Freeze

Be The First To
Add Photos

Poor management

Graphic Artist (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsA lot of other artists to meet, really cool people.

ConsI was not trained, I was not given the same resources as other graphic artists, I was sat separate from everyone else in the office, my department had no art director, so I was receiving very unclear critique from a merchandiser, which resulted in her never being happy with my work. I busted my ass for 3 months, with no satisfactory results. Eventually I got fed up and quit.
    For the record, most of the other people who work there are miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery division needs an art director. Also, if you have been having to refill the same position over and over again, maybe it's not the artists you're hiring, maybe it's the management they are receiving.

Freeze- Imagine Screen Printing- Separation Artist

Seperation Artist (Former Employee) Dayton, NJ

ProsThe income is steady and so is the daily routine: 9-5 pm weekly except on Fridays, 9-4 pm. Lunch breaks are flexible as long as you get your work done and have a good reason, such as kids or doctors appointments to leave.
    They offered heath benefits. The office space was cleaned daily.

ConsThere is no opportunity for career growth, as a separation artist at Imagine. No higher position to aspire to, or promotion for that matter. When I joined, employees who had been there for 10 + years had not received a raise in 6 years.
    As a new employee I only had 5 personal days all year until I had completed 2 years. I and my fellow artists were promised all the jewish holidays, christmas and thanksgiving, but one month into the job, HR told us we were not going to get those days, even though the employees in the offices on the other side of our factory did.
    At my interview I was told that I had to stay late if the work load demanded it but there was never an incentive to help the company out in this way because the management was so poor. We were often given 'homework' to do on our own time for extra hourly pay, but management was trying to get us to stay late and do it for free instead. Management wanted us to work through our lunch breaks when there was a lot of work to get done, but they also forbid us from having meals in the office. While I was employed there, an air conditioner for the office broke down. Since the separation artists work in a one room office, with no windows, the temperature reached 90+ degrees daily (we had a thermometer). This problem went on for over 3 months, despite repeated requests from the artists and the management to have it fixed.
    The communication between management, design offices, and employees was poor and often neglected. There was only one phone in the room for 5 people when I started, and when I left there were two, and none of the were for the artists personal use. While there I made an effort to make my job more efficient and effective by creating a checklist for artwork being submitted for production. This was largely ignored and unnoticed.
    The management did not support independent thinking, schedules, or initiatives to receive a higher educational. Management used inappropriate language towards subordinate employees.
    I feel prospective applicants to this company in general should know that the management was mostly of a certain religious group, and management recruitment seemed to greatly depend upon that. I do not recommend working for Freeze Division or it's subsidiary Image Screen Production.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want artists who stay late to complete work offer a competitive salary with ways to receive pay raises and rewards. Also, treat them equal to other office employees. Give yearly bonuses/ pay raises to all employees, including factory workers. Make employees feel valued and independent. Happy employees do lots of good work.

Worked for Freeze? Contribute to the Community!