Fremont Investment & Loan

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stephen H. Gordon

Best job ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat salary and bonus structure, good management and work atmosphere. Free lunch during end of month.

ConsSometimes conflicts between what inside management wants and what outside account execs want. Puts the employee in the middle.

Interesting Place to work

ProsGreat compensation, not much work to do

ConsSenior Management making lot's of money, but the company is going out of business

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people that know what they are doing

Worst Company in Los Angeles County

Documentation Analyst (Current Employee) Brea, CA

ProsNice building to work in.

ConsManagement was horrible; they went out of business and I lost all of my 401 K funds.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work

Account Executive (Former Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsFremont was a great place to work and the pay was exceptional. Had a good support staff and the team structure was effective. Good benefits and management style allowed people to perform at their best.

ConsThe normal dysfunction of a large publicly traded bank.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify and manage cash before the whole house of cards falls...oh, too late for that...

The retail banking side of the company is NOT the same as the lending side

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Laguna Hills, CA

ProsThis is one of the only companies that truly values employees. They spared no expense when it came to company picnics, employee appreciation days, etc. Benefits were great. The company strongly believed in a work-life balance. Another thing that was great was that the company was really into community service.

ConsThere was not much growth because a lot of the people working in the branches had been with the company and had no desire to leave. Since the company didn't open any new branches there was no way to move up because there were so many people already waiting in line.

Advice to Senior ManagementHopefully the new commercial banking business model doesn't negatively impact the savings and loan model that the company once had. That's what separated it from the others.

**POOR LEADERSHIP**

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company was led by a group of greedy individuals. Management was hired based on who you know and not your abilities. Hence the fall of the company.

ConsAll employees were led to believe this company was safe and secure. We were pushed and proded to do a good job to be led into a "slaughter house" so to speak.

Advice to Senior Managementwe ultimately lost our jobs because CEO/Presidents/Regional Managers were greedy. Then sold off millions of dollars in stocks, which made the value crash, just in timefor us to in turn get screwed again when we tried to cash out our stocks that were once worth retirement amounts.

Worked for Fremont Investment & Loan? Contribute to the Community!