FreeWheel

Add Photos

Jon Heller & Doug Knopper

Great Experience at an Industry-Changing Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThis company has a very clear vision that has been consistent over the years. Company has been very successful in working toward that vision. Technology is very cool and we work only with top-tier customers. Culture is fun and startup-like. Management is open and very accessible and most importantly (I believe) of very high integrity.

ConsThis is a crazy industry and work/life balance can be a bit difficult in crunch times, but overall isn't too bad. Some customers can be challenging, but that is the nature of this industry. Generally there is a bit of a steep learning curve when starting. NY office is currently crowded but plans to move to a much larger space very soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to retain remain open and accessible even as we grow.

Very fulfilling and enjoyable experience with some of the smartest people in technology.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of perks, such as weekly lunches, a well-stocked kitchen and personal development classes. Everyone is very smart, without the condescension that usually accompanies that. Very laid back office environment where everyone is laser-focused on doing the best job possible. Tight-knit cross-country company, which is rather rare in the industry. Absolutely no office politics.

ConsDon't really have any downsides to share. We work with many dozens of third-party partners and customers, and working at FreeWheel is a great opportunity to network with the TV and online video industry.

Cutting edge of digital and linear ad delivery

Senior Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsSuper smart people across all of the departments.
    Easily best in class technology to work with.
    90% of the UK's linear broadcasters work with us which is a testament to the above.

Great knowledge sharing culture along with the ability to add value to the company in anyway you see fit, this could be anything from creating a new UI tool to make life easier for the engineers to organising charity work and giving back to the community.

A pretty tight bunch of people who socialise outside of work regularly.

Lastly a very good career path for those who work hard and want to be rewarded. Reviews and 1:1's are very frequent and they are very open in terms of praise/improvement suggestions so you always know where you stand within the company and how to get where you want to be.

ConsWe are expanding very quickly and are lacking resources, so having the ability of a localised HR expert would be good and would allow Freewheel to expand a lot quicker.

Having a little more knowledge in Europe in terms of employment law and business law will also help as we are inevitably going to conquer digital/linear video advertising in Europe.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the way you are, you guys are very well balanced across tech, business and customer relations and I very much enjoy working with you all.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good learning experience

ProsFreeWheel has a great position in the online video industry, and smart motivated employees. Company seems headed for a certain exit

ConsThere can be long hours, depending on what department you work in. Decent amount of internal political gamesmanship, especially for such a small company.

Cutting edge technology for engineers

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

ProsA great opportunity to work with a group of really intelligent colleagues and the overall atmosphere was transparent and inspiring. Will recommend this job to other engineers.

ConsSometimes one project lasted very long and you just stuck there. It's not flexible enough to change job content to something exciting

Worked for FreeWheel? Contribute to the Community!