Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc.

www.fredloya.com

Fred Loya Jr

Would Never work here again, or get Insurance from them

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in El Paso, TX

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc.

Pros

Office environment. The fact that we had Burger King next door was a plus. There is no other positive for this position.

Cons

Wage, hours, Case load, no guidance on closing claims. They teach to deny customers benefits. (At least when I was there). Lowest paying position with company....They say we are the ones giving there money away, versus we are saving you money.

Advice to Management

Simply put, you just need to understand it is a very large insurance agency now and you must look at everything very carefully.

2. Very grumpy

Former Employee - Sales Agent in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in El Paso, TX

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc.

Pros

- Has better pay in comparison to other call centers. - Call volume is fair. - Sales bonus compensation is acceptable. - Turnover is not as bad as with similar positions.

Cons

- Management does not know how to properly address people. - You will be severally embarrased in front of other members of management or other CSRS. - If you try to contest the manager's opinion, you will be constantly harrased up to the point that you will end up quitting or just not show up anymore.

Advice to Management

Just change the whole management.

Bad hours and no respect for your personal life

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok thats it

Cons

Management Hours are random and not consistent

5. Horroble crazy they do not care about their employees is all about them no good pay and hours are suck in houston

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good at my Job good coworkers aswell

Cons

Manegment whas never around when need it

6. Over all received the training/experience needed to move on to bigger/better company,not a long term company.

Former Employee - Bodily Injury Adjuster in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Bodily Injury Adjuster in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great if your not licensed and have no insurance adjuster experience as they will train and license you for the first 3 years.

Cons

They don't care at all about the employees,only Fred Loya has the power to make changes. Its his way or the highway.

Advice to Management

Take care of the employees who haved been there for the long haul and have helped pave the way for e company and don't fire good Djusters for little petty mistakes.

Horrible!! Most unprofessional place I have ever experienced.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Sales in Escondido, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Sales in Escondido, CA

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly Pay Paid Training Office was close to home

Cons

Very unprofessional. Unrealistic Goals 6 day work week No overtime Incompetent management No respect for employee I worked for Fred Loya for less than a year, they did not tell me that you are required to work 6 days straight until my second week of employment. You can only make more than $12/hr if all the CSR's in the office are meeting their goals also.They offer low coverage for high premium which makes it difficult to sell, Management is never around when you need them. Don't apply here, this is not a job that you can make into a career. No room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees. Make the pay rate based off individual performance, not on a group.

This company is just ridiculous. Stay away at all cost.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Don't expect a lot of perks working for this company. Only good thing going nowadays is a steady paycheck. We'll see how long that lasts.

Cons

Everything is wrong with this company starting with upper management. They love playing the blame game, always pointing fingers at everyone. Just fix the problem and make sure it doesn't happen again. Everyone in Texas is "superior" to all the employees in other states. If by "superior" they mean less educated and more ignorant. Promotions are hard to come by and if you get one... Be prepared to work 80 hour weeks as a salaried overtime exempt employee without sufficient compensation. Vacation time sucks for the first 5 years and 5 sick days only per year and you will need a doctor's note each day.

Advice to Management

Better take care of your hard working and loyal employees. Otherwise there will be an exodus of good employees. You might be able to replace anyone but you might not be able to replace the quality of work.

9. They work you till you drop

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in East Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in East Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay weekly and decent $12.00 an hour job for people who just started working in the insurance industry.

Cons

First they make stand up every time a client walks in and when they leave you have to say good bye or else you get suspended for a day without pay. Second they make you pass out flyers like a flyer boy when its slow. Third you watch a video of the CEO of the company and you have to love the company otherwise you can get written up. Don't believe me, work for them and find out.

Advice to Management

You can work as an agent and get paid the same as a manager does here.

10. Don't waste your time here

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Escondido, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Escondido, CA

Pros

There are no pros working here

Cons

6 day work week. bad pay, dumb managers, bad product and dumb rules.

Demeaning employer, low wages, stressfull enviroment, no job security.

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in El Paso, TX

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Other than they allow you to eat while at work and ask for burritos I don't find any pros.

Cons

Fred Loya insurance management consists of uneducated, unethical, and inexperienced individuals. Most of them don't even have an associates degree and are not aware of employee's rights. For example; if you get to work at the call center in El Paso management will make the employee clock out and stay until he or she ends up selling a policy. They won't pay you more than 38 hours per hour in order to not make themselves liable for full time employment benefits. There are several reports made to the workforce commission from current and former employees. There is also no career progression within the company. Will make employees hold an insurance agent license, but still won't pay more than $10/hour. Some of them will Eran a little bit more than those $10 and that will really depend on the relationship the employee has established with management (lots of favoritism within the company). I just used the company as a stepping stone, but will never plan in going back.

Advice to Management

Go to school. Get some management skills. Stop harassing your employees, praise and reward employees for all their good work and for keeping up with the stressful quotas and stressful job. At the end you will see better results than by intimidating your employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed