Freedom Disability

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Alan Flaumenhaft

Employee appreciation is not the strong suit

Coordinator (Former Employee) Shelton, CT

ProsCasual dress (call center atmosphere), Co-workers were supportive and encouraging. I really cant say enough about the people I worked with. I regretfully left them behind.

ConsExpensive benefits, constant turnover (management & staff) and substandard pay.Employee appreciation was limited to once a month ceremony that lasted 20 minutes- and that was it. Was never given the impression that anyone was appreciated, in any capacity.

Advice to Senior Managementwhen you work in constant opression, it makes it very difficult to retain staff. Treat your employees like they are human beings, give them a wage that they can live on.

Disrespectful, deceiving management

Disability Advocate (Former Employee) Shelton, CT

ProsGood jump job. If you are looking for a stable job, with good pay, benefits and a positive work environment, run in the opposite direction! As quick as you can!

ConsManagement makes constant changes and micro manages. Benefits provided are minimal, expensive and management keeps downgrading services. Not a professional office, more of a call center and data entry. Constant lay offs and firings. Last week they let one gentlemen go... after five years of service they gave him a box and had him out in 15 minutes. Not a good work environment, management looks down on staff. If staff talked to each other, managers would scold you, even send emails stating no talking. Oh and you are graded on everything thing you do, and how much or little of it you do. Doesn't even matter if they never trained you how to do it, if you do it wrong, you get negative points. Again, Run! Run! Run!

Advice to Senior ManagementSomeone in management should actually take a course in management! Then, you might actually retain both your employees and clients. And possibly, get the company out of the Red.

Not appreciative of there employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Shelton, CT

ProsGreat customer service from certain staff members.

ConsDoes not communicate to employees
    Does not introduce new employees starting
    Other departments not aware of others they work with
    No raises
    Major lay offs
    No cost of adjustment of living
    Managers and employees not talkative
    Very disclosed of everything within the company
    Very bad communication to future/present customers they are helping
    Lack of communication

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more personable with employees
    Introduce people to other departments
    Introduce new people starting with the company
    Managers need to be more personable with there staff
    Have better communication with future/present customers that they are helping
    Stop targeting people who they dislike
    Stop having negativity with there staff and there customers
    Better communication
    Cost of living adjustments

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience with FD

Hearing Specialist (Former Employee) Miami Lakes, FL

Prosit's a job but only if u don't have

ConsManagement is very deceitful. They don't tell you the important things about the company. If you are planning on joining Freedom Disability PLEASE do your research. I would advise that if you have a stable job DO NOT leave your job for Freedom. They will not be around for long. The company is unstable and only cares about profit which means they are constantly setting production goals and focusing on #'s. You are expected to medt a quota something they don't tell you until you start working months later. They have laid so many people off. The turnover is HIGH. All of the employees are new because either ppl leave or they let ppl go. They have MANDATORY overtime that you DO NOT get paid for because you are Salary employee which they don't explain to you. Ex: You work 60 hours and your pay is still the same as what they hired you for becuase you are exempt so that means know OT like they explain in the interview. Freedom is sales call center environment so if you have a strong background in Sales and is use to the Hustle and Bustle then this job would be great for you. If you don't have a job then this is the job for you.

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest up front

A poor imitation of Binder & Binder

Disability Advocate (Former Employee) Shelton, CT

ProsThe company will occassionally buy you lunch, but rarely.

ConsPay, management, lack of company direction, the way they treat thier employees, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen your company is not making profit, dont blame the employees that do not have the ability to change the company and promote those who are getting you in the hole. There is a reason why we were hired as "advocates", but when the bottom line is filling your pockets before the 2016 expected disability fund cap off, all you ended treating us as was customer service. A disservice to those who wanted our help and hired us.

Average employer, not anything spectacular

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFair pay, good benefits. Allows a lot of independence in work.

ConsWhen you get laid off, it is done over a conference call, not very personable.

Advice to Senior ManagementLaying people off on a conference call is not very professional.

Worked for Freedom Disability? Contribute to the Community!