Frederick Memorial

Updated January 19, 2015
Updated January 19, 2015
2.4

Thomas Kleinhanzl

Front Office Assistant - I feel we don't get all the communication handed to us as we are offsite.

Current Employee - Front Office Assistant in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Front Office Assistant in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Frederick Memorial part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They are trying to consistently work on Patient Satisfaction and get our Electronic Medical Records up and running.
    Leadership is starting to really come around and communication is much clearer with what is going on; for example with the merge we just had.

Cons

In my earlier years while working at the Wellness Center and The Cancer Center,I thoroughly enjoyed my job as i was drawing on patients and i felt i had purpose their and i was helping a patient and had compassion. Seems like in last couple years, that has been slowly taken away. Our health benefits were very confusing to understand.

Pay attention to what employees are writing on their comment cards; possible have a one on one with them. Take them seriously.

Not what one would expect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Frederick Memorial

Pros

Pay is decent, people are fun to work with, plus you get to help the community.

Cons

Management is backward. If you are not a straight white person with a college degree, then expect to be made fun of, treated differently by management, and agree awhile they will try to push you out the door.

The organization should be GLBT friendly. People who pretend to be straight actually learn a lot about how managers feel, in their departments. Employees should be treated better by managers, managers think it is okay to talk down and treat those that are different in a way that is completely unacceptable.

This company is a joke. Entirely too many things go on here that shouldn't go on in any work environment.

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Frederick, OK
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Frederick, OK

I have been working at Frederick Memorial

Pros

If you wanna work in a slow paced environment. Work here. Not enough to do

Cons

I've seen a lot of hippa violations in this place. Nobody wants to do thier job and the human resources dept doesnt even do their job.

Good place to work, great benefits

I have been working at Frederick Memorial

Pros

They try to accommodate your scheduling needs. Great benefits and insurance. I enjoy working there.

Cons

I cannot think OK any con's at this point, I have heard that human resources can be slow getting back to people but never experienced this myself.

Too Many Cliques And Petty Co Workers

Current Employee - Material Handler in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Frederick Memorial full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some what competitive pay depending on the dept. Until they started eliminating departments it was a pretty decent place to work as well.

Cons

"Lead Material Handler" is able to keep the job only based on personal relationship with the head of the department. Department supervisor was pretty much stifled from doing anything productive due to that. Unrealistic performance goals as well. Could barely take a lunch break because dept. was so short staffed.

If you are going to hire one of your close friends to work under you at least find one with decent people skills. I'm tired of being talked to like a dog by the current flavor of the month.

Filthy Work Enviroment

Former Employee - Operator in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Operator in Frederick, MD

I worked at Frederick Memorial

Pros

Great location before you hit the 270 massive traffic. HR making changes for the better but its a slow process

Cons

The pay is low to be label as a great hospital. New changes but old people stcuki in old habits. Agencies are by far better.

Look at the employees that do the work. Senority should only play a factor only if the emploee is a productive. Give credit where credit is due.

good

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Frederick Memorial

Pros

nice co-workers, good enviroment to work in. works with your schedule. have to work weekends

Cons

pay increase is very small, wish they paid more

more staff