Fremont Bank

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brad Anderson

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It seemed to be a very professional company at the beginning....

Fulfillment Specialist II (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsThe company is paying you what for your experience / education. Fun activities every month. The benefits seems great.

ConsAs soon as interest rates move your job is gone... it's short term job

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to hire through a temporary service.. not perm placement if that is your intention

Process daily loan sales

Accountant (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsI had good flexible scheduling if the traffic was bad on the road.

ConsOpportunities for advance your knowledge in real estate business,were very political to speak "patron" word to senior manager.

Dissapointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsIt was a job,
    learned a lot

ConsThe "FOB" (Friends of the Bank) favoritism; members of the family nepotism rampant.
    Folks have worked here for as long as I have been alive; stagnant and set in their ways.
    Lack of support & buy in from IT or Security teams; all reactive with no proactive support.
    Some business units act as rogue, acting out on their own ignoring Bank policies and compliance standards.
    Business units dictate technical solutions; setting themselves up for failure.
    Someone not getting what they want, standard excuse "the bank is losing money" - with no metrics or business case to support.
    Outsourced help desk.
    Hayward Ops center has not been painted or updated in years. Drab & depressing work environment in the middle of an industrial park. HQ in Fremont is nicer (no surprise).
    The bank owned house on the beach and the jets cost money; now you know where the profits are going.
    Compensation & benefits is not inline with Silicon Valley standards; hence the quality of coworkers reflect.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave you sold your soul?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They are OK

Accountant (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsAverage benefits and compensation. Stable company.

ConsSmall work area. No growth opportunity.

Good but how about those temps?

Appraiser Administrative (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsThe Company does do things that show the people they are appreciated like ice cream socials and barbecues which is refreshing and more than most companies do.
    The environment is friendly.

ConsI've been working as a temp for over 6 months and it seems as if Fremont Bank likes to keep people temps so they don't have to pay benefits, holiday pay,Vacation or fair salaries. Why not bring the temps on board if they have proved themselves. I know many that have been temps here for over a year. Why?

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Company is celebrating record profits. Start hiring people on permanent. The whole keeping people temps thing is a bit shady.

Not to big, not to small, just right!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsGreat benefits, community bank, pride in knowing our service helps the financial needs of our clients. We have a proven track record for offering low cost mortgage rates and focusing on he relationship of the client rather than just the bottom line. We appreciate our clients and continue finding ways to set ourselves apart from competition.

ConsThere is a lack of direction and training from certain areas of the bank.

Advice to Senior ManagementDesign a formalized training program for ALL departments.

Very dissatisfied

Underwriter (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsThe company has good technology and it's a fun work environment if you are new to the mortgage industry. The pay is competitive and the co-workers try to do activities to make this place a better place to work at.

ConsVery unstable work environment. When the market is not good, they lay off an awful lot. They tend to rehire a lot of people that they laid off in the past (normally called within 2 months) before they find another job. The work demands in the mortgage department are not realistic. A simple look on their website for the work requirements should tell you enough. One example is that underwriters are required to underwrite 25 files a day, where the industry standard is 3 files a day.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee development and nurturing an environment where employees can grow. You need to work more on being able to either nurture or recruit top talent to help with credibility.

It is okay to work there temporary while you're still at school, but not a company I can grow with.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

Prosprivately owned so the work environment is more personable. My current branch manager is reasonable and listens to what her associates have to say.

ConsA lot of pressure from management on sales and the goals can be unreasonable. The turnover rate is very high and a lot of branches are experience staff shortage.

Worked for Fremont Bank? Contribute to the Community!