Freedom Health (FL)

Updated December 14, 2014
2.4

Kapadia Munaf

Good

I worked at Freedom Health (FL)

Pros

Good place to get call center knowledge. Some Sups are good others not.

Cons

Consistency with Supervision. Some manager feel they are above everyone else and that they know all

Good company to work for and good people to work with. Feeling of family on the floor.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Freedom Health (FL) full-time

Pros

Very nice reps to work with. Not a typical 24/7 operation.

Cons

Base pay could be better.

Great place to start in healthcare.

I worked at Freedom Health (FL)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. Great people.

Cons

No real training, but coworkers are great.

Training should be better.

rinkydink

Former Employee - Member Service Concierge Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Member Service Concierge Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Freedom Health (FL) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

$15 hourly, no back to back calls, no stressful productivity metrics.

Cons

Building is nasty-mold and dirt caked in crevices, women's 1st floor bathroom smells like fecal waste and feminine odors, microwaves are crusty, dining tables are dirty and never clean. I contracted a stomach virus recently, I know it originated there. No professionalism, poor management, insufficient training, lack luster leadership, cliques, no consistency in the sharing/updating of reference tools needed to perform the job, no respect, favoritism, too many Hispanics communicating in Spanish with other bi lingual on the sales floor, supervisors that are not respected because they are too concerned with being friends with "certain" representatives.

need thorough training or hire people with health insurance background.

Terrible company with poor management

Former Employee - Enrollment Specialist
    Former Employee - Enrollment Specialist

I worked at Freedom Health (FL) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a paycheck. There really is not other pro to this company, worst decision I ever made was to turn down a different job opportunity based on lies given to me during Freedom interview.

Cons

Management of this company is extremely poor. If you're not being completely unnoticed for your hard work you're being micromanaged. The only employees to be promoted are those that are related to the companies owners. There is a glass ceiling in every department.
    Reviews are only provided randomly, and seemingly only to smash and put down hard working employees. Scare tactics are used to keep employees working late/weekend. Usually management cuts hours so that when you work passed normal working hours they don't have to pay OT.
    During open enrollment periods management hires way too many employees, so most everyone ends up having their hours cut to less than 40. Then during off season at least 70% of employees hired for OEP get fired. Then everyone is made to scramble to keep up with work load, and threatened not to request OT.

Worst job I've ever had. I have a masters degree, and I would seriously consider working retail before working at Freedom again.

Get some help to manage your company. With such a high turn over rate and awful reviews on every website, you're obviously doing something wrong.
    Learn to treat hard working employees with respect, not as though they are slaves that owe you something.

Freedom experience

I have been working at Freedom Health (FL) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

pay is ok and is comprable

Cons

management not culture based / diverse

needs improvement

Stay away from Configurations

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Freedom Health (FL) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible Schedule
    Laid back coworkers
    Some Holidays off

Cons

Unless you want to suck up do not apply to this department.Look into other departments within the company where you will be treated with respect and spoken to as an adult in American English.If you like to be belittled,this is for you. If you like to be part of a click,this is for you.If you have Configurations experience, go to Wellcare,trust me it is better and will pay you well and is organized.And if this is the only job that will hire you,look into the military.

Stop playing candy crush on your smartphone
    Stop talking about your employees personal lives or criticizing their clothes
    Stop taking 2 hour lunches
    Stop speaking Spanish all day long
    Stop laughing/giggling with each other
    Stop taking personal phone calls at your desk
    Stop cursing out loud
    Start working
    Start respecting your workers and speak to them properly
    Start speaking American English to each other

You have to work really hard, and make no mistakes to stay with the company.

Current Employee - Concierge Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Concierge Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Freedom Health (FL) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Scheduling can be rearranged by switching shifts with other representatives. Depending on the team lead they can work with your schedules.

Cons

If you are late one minute it is as equivalent to 4 hours. 1/2 an occurrence, it will not go away in your file for 6 months. after you receive 6 occurrences you will be immediately fired, regardless if you got hit by a bus. This company would be great to work in if it had a better structure, they have favorites and not everyone is treated equally. Which is sad, It does not matter who you are, if we have the same position all of us deserve to be treated equally. its not okay if 2 people make the same mistake for one to be forgiven, that is no way to run a business.

During Medicare enrollment season, I've witnessed many people get employed and 80%are gone after enrolment season is over. I guess its better than no job, but not if you are looking for stability. "supervisors" and UM when you call they can never give you a straight answer or they give up and say "I don't know." Obviously There is some kind of misinformation, and that needs to be addressed, and well it hasn't.

I have been here for over 3 years and I will be leaving soon once an opportunity I've called on replies. the reason why is the pay is not as competitive as other insurances like Wellcare and Humana. Personally the only great thing is that they open the door for Concierge Specialist, its a good way to get your foot in the healthcare field. Medicare is full of plans all over so the experience is good here. In the end if you decide to work here, ask plenty of questions, and document everything many have got fired for this.

Training should be completed more often, and that applies for all departments. You want the company to grow and we want to grow. However, we do this together we are a team. Possibly cutting occurrences to a quarter of one, but that possibly wont happen in a business point of you. But once in a while for the new reps especially or new information of the plan more trainings and meetings should be made to address any situation/concern. We are here for our members, so lets be there for them.

The company is truly dedicated to assisting the Medicare population.

Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Freedom Health (FL) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a pretty laid back atmosphere and co-workers are nice. Lots of growth potential

Cons

There is a lot of repetition of the same job task everyday. It can be very boring and makes the day feel long.

Hire more talented staff and to do that you have to increase the pay. There are a lot of deadbeats in the department that don't carry their own wait and get away with it...

What a terrible joke of a job!!!!!

Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Freedom Health (FL) as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

A paycheck. Spacious cubicles. Did I mention it was a paycheck?

Cons

Where do I begin?........ I was placed on a assignmt as a temp at this dump (Cherry St. location). The pay left much to be desired (probably would have remained the same if I had stayed long enough to become permanent).

The building is old and filthy! Especially the bathrooms that had plumbing issues almost every day. Code enforcement should really get involved.

The trainer is/was extremely arrogant! The managers are unprofessional and clueless. Some existing employees are genuinely very nice and will go out of their way to help you when you need it. Honestly, they should replace the so-called managers who do absolutely nothing except sit on their backsides or constantly leave their desks. There are however, quite a few ignorant ("GHETTO")employees mixed in.

Although the office cubicles are large and have high separators (walls)for privacy, you can't find a decent chair to save your life! One of my co-workers had to use her purse for back support!!!

The parking is limited, horrible and unsafe. Myself and others worried about being attacked on the way to and from our vehicles. The location of the office itself is unbelieveable.

I began seeking employment after 2 months of being there. Need I go on?

They seriously need to get it together!!

PLEASE BUY YOURSELF A CLUE!!!! THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO RUN AN ORGANIZATION.