so happens to be a very prominent and growing company. The company is growing at a tremendous rate. F&D has a great work/life balance and is truly a great place to work. I can not stress enough how highly they rate in the "work/life balance", benefits, and culture and values areas.

Cons

Bonuses are pretty small (although normal for the industry). There are other small issues that people have complained about in the past but from what I can tell, no one has any major gripes.

Advice to Management

I think the biggest advice I could give to management is to do a better job of differentiating the talent in the firm and rewarding them appropriately. The highest achievers at their respective level don't appear to make that much more than the "meets expectations" crowd.

5. Great firm but the people are not as great!

Former Employee - Staff Accountant - Tax in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant - Tax in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Frazier & Deeter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

benefits, company outings, and salary

Cons

training, upper to lower level communication, and too many cliques

Advice to Management

Please communicate expectations/performance in a more efficient and organized manner

6. FandD is a good first job for accounting professionals

Pros

FandD is a great place for interns and young accounting professionals. They treat their employees well. They are all about networking.

Cons

Firm is geared toward young accountants. They hire directly out of college. Most of the employees are either CPAs or currently sitting for the exam

7. Better than Ordinary

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time

Pros

The best thing about Frazier & Deeter is the people. The staff is fun and energetic. The partners are approachable. In general, it is a cohesive group and very friendly and youthful atmosphere. I enjoy coming to work everyday because I genuniely like my co-workers. We enjoy spending time together at work and also outside of work hours. I believe that the Partners and management at Frazier & Deeter care about my career and want me to succeed. Frazier & Deeter offers lots of perks and benefits that add up and contribute to overall positive morale in the office.

Cons

Make sure to maintain the outstanding culture in all of our offices despite all of the growth.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people. They are your biggest asset. Reward the high performers.

8. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Great work/life balance.

Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Frazier & Deeter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Frazier and Deeter has a great management team and offers lots of opportunities for professional growth. The company is growing fast and is very client focused.

Cons

Busy season is hectic and involves 10+ hours daily. Support staff is inadequate during busy season. Staff could be more trained in marketing/sales so they can recognize opportunities and upsell clients on services that will benefit them.

Advice to Management

Hire more support staff during busy season.

9. A firm of great people focused on building opportunity for the staff while growing rapidly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong growth means opportunity for people at all levels. The leadership is relatively young and actively working to make the firm a career destination. This is not an easy thing in a firm that is transforming from a local firm to a regional or even national firm, but the Partners understand they need to recruit and retain future leadership and it is a big priority. The firm is run by highly intelligent but also caring people with a vision for the future. All accounting firms have heavy workload seasons and pros and cons but this one offers better career potential for someone focused on becoming an equity partner.

Cons

Rapid growth definitely has some pain points. The firm is working to update some of the systems and procedures and there are bumps along the way. There are some people there who are in love with the way it used to be when the firm was smaller who can be whiners. They need to either move on or embrace growth because those days are gone.

Advice to Management

Deal with the infrastructure needs so there is a firm foundation for growth and keep recruiting great people.

10. My F&D Family

Current Employee - CPA in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - CPA in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time

Pros

-F&D is growing rapidly which offers leadership opportunities for employees. -F&D has great benefits including 401k contribution, 21 days PTO, guaranteed extra week's pay on April 15th, a $100 gift card on your firm anniversary, $300 Christmas Cash, 100% of health benefits paid for employee, annual bonuses and salary adjustments -F&D has a formal mentor program that provides structure around goal setting. It is great having a champion for you in the firm. -The Partners are very accessible and many times staff work directly with Partners. - It is a very youthful firm. The leadership of the firm is in their early 40s and most of the staff is in their 20s. It makes it a very fun place to work. It is a very social environment. -Many of the employees get together outside of work as well. - F&D is active in the community. We participate in the Ronald McDonald House quarterly and the Leukemia and Lymphomia Society's Light the Night walk annually.

Cons

We are running out of office space since we are growing so quickly.

Advice to Management

Overcommunicate.

11. The People are Great

I worked at Frazier & Deeter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone had a great attitude.

Cons

Long hours and short breaks.

Advice to Management

Diversify your company. It looks more appealing.

RSS Feed </> Embed