Fremont College Reviews

Fremont College Chancellor and CEO Sabrina Kay
Sabrina Kay

1. Not for the $$

I have been working at Fremont College

Pros

Easy place to work as a legal instructor. You are given freedom to develop your own lessons within a broad framework of required content for each course. You are also free to supplement and omit material from the assigned text as you see fit. Beats answering interrogatories or conducting a document review. Minimal stress and anxiety compared to private practice, but less $$. Do it only if you get satisfaction from teaching.

Cons

Pay is less per hour than you could make as a contract attorney. Also you are paid a flat rate for each course you teach, so the more time you need for administrative work (e.g., grading, student conferences, curricular and content development) the lower your effective hourly rate

2. Big vision, big mission, big plans

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Fremont College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues to work with, extremely sophisticated and savvy, collaborative, and very nice people. I see it like a bunch of friends with similar likes yet uniquely different in their own way, working together to achieve an overall purpose. Its refreshing and stretching at the same time.

Student affairs department does an amazing job interacting with the students, providing them with hope to succeed and reminding them that they can do a great job if they continue to work hard.

Collaborative culture of care. CEO's vision drives the ship and anchors every effort - focused on offering students a new reality and empowering people through education and real opportunities.

Cons

So far so good. Hours can be wonky at times and traffic driving to LA is never the best but what can you do in LA? I couldn't find a helicopter for sale on Craigslist

Advice to Management

Continual encouragement of the staff, allowing them to grow and do what they do best, and integrating the student experience along with their goals as one of the forefront core values

The most miserable and unethical period of my life while earning over $100k.

Former Employee - Director of Technology
    Former Employee - Director of Technology

I worked at Fremont College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can see the CEO Sabrina Kay walk onto campus after her Beverly Hills shopping spree with bags from luxury retailers while walking past an enrolled but homeless student. You can also work with condescending faculty with PhD's who demand you address them by Doctor first. You can get paid over six figures to watch Netflix all day long.

Cons

Most of the executive staff are highly inexperienced in running an ethical and efficient business. This organization acts corporate when it's convenient otherwise they are very unethical. I witnessed the CFO instruct the Director of Financial Aid to write an essay for a prospective student so they could guarantee enrollment and get their student loan money.

Advice to Management

Management is a joke....a highly unprofessional one.

Dec 19, 2014Director of Human Resources

We are very disturbed by your unfounded comments and personal attacks. It must be mentioned publicly on this forum that your comments regarding our CEO and CFO are false, malicious and personal. If ... More

Professional yet very unorganized

I worked at Fremont College full-time

Pros

Enjoyed working in an educational institution.. SOME of the staff and students were great to work with.

Cons

Very unorganized, lack of appropriate work space for staff, often feel overlooked, very difficult to educate upper management on necessary changes (often unavailable and/or close minded to the new options)

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff.. they have suggestions for a reason.

Dec 17, 2014Director of Human Resources

We appreciate the comment and are disappointed that your experience was not pleasant. We do our very best to organize our workplace and listen to those who care to dialog with upper management ... More

6. I'll Look Back Fondly

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Fremont College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very accessible management team who are open to new ideas. Very dedicated and hardworking staff. Although my position didn't work directly with students, from what I could tell, staff and faculty really seemed to care about each and everyone.

Cons

These weren't cons for me but potential new hires should be aware that this is a very fast paced environment. Things change quickly. If you do not like frequent change (for the better!) than maybe Fremont College is not for you.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the opportunity!

7. Good company with nice working atmosphere.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Fremont College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

people are nice and well educated.

Cons

no annual increase of salary or bonus

8. Positively positive experience at Fremont College

Current Employee - Student Affairs in Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Student Affairs in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at Fremont College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As described by even the negative comments, we do have great people working here and many are happy to come to work, enjoy company outings, and participate in our monthly forums. We make a big difference in our students' lives and the College is very mission-centered.

Cons

I think some people are more emotional than others and the company culture doesn't fit well with those who gossip and be negative.

Jun 16, 2013Director of Human Resources

We greatly appreciate this type of feedback as well as employees like you who bring a positive attitude to the workplace. The reason we are able to make a difference in students’ lives is because we ... More

These positive reviews are an absolute scam (shame on you Fremont)

Former Employee - Faculty
    Former Employee - Faculty

I worked at Fremont College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good to great faculty and some wonderful students that deserve better.

Cons

WHERE DO i START.

As a long-time (and long suffering) former employee (and left on my own accord) I must say that these postive reviews put forth are an absolute scam and sad. This is by far one of the worst working enviornments that I have ever been a part of and its a tragedy the way the staff and the faculty is treated. The students deserve better.

Advice to Management

They never did listen before and why would they now. You are better off working at a concentration camp than working for this company.

May 22, 2013Director of Human Resources

It is obvious you were upset when you left us, but we had no idea how upset you were. I am disappointed that we did not have a chance to address the issues with you so that we could have taken the ... More

Burning Question

I worked at Fremont College

Pros

Again, easy freeway access. Free parking too.

Cons

Burning question... Just who does write all of the positive reviews? I hope they are well compensated for their efforts. And being allowed to maintain their employment doesn't count.

Advice to Management

Be sure to turn off the gas before you leave.

Great working environment and great people

Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Fremont College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of positive energy in the workplace; my coworkers are helpful and have a positive attitude, making Fremont College a pleasant place to work. I appreciate the teamwork and seeing the end product of everyone’s hard work and effort. We work as a team to overcome challenges and achieve goals.

Cons

It would be nice to have more company outings and get-togethers after work. It's a great way to get to know your co-workers.

Apr 17, 2013Director of Human Resources

Thanks for the positive feedback. It’s people like you who bring positive energy to the workplace and make Fremont a great place to work. We realize that getting to know your co-workers is important ... More