Fred Pryor Seminars

Updated May 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great co-workers, average pay

Art Director (Current Employee)
    Mission, KS

ProsI'm on staff and not a trainer- the best part of my job is my co-workers. Very sharp, smart group that I work with and it's a pleasure to be part of a great team. My manager is terrific and they are very flexible with my hours - which is valuable to me right now

ConsThe main con there is the average pay. But- I truly factor in the fact that they are so cool about taking time off and me working from home. Pretty great.

Depends on the department

Operations (Current Employee)
    Mission, KS

ProsGreat paid time off program. Relaxed environment, flexible work hours. Doing a great job as a company promoting continues education for adults.

ConsBelow average pay. Average benefit.

Consultant

Training Consultant (Current Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

ProsGood work life balance as no work really

ConsScam for all concerned - trainers drive hours between cities - given cheap hotels and terrible conditions. Charged to be trained when there is no training.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees not only do not like you - they love getting together to talk about how evil you are and how cheap you are.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible Workplace

Training Consultant (Former Employee)
    Mission, KS

ProsGood work/life balance. Otherwise, I have nothing good to say about this joke of a company.

ConsThey will hire just about anyone. They pose as a respectable company, but my co workers had neck tattoos, and some did not own a suit let alone any business casual clothes. The managers treat the employees like grade schoolers. They make the job sound like a "consulting" position, when in reality it's just telemarketing. Extremely high turnover rate, bc no respectable professional would actually work there. No room or possibilities for advancement, manager told me they haven't given anyone a raise in a decade. They do shady things with customer information, over charge, and do anything and everything they can to not refund unhappy customers. This place is a joke, a scam, and a rip off..

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees don't like you.

Fun place

Training Consultant (Current Employee)
    Mission, KS

ProsThe sales staff have fun and are willing to help one another out. Lots of reasons for big lunches

ConsThey are changing right now and are in pure growth mode. It makes it hard for new folks to understand their role.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep offering the help you do and the company will more successful tomorrow than it is today.

Sales Dept is nothing but a tele-marketer. Under paid, over manager no room for advancement.

Training Consultant (Former Employee)
    Mission, KS

ProsGood health insurance and dental insurance.

ConsNothing but phone work. Totally over manager by treating you like a grade schooler. They read your emails, listen on your phone calls. Even told not go get water or bathroom from 1:00 - 2:00. Only favorites get good territory. Bad territory goes to the oldest in the training class.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake realistic goals and territory equal. Try loosening the money belt - get some 20th century equipment.

OK, lots of problems

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee)
    Mission, KS

ProsAccrued paid time off, awesome HR department, good insurance and health savings plan, good location, pleasant co-workers, occasional fun activities for company

Conslow salary, reviews weren't constructive, out-dated email system and technology, management not willing to listen to ideas for new initiatives, would rather focus on copying competitors than creating new programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees' ideas and seriously consider them. Update from LotusNotes to something created in the last 15 years. Buy new technology for employees who need it.

ProsYou have flexibility in your schedule as a contract trainer. You choose the subjects that you are competent to train. Materials are provided.

ConsSometimes the gigs are few, subject to your availability. Be sure to check out the hotels (in advance) that are booked for you if you travel. They cant always tell the quality of the hotel beforehand.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide trainers with up to date information. Update the trainers web portal, more use of technology to communicate would be helpful.

Worked for Fred Pryor Seminars? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fred Pryor Seminars reviews and ratings. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Fred Pryor Seminars employees.