Freescale Semiconductor

Freescale Semiconductor Reviews in Brazil

Updated May 27, 2014

Freescale Semiconductor President & CEO Gregg Lowe

Gregg Lowe

Pros
  • In most sitesorganizations managers were very flexible in terms of telecommuting, work-life balance(in 76 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule for salaried employees, depending on manager(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Global company, you work 24 hours a day and weekends; no work life balance,(in 16 reviews)

• It lacks senior management decision oriented approach(in 15 reviews)

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

High workload, slow career progression, but a great place to work.

Design Verification Engineer III (Current Employee) Campinas, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsVery experienced people. Nice company culture. Incentives for innovation thinking. Decent salary and perks.

ConsHigh workload. Not so many opportunities for progressing in your career, hierarchically speaking. Layoffs a bit too frequent.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should bring in more experienced people to the teams. Recently, fresh outs mostly the ones being hired.

Semiconductors in Brazil

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Campinas, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsChallenging and interesting projects. Seems to have been recovered its path to regain market share in some areas.

ConsVery tight schedules. Projects complexity increasing with almost the same schedules and teams.

No opportunities to grow

Design Engineer II (Current Employee) Campinas, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsThe local co-workers are very friendly

ConsNo effective trainings on o tools and projects;
    Performance Management is useless;
    The company target salary is the market value, but there isn't other semiconductors companies around. The is no difference between work here or in any other industry around.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be more honest and clear during communications;
    Do not buy a new job car when the company reports bad results;

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stagnation to medium/high level experience designers.

IC Designer II (Current Employee) Campinas, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsFreescale is a good company to start your carrier, it possible to learn the basics about design. The information and self trainings are kind available and you can progress a little bit. But forget any thing else, once you entry as a beginner you will never progress in eng carrier for a very long time.

ConsThere are many bad point to work at Freescale: The management treat all engineers as stupid low level workers, they never told the true, his administration is not transparent. The planning is a joke, and there are many people doing nothing and many people over loaded.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, change your way to conduce your team, other wise you will lose them.

Freescale

Design Engineer II (Current Employee) Campinas, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsOne of the few opportunities in Brazil to work within the Semiconductors design area.
    Very good support from administrative and other infrastructure areas (such as IT and EDA/CAD groups). That allow you to really focus on your target responsabilities.
    Enables very good balance in between personal and professional sides.

ConsLack of opportunities to growth.
    No clear rules while establishing job levels and salaries (since the hiring process).

Advice to Senior ManagementTo give more attention on some of the HR policies, such as career development, job levels x salaries x responsabilities x previous experience, PLR.

Good place to work, but could be much better

Design Engineer II (Current Employee)

ProsGood salary for region, and good benefits. The technical skills involved are rare in region, so they tend to pay beter at start, if you are good negotiator.
    People with much time in company are losing some aquired benefits.

ConsLack of comunication between managers and all employees, they think becouse there is no concurrency in region, people tend to still in same place for long time, so they don´t need talk about employees future.
    The HR is not effective. They don´t answear things that they think people don´t need to know, as about carrer plan, or about annual salary raises.
    Colleagues are very unsatified with the HR treatment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more attentive with coleagues satisfaction. Try to improve HR communication.

Open your eyes, everybody lies.

IC Designer (Current Employee) Campinas, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsIt is a big company with (until now) enough resources to complete my duties, pays in accordance with market (besides the fact that In Brazil we do not have many design houses).

ConsFreescale is suffering with his huge debt, the only thing that we heard since 2003 is cost reduction. Does not matter what you do, we need to reduce costs and promotions are very rare.
    Senior management tells lies, HR is a joke, they always announce a cut in benefits as a good thing for us, they think that we are stupids. I wish to be treated as an intelligent man.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoes not matter if you him is your old college friend, people must be evaluated by results and not friendship.

Worked for Freescale Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!