Fremont USD

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fremont USD Superintendent James Morris

James Morris

Great schools, great place to be a teacher.

High School Teacher (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsOut of 59 districts with high schools in the 9-county Bay Area that I surveyed in 2007, FUSD ranked #2 in teacher salaries. For a teacher with my education and years of experience, I was paid $68 K/yr. They invest an awful lot of time and money in teacher development. Their data system, OARS, is fantastic. If compensation equals how much you value educators, then Fremont certainly shows it values teachers.

ConsSome of the site Principals and Vice Principals aren't as bright as the teachers they supervise.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't retaliate against teachers when they stand up to crazy parents. The classroom teacher is the professional and the parent is naturally biased. Otherwise, I would rate FUSD with an "A."

smoke and mirrors

Mobile Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsIf you are related to someone who already works it is easy to get in and you don't have to do much work. Good benefits.

ConsIf you take pride in your work and are dedicated, this is not the place for you. If you have a very brown nose, this is your place. Honesty is not encouraged and will get you in trouble. Just go with the flow and do not think and you will do okay. Low pay compared to outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove teachers from management positions and run it like a business. Don't talk transparency - do it.

Overall, excellent however budget cuts and other changes are eroding what is best about this District.

Teacher (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsAmazing teaching colleagues, solid resources, and generally supportive parents.

ConsThe District eliminated the no-lay off clause, which was the single best reason to teach in this District. Having job security made up for the lack of benefits, onerous non-teaching duties, and large class sizes.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdjust the 40 hour rule and reinstate the no-lay off clause.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Would be better without the unions. No way to clean out poor or non-performing individuals.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsTo make a positive contribution to societies youth and the future.

ConsNot enough weeding out of poor employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house.

Continuous improvement is a core value

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmphasis on high achievement
    Collaborative environment
    Good compensation
    Fiscally sound
    Personalized professional development opportunities
    Job security for teachers

ConsHigh level of diversity presents special challenges
    State imposed budget cuts
    Tensions among street gangs

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to involve all stakeholders in strategic planning

Worked for Fremont USD? Contribute to the Community!