Freedom 55 Financial Reviews

Reset
3.5
CEO

1. Insurance and Financial advisor

Pros

Excellent people to work with who care about you and help you in finding the road to success

Cons

None that I can think of, but I am sure there are some people in any organization that do not see the same future as others

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The strength of any company are the people that work there

2. DBD

I have been working at Freedom 55 Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Provided with the oportunity to achieve the goals you set for yourself without limits.

Cons

Must be disciplined to experience success

3. Financial Security & Investment Representative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Freedom 55 Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent training to get you started in the financial advice business. They provide a generous new advisor contract to help you in the early years. This is an excellent career for the driven, self starter that desires to make a six figure income as they build their business.

Cons

This is not the career for people that are shy. This is an activity business and you need to work hard to earn your rewards.

Advice to Management

Ensure you hire top quality candidates, no dusters.

5. Positive work environment

I worked at Freedom 55 Financial full-time

Pros

- great training program - managers are knowledgeable and easy to talk to - training bonuses/allowance - higher than industry average commission

Cons

- 100% commission - fast-paced environment - slow to start - demanding and competitive environment - hard business to get into initially

Advice to Management

- try to keep your people happy and positive - encourage people to participate in additional training - work together with other managers and their teams

6. Good experience

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Saint John, NB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Saint John, NB (Canada)

Pros

Excellent training great people to work with

Cons

100% compensation based need to be always looking for new business

7. Feels like home

Current Employee - Regional Operations Manager in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Regional Operations Manager in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Freedom 55 Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company. Feels like family. Best training system in the industry. Recruits are paid through training and licensing. Best support system is there from management all you have to do is ask if you need any help. #lovethiscareer

Cons

A lot of change right now it's a little hard to keep up but it's all making things better in the business. You just need to stay on top of updates and you'll be fine.

Freedom 55 Financial Response

Mar 5, 2015 – Director - Advisor Recruiting Ottawa

Thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts about our office. It makes us very proud to know we are fostering a great team environment. We are always open to improvement; please don't ... More

8. Good feeling

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

Training is paid and great

Cons

Costs are higher than average

9. The hardest sales job you will find

I have been working at Freedom 55 Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intense and comprehensive training, solid support system and flexible work schedule, good commission rates

Cons

No base salary, work odd hours, lots of cold calls, compensated only after contracts are placed (may take several months)

10. Underwhelming Experience at Best

Former Employee - Financial Security Advisor in Barrie, ON (Canada)

I worked at Freedom 55 Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The potential to make a lot of money is there.

Cons

In my personal experience, the biggest con was the fact that I had to sit through the single most unprofessional exit interview of my life. I don't know if the RD usually performs advisor exit interviews, but my director wasn't able to be there, so that is what happened in my case, and it was a terrible experience. Accusatory, unprofessional, and downright condescending because I chose a different career path. If you do go for this as a career and it doesn't work out, my advice is to quit via email. That exit interview was the last con on top of all the others that were my reason for quitting. The compensation structure is simply not sensible if they are serious about recruiting recent grads and/or young people who have any type of debt in today's economy. The "technical difficulties" that this company is currently facing as a result of some new online business platforms was irritating at best and impossible to work with at worst. And finally, there is a serious communication problem between the RD and the rest of the office.

Advice to Management

The communication problem needs to be addressed. Nobody is all-seeing and all-knowing, and it should be understood that there are always things going on that you may not know about. Encouraging more of a community feeling in the office where there is trust and openness would make it a much better place to work and would help to begin to solve that communication problem, but I'm afraid that the "trust" aspect has to be earned by management and RD, and I'm just not sure if I see that happening in a genuine way where it matters most. Also, on a side note, I don't think salary management members should be able to work as advisors as well. How can the company be sure that they are using their salary-paid time for their salary duties and not neglecting those duties for the chance to make more money? Because I'm quite sure that the company cannot be sure of that at all. And I'm even more sure that it is taking away from the time that certain people should be focused on being a leader on the management team in that office.

Tough job with potential to make good money. Just don't work at the wrong office!

Former Employee - Financial Security Advisor in Barrie, ON (Canada)

I worked at Freedom 55 Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Potential to make big money, can work from home in many cases, flexibility in schedule and choice of what you want to sell and who you want to target to sell to.

Cons

Working in the Georgian Bay office was the biggest con in my time with the company. The management needs an overhaul as there is a really poor culture and little support for new advisors. Some of the directors and the ROM were awesome, but in some cases what went on was beyond surprising. There was a feeling that some of the directors/RD preferred to talk about new advisors without them there rather than supporting them and discussing issues with them. The job is a difficult but rewarding one, and it would be a lot easier to be successful if the fees weren't so astronomical and if there wasn't so much animosity and "office politics" going on within the building.

Advice to Management

Other than the ROM and the few genuinely great directors, management either needs to go through some kind of training overhaul or just an overhaul in general.

RSS Feed </> Embed