Freescale Semiconductor

Freescale Semiconductor Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Freescale Semiconductor President & CEO Gregg Lowe

Gregg Lowe

Pros
  • In most sitesorganizations managers were very flexible in terms of telecommuting, work-life balance (in 76 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule for salaried employees, depending on manager (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Global company, you work 24 hours a day and weekends; no work life balance, (in 16 reviews)

• It lacks senior management decision oriented approach (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

sr software

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsInteresting work, lots of opportunity to explore.

Consvery unstable lots of re org.

Finally after years of turbulance, this is a very refined company that is very enjoyable to work for

Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsEach team's responsibility is actually being seriously considered. No longer are the days where design throws a marginal product over the fence and moves on to the next marginal product. We finally are designing products with DFT in mind, and manufacturing foresight. Management has been very supportive in encouraging bottom up intelligence.
    The quality of new management is very high with most having PHD's with the mindset to address very intricate issues that have been negatively impacting the company forever. They also are very good at backing off a bad idea. When the lower ranking employees revolt over a bad idea, they listen and make the intelligent decision. This never happened when the likes of Klaus were mismanaging the place.
    They have invested in mid-level marketing to get the word out to new customers that has resulted in exciting new prospects that have been filling the pipelines. The company has a startup atmosphere.

ConsThe company is constantly redefining itself so you never know how long the current vision is going to last. Any manufacturing that requires U.S. support is very thin on manpower. The amount of new paperwork in the future looks like a mountain of documentation. Hopefully this will be implemented with intelligence.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe current management has a great vision and execution plan. Hopefully we are planning for the long term. Keep listening to the rank and file. Some of the ideas look very risky and may need tweaking.

very negative motivation techniques

Equipment Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Prosadequate money and benefits, very laid back work if that's what you like, very challenging work environment, good schedule for time off with the compressed work-week

Consvery outdated good-old-boy management culture, high stress environment, no organization to everyday work environment, management team has no connection to the actual manufacturing operations

Advice to Senior Managementmeetings and communication should be an everyday occurrance and communication should be two-way

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Incredible people, lack of direction

Project Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe people who work for Freescale are the kinds of folks you'd be willing to go to war with.

ConsThe divisions within the company are exactly that—providing fodder for constant us versus them red tape.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out where you're going.

Very Good experience, good company to work with, very good work culture

Product Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsLots of learning, new opportunities, work on new technology, good work life balance

Consnothing .. everything good...

No Originality

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGood pay, don't have to really produce anything, good time off. Good location with lots of sun.

ConsNo new ideas, Trying to sell software which they aren't very good at doing. Don't value good people with good ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to sell software. You are not good at it.

Good place to work at

ProsGreat benefits ,perks and PTO. Great for hardware folks

ConsNot really a good place to work for a CS grad..

Advice to Senior ManagementTop heaviness and bureaucracy needs to go. Way too many systems that choke the company

Good place to work

ProsGood leadership and values overall

ConsNeed to find ways to be innovative, best for self-driven folks

Former CIM Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorldclass systems and colleagues, great learning experience

ConsMost of them have left!

Human Resources

Human Resourceds (Former Employee)

ProsDynamic company, focused on being number one in the marketplace.

ConsLots of leadership changes throughout the years. Most recent changes have been positive for the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on employee career development.

Worked for Freescale Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!