Freedom Mortgage

Add Photos

Stanley Middleman

Great place to work

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Moorestown, NJ

ProsVery dedicated, intelligent and focused management team. Making money and growing in a down market...who does that? Worked at several mortgage companies, so nice to work at one that is actually growing! While the processing system looks like DOS (which is it is not), once you learn it you can really move around quickly and get your work done. Likes to promote from within.

ConsCramped work spaces and noisy environments can sometimes make it difficult to focus. Cafeteria is lacking. Far from my house.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate work spaces more conducive for deep thought.

Freedom Mortgage Social Media Manager responded to this review

Jul 21, 2014

Thank you for your review!

Overall a great place to work.

Funder (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsGrowing company, room for advancement, stable hours and a great employees.

ConsMarket fluctuations can lead to layoffs. It is mortgage work so it can get repetitive and tedious at times. Raises are straight across the board regardless of ability or work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBase raises on manager reviews

Not the best experience mass hiring and firingl

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFood court close by is a good get away. Some very bright intelligent people are struggling to do their jobs in spite of the unrealistic demands and underhanded treatment by an upper management that allows its administrative protocol and nuances to thwart real efforts by teams succeed. These groups are some of the hardest working people I have ever had the pleasure to work with in spite of the obstacles thrown at them.

ConsUpper management lacks humanity. It will make mass hiring an firings based on a quick response to market conditions. Upper manage has no sense of privacy and there have been first hand accounts where a group and select individuals were publicly humiliated in front of peers as well as attendees of a meeting that were professional consultants, While some complaint might have been justified while others were not led to the general water cooler comments after the meeting, The consensus was the meeting was in poor taste, certainly unprofessional attitude was displayed, and it presented the seed of mistreatment that was breeding disloyalty consideration from a group that had been overflowing with loyalty.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip of how to manage your middle management. You have some wonderfully bright, competent, experienced, good managers that are being beaten down for contrived reasons. Don't let your administrative protocol kill deadlines when content is accurate, necessary, submitted, reviewed, then sent back to cross a T instead of just crossing it when it was reviewed to save the deadline. In many instances middle management received reprimands for late submittals without making complaint about havening to make 13th hour changes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bait and Switch-- big, clunky, mismanaged corporation

Assistant Vice President of Sales (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGood base salary, free coffee and snacks.

ConsAngry, cold, and short sighted management staff--whom do no real work and only put people down.

Recycled, old leads , no hot leads. Unrealistic expectations for production while working with only old leads and cold calls.

Poor commission structure, you have to do a minimum number of loans and pass QA\Call Script reviews at a 90% rate or higher to get paid any commission.

I was hired as an inbound only loan officer, instead there were no inbound calls, and we were all forced to do 50+ outbound cold calls per day or be written up. Meanwhile, management bashed our group performance constantly.

I would never work here again, and I would not recommend that anybody work here ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making promises that you have no intention on keeping.

Trying at times, not as organized as you would think

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fishers, IN

ProsUnderwriting Team is onpoint..well most

ConsToo high of a turn over to keep costs down

Advice to Senior Managementnone

You won't have a voice in this company | Mass hiring/Firing

IT-Person (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsNearby mall and food choices

ConsDuring the interview they will promise you a lot of things, such as new projects and how the team work together. All are lies! Culture in this company is about discrimination.. Beware.. If you're not a part of the "Cigarette/Smoker Team" don't even bother talking to any of them they will not listen. They will also change your manager if they don't like you or if they don't want to listen to your opinions. They also do mass hiring and mass firing..

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen you eyes! Listen to regular employees not just the high-ups..

Employees are just a number here-- Very sad

Underwriter (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsRemote employment is always nice. They provided a descent set up, phone, oversized screen computer, printer etc.

ConsComputer System is DOS based and extremely old. Expectations are unrealistic for daily production and support staff is not trained well. Middle management has to much on their plate to really help their staff, and never has anything good to say very negative place to work. Pay is low $10k less than I am currently making, Career advancement minimal, and everything seems to fall on the underwriter at this company. Such a disappointment I had high hopes--

Advice to Senior ManagementAt some point you will need to treat the worker bee's with respect if you want them to have loyalty and be committed to your cause. You can never grow a seasoned staff if all you do is beat them down each day with new problems and issues..

Company is growing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany growing and expanding a few departments

ConsNot able to get market salary or bonuses. No formal training for positions. Benefits are expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people what they are worth

horrifying

Loan Originator (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsPricing is good but the overall experience is horrible for all parties involved, it's not worth the grief you go through to get to the end result.

ConsThe customer service and management is worse than any job I have experienced in my career, instead of taking responsibility and fixing problems, they choose to point fingers instead, resolving nothing. I wouldn't recommend this company to my enemies it's so bad!

Advice to Senior Managementlearn what customer service means

Loan closer

Prosovertime
    good coworkers
    both offices are close to each other

Conscold management
    poor training
    massive hirings and firings

Advice to Senior Managementorganization is key

Worked for Freedom Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!