Fremont Bank

Updated July 7, 2014
2.1

Brad Anderson

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It seemed to be a very professional company at the beginning....

Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist II in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist II in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Fremont Bank full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is paying you what for your experience / education. Fun activities every month. The benefits seems great.

Cons

As soon as interest rates move your job is gone... it's short term job

You need to hire through a temporary service.. not perm placement if that is your intention

Process daily loan sales

Current Employee - Accountant in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Fremont Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I had good flexible scheduling if the traffic was bad on the road.

Cons

Opportunities for advance your knowledge in real estate business,were very political to speak "patron" word to senior manager.

Dissapointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

I worked at Fremont Bank as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It was a job,
    learned a lot

Cons

The "FOB" (Friends of the Bank) favoritism; members of the family nepotism rampant.
    Folks have worked here for as long as I have been alive; stagnant and set in their ways.
    Lack of support & buy in from IT or Security teams; all reactive with no proactive support.
    Some business units act as rogue, acting out on their own ignoring Bank policies and compliance standards.
    Business units dictate technical solutions; setting themselves up for failure.
    Someone not getting what they want, standard excuse "the bank is losing money" - with no metrics or business case to support.
    Outsourced help desk.
    Hayward Ops center has not been painted or updated in years. Drab & depressing work environment in the middle of an industrial park. HQ in Fremont is nicer (no surprise).
    The bank owned house on the beach and the jets cost money; now you know where the profits are going.
    Compensation & benefits is not inline with Silicon Valley standards; hence the quality of coworkers reflect.

Have you sold your soul?

They are OK

Former Employee - Accountant in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Hayward, CA

I worked at Fremont Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Average benefits and compensation. Stable company.

Cons

Small work area. No growth opportunity.

Good but how about those temps?

Current Employee - Appraiser Administrative in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Appraiser Administrative in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Fremont Bank full-time

Pros

The Company does do things that show the people they are appreciated like ice cream socials and barbecues which is refreshing and more than most companies do.
    The environment is friendly.

Cons

I've been working as a temp for over 6 months and it seems as if Fremont Bank likes to keep people temps so they don't have to pay benefits, holiday pay,Vacation or fair salaries. Why not bring the temps on board if they have proved themselves. I know many that have been temps here for over a year. Why?

The Company is celebrating record profits. Start hiring people on permanent. The whole keeping people temps thing is a bit shady.

Not to big, not to small, just right!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Fremont Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, community bank, pride in knowing our service helps the financial needs of our clients. We have a proven track record for offering low cost mortgage rates and focusing on he relationship of the client rather than just the bottom line. We appreciate our clients and continue finding ways to set ourselves apart from competition.

Cons

There is a lack of direction and training from certain areas of the bank.

Design a formalized training program for ALL departments.

Very dissatisfied

Former Employee - Underwriter in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Hayward, CA

I worked at Fremont Bank

Pros

The company has good technology and it's a fun work environment if you are new to the mortgage industry. The pay is competitive and the co-workers try to do activities to make this place a better place to work at.

Cons

Very unstable work environment. When the market is not good, they lay off an awful lot. They tend to rehire a lot of people that they laid off in the past (normally called within 2 months) before they find another job. The work demands in the mortgage department are not realistic. A simple look on their website for the work requirements should tell you enough. One example is that underwriters are required to underwrite 25 files a day, where the industry standard is 3 files a day.

Focus on employee development and nurturing an environment where employees can grow. You need to work more on being able to either nurture or recruit top talent to help with credibility.

It is okay to work there temporary while you're still at school, but not a company I can grow with.

I have been working at Fremont Bank

Pros

privately owned so the work environment is more personable. My current branch manager is reasonable and listens to what her associates have to say.

Cons

A lot of pressure from management on sales and the goals can be unreasonable. The turnover rate is very high and a lot of branches are experience staff shortage.