Freedom Health (FL)

Updated Feb 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kapadia Munaf

The company is truly dedicated to assisting the Medicare population.

Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsIt's a pretty laid back atmosphere and co-workers are nice. Lots of growth potential

ConsThere is a lot of repetition of the same job task everyday. It can be very boring and makes the day feel long.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more talented staff and to do that you have to increase the pay. There are a lot of deadbeats in the department that don't carry their own wait and get away with it...

You have to work really hard, and make no mistakes to stay with the company.

Concierge Specialist (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsScheduling can be rearranged by switching shifts with other representatives. Depending on the team lead they can work with your schedules.

ConsIf you are late one minute it is as equivalent to 4 hours. 1/2 an occurrence, it will not go away in your file for 6 months. after you receive 6 occurrences you will be immediately fired, regardless if you got hit by a bus. This company would be great to work in if it had a better structure, they have favorites and not everyone is treated equally. Which is sad, It does not matter who you are, if we have the same position all of us deserve to be treated equally. its not okay if 2 people make the same mistake for one to be forgiven, that is no way to run a business.

During Medicare enrollment season, I've witnessed many people get employed and 80%are gone after enrolment season is over. I guess its better than no job, but not if you are looking for stability. "supervisors" and UM when you call they can never give you a straight answer or they give up and say "I don't know." Obviously There is some kind of misinformation, and that needs to be addressed, and well it hasn't.

I have been here for over 3 years and I will be leaving soon once an opportunity I've called on replies. the reason why is the pay is not as competitive as other insurances like Wellcare and Humana. Personally the only great thing is that they open the door for Concierge Specialist, its a good way to get your foot in the healthcare field. Medicare is full of plans all over so the experience is good here. In the end if you decide to work here, ask plenty of questions, and document everything many have got fired for this.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining should be completed more often, and that applies for all departments. You want the company to grow and we want to grow. However, we do this together we are a team. Possibly cutting occurrences to a quarter of one, but that possibly wont happen in a business point of you. But once in a while for the new reps especially or new information of the plan more trainings and meetings should be made to address any situation/concern. We are here for our members, so lets be there for them.

What a terrible joke of a job!!!!!

Member Services Representative (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsA paycheck. Spacious cubicles. Did I mention it was a paycheck?

ConsWhere do I begin?........ I was placed on a assignmt as a temp at this dump (Cherry St. location). The pay left much to be desired (probably would have remained the same if I had stayed long enough to become permanent).

The building is old and filthy! Especially the bathrooms that had plumbing issues almost every day. Code enforcement should really get involved.

The trainer is/was extremely arrogant! The managers are unprofessional and clueless. Some existing employees are genuinely very nice and will go out of their way to help you when you need it. Honestly, they should replace the so-called managers who do absolutely nothing except sit on their backsides or constantly leave their desks. There are however, quite a few ignorant ("GHETTO")employees mixed in.

Although the office cubicles are large and have high separators (walls)for privacy, you can't find a decent chair to save your life! One of my co-workers had to use her purse for back support!!!

The parking is limited, horrible and unsafe. Myself and others worried about being attacked on the way to and from our vehicles. The location of the office itself is unbelieveable.

I began seeking employment after 2 months of being there. Need I go on?

They seriously need to get it together!!

Advice to Senior ManagementPLEASE BUY YOURSELF A CLUE!!!! THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO RUN AN ORGANIZATION.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people, Good Service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with. Provide a wonderful service for patients with high success rate.

ConsUnclear and changing expectations. Micromanagement from the owners. No long view of objectives. Too quick to change employees, direction of focus, etc

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people do their jobs and stay out of their way.

Interesting Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsSmall, growing company allows me to have input into some changes. Suggestions for improvement are appreciated. My job has some variety which I like. Co-workers in my department are friendly. My manager is very hands on which I appreciate. There are some good resources in the company which is helpful to me since I am somewhat new to managed care. The company seems very focused on the quality of care offered to the members and the members seem to like the plans.

ConsSince management is just putting some processes and structure in place and it might take a while for some things to get done when something new comes up.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompare the PTO and salaries to what other companies offer.

Good Company

Assistant (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsEligibility for benefits 1st of month after 30 days. This seems to be a shorter waiting period than companies I have previously worked for.
    Nice facility locations located directly on Tampa Bay and near Westshore.
    I have found my management interactions to be favorable and generally very supportive.
    They provide opportunities for temp to hire positions.
    Business provides stable employment and has grown rapidly.
    Diverse employee population.
    Company offers tuition reimbursement.
    I have no complaints about my salary.

ConsRapid growth can challenge systems and personnel

Poorly Managed Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsNo pros for this company at all

ConsCompliance is ran by a diverse group of morons!! Not one of them is knowledgable about healthcare and its operations. One CO only hired due to being family, despite his lack of experience or intelligence. The other CO has no voice & goes along with the first idiot. The other directors and managers are equally incompetent & one a constant cry baby. Do yourself a favor and get rid of that team of can nots immediately.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the compliance management team- all of them!

Bad Management and Agressive cost saving leading to less compensation

Project Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsProvides opportunity to learn new things.
    Keeps your job even after making mistakes.
    Allows you to cross train yourself for various difficulties
    Flexible work schedule in few areas

ConsLowest Salaries in US.
    No respect. No policies to follow.
    Glass ceiling at every job title
    Stressful and unfriendly work culture
    You can not work from home.
    No annual bonus for any one including senior executives

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees feel neglected because of less compensation which leads to low morale and no motivation for performing job duties. Work stress needs to be reduced by increasing number of employes. Policies must be followed after they are created.

Horrible 3rd party company associated w/Freedom Health located on W. Cherry St.

Concierge Specialist (Member Services Department ) (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsIf you're not comfortable in large settings, and have only worked for unprofessional companies, this small call center company will work for you. You have your own personal high desk cubicle and there's is a high level on maturity amongst your colleagues.

ConsYou have trainings every week and a test every Friday. If you do not do well (90% average) on the test you're reprimanded by retaking the test, being written up and eventuallybeing terminated. They have a no cell policy on the floor, but management is always on their phone. Due to the size of the call center there is no room for professional growth. The pay rate is horrible even if you have a B.S. or Masters degree. Upper Management promise you cash incentives that you never recieve.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake heed to the reviews and apply the changes

Worst Company to Work For

Finance (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe work-life balance was not too bad. The work load at times were high but not unbearable. Work was not challenging. If you are looking for an easy job this is company is for you.

ConsThere are not enough parking spaces compared to amount of employees. The salaries/ wages are lower than industry average. Some people have master degrees and are basically paid minimum wage. The management is unfair and there are no opportunities to be promoted. The company is predominately indian and if you are not indian you are at a disadvantage. Majority of employees are not educated and are really unprofessional. Unless you are just looking for a temporary position AVOID this firm at all costs. Go to another insurance provider.

I worked with unprofessional people that were extremely unhappy in their position. I voluntarily left after a few months because it became evident that it was a dead end.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise wages. Many people are suffering and their salary levels do not match their education levels. Get better employees. It's sad that the company cannot retain talent.

Worked for Freedom Health (FL)? Contribute to the Community!