Fred Pryor Seminars Reviews

2.7
CEO

1. Enjoyable

I worked at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You where able to attend seminars for free.

Cons

They didn't do great in training you for the job or give you a chance to get better.

Advice to Management

none

2. You pay to work for them

Current Employee - Seminar Presenter in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Seminar Presenter in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Fred Pryor Seminars (More than a year)

Pros

Travel the country, drive rental cars.

Cons

Travel the country stopping only a day per city, which means living out of a suitcase and not getting paid for that travel time between cities. Rental cars are always the smallest crap boxes available. Expect not to pick up car at airport but off site. So expect to waste a half hour of your time taking a taxi to the off site crap box rental. Most hotels they book are old, stinky, decrepide places with lousy accoustics and low ceilings so people at the back can't see the screens due to distances. Expect 60 people to fit into a room that holds 45. Pryor Seminars doesn't even book coffee service for the seminars, expect people to be dissappointed with the whole cheap setup. Don't forget, this makes you look bad too. As well, you have to pay for parking and airline baggage fees. So if you make $290/day, in reality after the -$15 non-refundable and baggage fee you would be making in reality $260/day. One trainer makes only $2400/month with these folks, not enough to make a career out of it. Plus they want you to be at the seminar at 7:30am to set things up.

Advice to Management

Spend some money on presenters, locations, and simple things like coffee service with the seminars as these things represent your company.

3. Training Consultant

I have been working at Fred Pryor Seminars

Pros

Casual, work life balance, ppl really care, great products, positive

Cons

Cannot think of many except pay and retirement. Nearly no retirement, no adoption benefits, few part time to help moms and dads. Low pay

Advice to Management

Keep up good work, but raise salaries ASAP. Lose your best people, esp sales and marketing

Marketing Department

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

I worked at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Eh...not many. My teammates were cool until they weren't. Fairly flexible work schedule, if they like you.

Cons

Way too many to list. Executive level staff hiding in hallways and taking words overheard out of context to use against people, no raises in 5 years on a piddly salary to begin with, no room for advancement, and god forbid one try to actually apply modern marketing tactics to the job as it will only get you in trouble since they are only looking for glorified button-pushers. Not to mention the product itself is scammy - a six hour sales pitch packaged as "training".

6. Great place to work assuming you are with the "it" crowd.

Former Employee - Department Management in Mission, KS
    Former Employee - Department Management in Mission, KS

I worked at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The senior management team is intelligent and will help you reach your goals if you show interest in going to the next level. Their overall benefits are right in line with other medium size companies. Promotions tend to be given to those who work hard and exceed beyond expectations.

Cons

What throws FPS under the buss is their office environment. Lots of gossip, senior management is very political. If you are not in the "it" crowd then you can plan on having a very short career with FPS. Unfortunately, the "quiet" or not as social hard workers do not get recognized. They become outcasts and will either leave due to rumors about them or they will be fired on the spot for some bogus reason.

Advice to Management

Drop the politics. It would easily be a 4 or 5 star place to work if you all weren't so judgmental on peoples appearance or even the way they talk. If you do talk down about a person, think about keeping it out of the bathroom, break room, or close your office door- everyone can hear- the place isn't exactly sound proof.

They are the worst!

Former Employee - Trainer
    Former Employee - Trainer

I worked at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There no PROs other than you get to see parts of the country you may have never seen, and it was cool to drive different rental cars every week. It's also good to practice and develops your public speaking skills before leave them to begin your own seminar business.

Cons

Teaching seminars for Fred Pryor is extremely difficult, stressful, and unrewarding. While they may express concern about your public speaking abilities, they are truly only interested in how well you can sell their 3rd rate products while in class. If you can’t sell products, you will not earn the measly 7% commission, and they will fire you. If you make it to the training at their headquarters you will be charged a training fee, and you must pay all your travel expenses. At the training, you will not be trained on how to present your courses, but instead it will be 3 days of learning how to sell their products. They only pay $200 for the day & a $40 per diem to help cover your food costs, but when you add up the amount of time you spend away from home and your travelling, it breaks down to about $6 an hour. I made a fortune working for them because I used to collect business cards from my seminar participants, then follow-up with them to present my own trainings on-site at their company. This was a well deserved karma for Fred Pryor, because one time a company personally requested me to present a program for them, and because the flight was too expensive, Fred Pryor sent another instructor who lived closer to their site, and lied to the company telling them I quit and was no longer available. They finally let me go once they discovered (like every other instructor), I was working for ALL of their competition. (Career Track, National, AMA, Padget-Thompson) It was the only way we instructors could afford to feed our families.

Advice to Management

The business had been dying a slow death for the past several years, simply because the instructors are not performing at peak because they are burned-out and under paid. And the customers are bored with the upselling!!

Telemarketing, pure and simple!

I worked at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible business hours. The people working the phones are great and very helpful.

Cons

Management, especially team leads treat employees like they are in grade school. Employees are minions to these folks who think that they are better than everyone else. Pay is terrible, technology is the worst I have seen.

Advice to Management

Get 21st century equipment. Humble yourselves; employees deserve to be treated with respect along with everyone else.

9. Great co-workers, average pay

Current Employee - Art Director in Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Art Director in Mission, KS

I have been working at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm on staff and not a trainer- the best part of my job is my co-workers. Very sharp, smart group that I work with and it's a pleasure to be part of a great team. My manager is terrific and they are very flexible with my hours - which is valuable to me right now

Cons

The main con there is the average pay. But- I truly factor in the fact that they are so cool about taking time off and me working from home. Pretty great.

10. Depends on the department

Current Employee - Operations in Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Operations in Mission, KS

I have been working at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great paid time off program. Relaxed environment, flexible work hours. Doing a great job as a company promoting continues education for adults.

Cons

Below average pay. Average benefit.

Horrible Workplace

I worked at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance. Otherwise, I have nothing good to say about this joke of a company.

Cons

They will hire just about anyone. They pose as a respectable company, but my co workers had neck tattoos, and some did not own a suit let alone any business casual clothes. The managers treat the employees like grade schoolers. They make the job sound like a "consulting" position, when in reality it's just telemarketing. Extremely high turnover rate, bc no respectable professional would actually work there. No room or possibilities for advancement, manager told me they haven't given anyone a raise in a decade. They do shady things with customer information, over charge, and do anything and everything they can to not refund unhappy customers. This place is a joke, a scam, and a rip off..

Advice to Management

Your employees don't like you.

RSS Feed </> Embed