Freddy's

Updated February 15, 2015
Updated February 15, 2015
3.8

CEO

Fun, not stressful. Great first job

Current Employee - Cold Line
    Current Employee - Cold Line

I have been working at Freddy's

Pros

50% off food, friendly managers and coworkers, interesting customers, fast paced, thorough training

Cons

Not enough hours, the amount of grease (the floors aren't cleaned every night)

More hours

Fast food, new company so the hired managers aren't very experienced, or aren't always the right fit

I have been working at Freddy's

Pros

Good food, Good district managers

Cons

Ever changing "rules", favoritism, sexism (Men work the kitchen, women work the registers/drive through), underpaid GM'S = Horrible attitudes, and work place behavior, along with lack of professionalism. Clearly corporate doesn't care about their employees.

Stop treating this job like a fast food job, treat it like a restaurant because people pay that much, and the service the employees give to the customers emulate a real restaurant. Managers seem to treat the place like a cheap burger joint only because they're clearly underpaid. There's a lot of room for growth and advancement.

Very Great Company to work for! Learn a lot and they make sure you get trained completely for your position.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Freddy's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Food made fresh, raises and bonuses. Any issues they try to work with you.

Cons

Long hours, unreliable employees, miss spending time with kiddos. Varied shifts.

Have a flexible schedule to spend quality time with family.

I love working at Freddy's, the culture is all about our guests and our team members!

Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Freddy's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A very rapidly growing company, so there are lots of opportunities for growth. Great training at all levels! Really like the opportunities to travel and help open new locations.

Cons

It's a relatively young company...so there can be significant changes in policies and procedures from year to year, but nothing drastic. It's evolving...that's a good thing!

Keep doing what you're doing!

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Back-of-house in Ponca City, OK
    Current Employee - Back-of-house in Ponca City, OK

I have been working at Freddy's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

First off, I've worked here for a year and I've experienced many things on a nearly daily basis...their training for new employees is second to none, the trainers and managers are there for you the entire time of training. Ive had a good experience with almost all of the management from the district managers, GMs and the AMs. the only management issues I've had is with some of the Shift managers(it could be that i just had a few bad ones but who knows), it seems that my shift managers either try to over-step their duties or don't do enough. Overall this is an excellent place to work for, and i have very little bad things to say against this company.

Cons

There have been several issues with a few of the Shift-managers...Although whenever these issues appeared they were handled swiftly by my General Manager or the Assistant managers.

Freddy's is a great place to work!

I have been working at Freddy's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The food is fresh food and good! Atmosphere is great! Guests are better than most! The brand cares about their people and Guests! Clean stores! Expanding like crazy!

Cons

They do not yet have enough locations! They lack national advertising, and especially for the struggling stores. They could pay their GMs and lower level management a little more but some make a pretty good living with good benefits!

Reward the little guy preforming monthly to keep them as an appreciated Team member. Trips to the corporate office to see how things work so they get a better feeling of being a part of the Team, and inspiration!

You are part of a team and are there to offer exceptional customer service.

Former Employee - Cold Line Staff in Manhattan, KS
    Former Employee - Cold Line Staff in Manhattan, KS

I worked at Freddy's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Managers are very flexible with scheduling and will work around your class schedule if you are a student.
    A young environment, you are working with your peers.

Cons

Low pay. A monotonous job with little room to move up in the company. You are doing the same thing day in and day out. You are not rewarded for working any harder than the next person.

Make the working environment fun and perform the same tasks as hourly employees. If you act better than others it will be a turn off to your staff.

Awesome!

I have been working at Freddy's

Pros

You work with fun people and the customers are awesome. Our store has become one big family and the surrounding store also! If you like to stay busy this is a good place most of the time. They really take care of the customer and it's employees. They also work with your schedule. Getting off is never an issue

Cons

It's barely above minimum wage, but it's a minimum wage job so can't really complain. No complaints really!

Keep up the good work!

It's a job

Former Employee - Kitchen Staff in Saint Peters, MO
    Former Employee - Kitchen Staff in Saint Peters, MO

I worked at Freddy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Discounted custard and food. Most of the staff have a great attitude about their job which is rare in a fast-food joint. They pay above minimum wage.

Cons

Discounted custard and food: I got fat haha! The management does a lot of standing around while their grunts do all the work.

Quit treating the newer employees like they are expendable

Awesome atmosphere!

Former Employee - Cold Line in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Cold Line in Wichita, KS

I worked at Freddy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company has fun, friendly staff!

Cons

I find no cons working with this company.

No advice