Freedom Debt Relief

Updated January 12, 2015
3.9

Freedom Debt Relief Co-Founders & CEO's Brad Stroh & Andrew Housser
Brad Stroh & Andrew Housser

Pros
  • helping people out of a messy financial situation (in 8 reviews)

• Great people - great leadership - great products (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing like adding a little administrative/collections work to an already stressful sales job (in 3 reviews)

• 12/hr starting wage but I took the job because of the commission potential (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Freedom Debt Relief full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are really great and the training is very in-depth. Everyone is treated with respect and they make you feel like you are a part of the family. The systems, tools and resources are made available to really succeed and make a good amount of money.

Cons

There is not much opportunity for overtime hours. The compensation package, specifically commission rates, could be adjusted to be a little more lucrative.

Very much a click

I worked at Freedom Debt Relief

Pros

Pay is OK. Seemly friendly atmosphere, specially when Brad comes to town.

Cons

Front line managers make fun of the 40 and over, if you miss up is not a friendly experience, hope you like the smell of pot, parking lot is full of employees that smoke it. No room to grow unless you are friends with the click. Is a revolving door, typical call center.

To the owners, replace all managers. They only put on a show when you are here, after that Satan comes out.

Freedom Debt Relief Response

Jan 19, 2015

This is Brad (CEO) and I want to share my disappointment that you did not have the experience from Freedom that I personally value and take tremendous pride in. We are not perfect; we do care and ... More

Hopefully things have gotten better!

Former Employee - Customer Service
    Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at Freedom Debt Relief full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Co workers were great
    - Fun company parties

Cons

If you're one of the CEO's favorite, congratulations! You're going to get tons of bonuses and raises throughout the year. Not really sure what some of the employees on the upper floors did exactly, but someone let it slip that they were getting raises and bonuses like it was going out of style! And speaking of that, confidentiality was non-existent since the HR department all gossiped about everyone who walked in and out of their office. Your personal issues, your write ups, and your merit increases were all public knowledge. Work life balance was also non-existent unless you were in upper management. You would get your time off approved, but your manager wouldn't let you hear the end of it. Sad and toxic work environment. The ones who are still there are scared to speak up because they don't want to be fired or written up. Hopefully things have changed for the better!

Listen to your employees, without placing judgement on them.
    More work/life balance. If your employees are happy, they won't leave.
    Consider giving raises to those who work hard
    Stop lying to your employees

Interesting

Former Employee - Debt Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Debt Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Freedom Debt Relief full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Atmosphere is laid back to a point but don't let it fool you this is a sales job. Your job and income rely on you being able to enroll people with credit problems into their debt negotiation programs. People are nice and willing to help with any questions. There is good support and an open door policy with the upper management.

Cons

When I worked there the leads were horrible and they were working on making changes to bring in better qualified leads to the floor. It is a sales job and you have to perform, although there is some room for a learning curve it can get cut short if you are not showing any improvement. I saw plenty of people getting walked out the door because they could not hack it.

Extremely competitiveness...Cut-throat environment.

Former Employee - Negotiator in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Negotiator in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Freedom Debt Relief full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Schedule Monday through Friday, flexible . Break times are very flexible. The company always offers overtime Decent benefits start after 30 days. Monthly lunches provided by upper management.

Cons

FAVORITISM. Unscrupulous co workers. Goals are not attainable unless you are willing to back stab fellow co- workers. Tough environment with only approximately 10-20% of employees hitting goals. Management quick to write up employees.

Less favoritism to Top 5 collectors and treat all employees equal.

I was patient care advocate

Former Employee - Patient Advocate in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Patient Advocate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Freedom Debt Relief full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company buys you lunch every month! its a pretty easy job mostly everybody got along with each other .. we were like a family freedom family I still talk to all my old co workers .The pay was pretty decent too.. I can honestly say I only last there as long as I did because I met some really amazing people there .

Cons

very stressful and there is a lot of crooked people in there! I am very glad I got out of that place it was not healthy the people who manage that call center do not communicate what so ever

take a class or two on how to run a business and learn how to communicate with your peers

I love what I do and who I work with. It makes me feel great to help people reach their financial goals.

Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Freedom Debt Relief full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours minimum 8 hours a day M-F
    Potential to make over 100k top guy made almost 150k
    Presidents Club 3 times
    You also get an average of 10 leads a day or more if you can handle it

Cons

We go through lots of changes (like most companies) some great some not so good.
    Stressful when it comes to end of the month commission reviews. We have several tiers on how we get our commissions.

Looking forward to being able to work Remote/Telecommute

Very High Turnover and LOW Pay

Former Employee - New Enrollment in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - New Enrollment in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Freedom Debt Relief full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some pretty nice people around the office.

Cons

2/3 of the class I started with in May are now gone. You are just a number and if you don't fit their mold, you will be terminated. The reality is they will have your seat filled within a matter of days because every 3 weeks they have a new class starting. Out with the old, in with the new. I was terminated to health reasons, documented health reasons that they acknowledged and would see me in the office sick but they didn't care. I was even working overtime most weeks and producing numbers that exceeded their quotas but they didn't care. When they blindsided me and walked me into HR, they told me I exceeded the number of absences allowed which goes against everything they put in writing to me and also as company policy, but they didn't care. They were aware I was working with a specialist to address my health concerns but when they terminated me, they also terminated my health insurance a week later thus preventing me from being able to continue treatment, they don't care. The joke is, they call this the "Freedom Family".... well if that behavior is what you call family, I'm glad I'm no longer apart of yours. As for the pay, what others are saying is very much true, $12.02/hour, takes about 5-6 months to hopefully get a commission check. Pretty much everything recruiting and management told me in the interview process did turn out to be fraudulent.

I'm disgusted by your actions, I have no advice for you, karma will ultimately prevail.

It is what it is

Former Employee - Advanced Collections Team in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Advanced Collections Team in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Freedom Debt Relief full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was decent and there were monthly lunches provided by the company along with summer and winter outings.

Cons

There aren't many bad things that I can say. Sometimes the policies were a little over the top but at times those changes were necessary

N/A

Bad managers

I worked at Freedom Debt Relief full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Financial services company that helps people with bad debt. The program does work and it feels good helping people who are so baldly in debt.

Cons

Historically they've have really bad managers and directors. Some have been accused of sexual harassment and racism yet have retained their positions - or even been promoted.

Pick better leaders and you will have a much better company. Also, your reputation for being cheap with employees is legendary. Pay Bay Area market scale, not Alabama market scale.

Freedom Debt Relief Photos