French Lick Resort

Add Photos

Decent Company to work for

Dealer (Current Employee)

I have been working at French Lick Resort full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPay for my job was one of the best in the area and available to people even without degrees.

ConsWorking nights and weekends is a must to make the best money. From my job, there was no incentive to move up the chain, in fact I would've had to make less but work more. Management was cold and not flexible. The casino business there seems to be fading.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees better for their experience and skills and offer better raises when advancing.

Head hostess

Head Hostess (Former Employee)

I worked at French Lick Resort full-time for more than a year

ProsMeeting and working with some of the most awsome people, the enviorment anf history was breathtaking.
My original manager was exellent!

ConsWhen new mngmnt took over, then the aumbience turned to moreles a crime, not any time with the customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSir/madam:please listen to you're floor ppl, their the ones who knows the true value of a very nice place.

Started off good.

Massage Therapist (Former Employee)

I worked at French Lick Resort part-time

Pros20% Employee discount. A Beautiful resort. Room discounts. Helpful staff. They are great at events.

ConsSpa management doesn't care about employees, only about profit. The spa management needs improved..all the way from the managers to the director.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow employees you care about them. Don't allow any group to get a pay cut due to "finances" right after they get a pay raise from the resort because it did so well financially. This happened in the spa to everyone who works iff commission. They had 15% cut. Then the spa remodeled an area into more treatment rooms.

Xanadus

Barista (Former Employee)
West Baden Springs, IN

I worked at French Lick Resort part-time for less than a year

ProsThe independence working in this cafe was great. It's slower during the winter than the summer. It's a beautiful and historic place to work at.

ConsYou never get a pay raise. It's basically minimum wage. You always have to talk fancy instead of being laid back even though this position isn't that prestigious.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more incentives for pay raises.

Worked for French Lick Resort? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at French Lick Resort reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by French Lick Resort employees.