Freeport Press

Dave Pilcher Sr
1 Rating

love the people

I worked at Freeport Press

Pros

get along with certain that i worked with

Cons

no challanges really, just getting along with people who think they are better than you

hire people who want to wrk not just for a paycheck

I have never been more disappointed in an employer.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Freeport, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Freeport, OH

I have been working at Freeport Press

Pros

The only "Pros" I can think of is the proximity to my home and that there are alot of good hard working people employed here.

Cons

The "Cons" of working at The Freeport Press are nearly endless. My number one con has got to be that management will promise you whatever they can to keep you satisfied and then not make good on their promises. Regardless of how good a job you do, the only time you are recognized is if you make a mistake!

The biggest piece of advice i have for the management is to listen to the people. I think it is wonderful the way our company is growing, but I believe that you should show some appreciation for the people that made the growth possible.

One of the most highly automated printing facilities I have ever seen.

Current Employee - Pressman in Freeport, OH
    Current Employee - Pressman in Freeport, OH

I have been working at Freeport Press

Pros

They are constantly buying new equipment that is state of the Art. That creates lots of opportunity to move up the ladder for those who embrace learning this new technology. I also like that they provide a 401K contribution regardless of the employee participation.

Cons

Keep your employees wellbeing in mind during all decision making. Thanks for making the investment in us with the recent leadership training. It’s nice to be a part of the same training the office workers receive. Thanks too for providing the new uniform service at no cost. It’s nice not to get ink on my own clothing.

No regard for me as a human being.

Former Employee - Former Employee in Freeport, OH
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Freeport, OH

I worked at Freeport Press

Pros

Close to home, benefits were okay.

Cons

No one was treated equally. Upper management made you feel like a peon. It is IMPOSSIBLE to support a family on the wages paid to bindery employees. No promoting from within the company, Some supervisors were entirely incompetent, and quick frankly, had NO BUSINESS being in the positions that they held.

Management needs to address employees on a more personal basis, instead of passing information down thru levels of authority, as if we were not worthy of their time and presence. They need to understand that as a growing company, their employees need to grow as well. In other words, don't be padding your pockets on the sweat and misfortune of others. If you want your employees to care about their jobs, try paying them a decent wage. Most of the people in this area are proud people and don't like the idea of asking for help from the gov't, but they have no choice with the wages they receive. I'm sure your children don't go hungry.

This is not an equal opportunity employer.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Freeport, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Freeport, OH

I have been working at Freeport Press

Pros

The owners have good intentions.
    The work hours are reasonable.
    Management is considerate of family functions and allow me to leave work for my kids school progams.
    They let us go home early for inclement weather, because the location is very rural and travel is dangerous.
    They allow us to work from home if it is too dangerous to drive.
    The company is expanding

Cons

Slow and fragmented decision making
    Less than 10% of employees have any college education, resulting in limited exposure to diversity and professional growth.
    Hierarchical Management
    Management often goes through the motions, does not embrace change
    Veteran employees will not accept change, including new employees, and management does nothing to resolve this issue.
    Inequality between departments.
    Will step over a $1.00 to pick up a $0.01
    Does not focus analytics in right areas
    Issues with sharing of resources and information across functional areas
    Veteran employees withhold important information from new employees as a means of job security, while hurting customer relations.
    If you don't follow the "clique leader," even as a veteran employee, your job will suddenly become extremely difficult.
    Veteran employees will do anything they can to keep new employees out. Department managers encourages this behavior, and the owners are blind to it.
    There is too much nepotism, resulting in uneducated, unprofessional, and incompetent management.

Look across the lines of business before making decisions and learn how to improve the communications to make this process more agile. Open your eyes and look at what your PRIZE employees are really doing with your money. Some of us have been here for years and are too afraid to stand up for what is right, because we have seen what happens. Think hard and try to remember why people have failed at their jobs. Many of the "underproducers" were doing great, but their work was intentionally destroyed by your prize employees. OPEN YOUR EYES! ? Research these things. Record who is accessing assigned acccounts. Re-Think who you should trust. Lead by example. Increase company morale by finally putting an end to the demise of good employees.

I have nothing good to say about this place.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Freeport, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Freeport, OH

I have been working at Freeport Press

Pros

You can make very good friends here.
    It is in a close knit communiy and aot of the people have worked here for years.

Cons

Management is horrible. They say they want to hear your ideas, but they really only want to hear themselves talking. They say that want things to go corporate and make change, but nothing will ever happen here. The owners support the behavior that exists.

You're never going to grow in the manner you think you should with the mentality that you have there. If you want your company to go corporate, you need to hire a customer service manager who has worked for a LARGE corporation. This new manager that you hired is a joke. You made a huge mistake with this one. I predict that you will lose more customer's than you have in years with him managing this department. The only thing that I've seen from him is his ability to run the office as a boot camp. My advice is to get rid of him before he makes you start losing accounts.

It's just a job until I can get another one.

Current Employee - Pocket Feeder in Freeport, OH
    Current Employee - Pocket Feeder in Freeport, OH

I have been working at Freeport Press

Pros

Not much of a challenge
    Just go to work and do you job nothing to take home
    Its easy to get hired

Cons

The salary sucks. Its a long drive. They know that people need jobs so they pay minimum wage and expect us to work like someone who is making double that. They only promote family and friends or friends of family/friends. No matter how hard you work, it really won't get you any further. People make up rumors about you and spread them throughotu the plant. Managers dont act like i think managers should, they should encourage people to do better for themselves. They just kind of bring you down, making you know you will never be anything more than that. They act like your making a good decision when you are being interviewed. after that, they want nothing more to do with you and make sure you know that you work there by choice and if you don't like it you can leave. But you need a job, so you just keep going.

We already know we have the lowest jobs in the company. We might all get along better if you would treat us like we were people.

you could say it was alright

I worked at Freeport Press

Pros

i would not be where i am at today , if it wasn't for freeport press..i wouldn't have the knowledge if they wouldn't have given me the chance

Cons

the hours that they expect you to work .....and the amount of money that they want to pay the employees...and the way the employees get treated

show the employess that they are appreciated....go out on the floor and do the job that they do and the hours they work and you can see why they gripe

The owner's and most management care for them selves, and them selves only .

I have been working at Freeport Press

Pros

hoping it will be a great place to work , not yet , within 30 miles of most everyone that works there.

Cons

The pay is low . they tell you it is the area. bull . they charge the same for a job as if it were printed somewhere else . maybe under bid a job by 8% , get the job . they would make money because they pay the employees nothing. they have lots of part time people, they are treated like full time. owners don't have to pay insurance to them. witch insurance sucks anyway . join the" i have no teeth dental policy " .

let the employees know they are appreciated . They say Money is not a motivator , bull crap. entry level people are paid state minimum wage . no incentive for the employee .