Fred Meyer

Fred Meyer Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Fred Meyer President Lynn Gust

Lynn Gust

Pros
  • they have good benefits and care a lot about their employees(in 18 reviews)

• Flexible hours if you're working part time(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Hardly anyone is ever hired full time - you have to work there forever to get a(in 12 reviews)

• They only hire part time- Way much to nepotism(in 11 reviews)

Great people and stability, Terrible customers and pay.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Kirkland, WA

ProsGreat stability and great benefits right off the bat. There are some great people there as well to work with. Job stability is probably the number one plus.

ConsTerrible, terrible, coupon cutting, customers that won't hesitate to be horribly mean and cause a scene if they think they can get a discount or some sort of gift card for free, for nothing. Unfortunately I think 80 or 90 percent of Americans are like this.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees a little better and cut down on all the stupid hoops you have to go through just to get trained for basic things. FMTV is worthless and so are the WBLs. Waste of everyone's time.

Fred Meyer Pharmacy

Pharmacist (Former Employee) Tacoma, WA

ProsFred Meyer pay is on the higher end of pharmacist jobs from other companies.

ConsEverything is timed now.

Low employee moral

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Oak Grove, OR

ProsIt was very busy and fast paced

ConsTop pay was much lower than other technician jobs in the industry

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove employee moral and aknowledge employees that go above and beyond. Also hire pharmacists who enjoy their job and are passionate about the industry.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very positive

Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) Medford, OR

ProsGreat benefits, wages/salaries. Culturally aware and company works to make everyone feel wanted and comfortable. Leadership positive. Likes to promote from within and movement up the corporate ladder and from one department to another not discouraged. The company likes to develop the potential in all employees. Friendly atmosphere. Stock price going up.

ConsSince the culture is one of tolerance it is easier for some to work less hard and survive in the workplace. These employees tend to be around longer than they would at other places. This can be annoying for those whose work ethic is stronger.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe judicial in all disputes and customer complaints.

good

CCK Cashier (Current Employee)

Prosit is a union which is good

Consnot many complaints but managers don't give out enough praise

Home Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee) Medford, OR

ProsThe people I worked with were really great. Very friendly and helpful, they felt like a family. Good benefits. Good balance of work and home life. Very easy to request time off as long as you do it far enough in advance. Love the associate discount.

ConsI can't really think of any. Maybe get higher pay over time, closer to Costco's pay rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone that I can think of.

Great Coworkers, Less than perfect management.

Home Sales Clerk (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, great coworkers, and lots to learn.

ConsManagers can get intense, Workers that hate being there and all know.

Great Company to work for, great senior managment.

ProsReally care about making work fun and a good team environment. Great benefits. A lot of employee rewards. Tuition reimbursement.

ConsLong work hours for management. Store directors not always on the level. Pay tops out too soon. People work there for 15-20 years and haven't had a raise in years and no chance at egtting one.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to turnover. Pay attention to why the employees are really leaving. Check on how your store directors are REALLY doing.

ProsAs long as you do what you're suppose to do, plus a little that expected. You will be fine.

ConsSometimes the stress can be too much.

They care about their employees!

Fuel Clerk (Former Employee) Boise, ID

ProsThis company cares for their employees. They showed it in everything they do. They make sure that their employees are always taken care of.

ConsSome employees can get lost in the system or are able to take advantage of the same system due to the expansiveness of the company.

Worked for Fred Meyer? Contribute to the Community!