Fresenius Kabi USA

Add Photos

John Ducker

Purchasing Agent/Buyer

Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) Lake Zurich, IL

ProsGreat benefits and health insurance. Personal growth can be had with the right manager.

ConsBe prepared to wear multiple hats, which is surprising for the size of the company. Organizational structure changes constantly. My personal experience was that I was held back by my manager because of my software expertise (SAP MM) which my manager did not have.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an open mind when getting suggestions from lower level employees and be careful of mid level managers keeping highly motiviated and exceptional employees right where they are to make them look better.

Benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits and salaries are in-line with Chicago area market.

Conscommute was too long especially in the evening

It's OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay and nice location

Consno one works together as a team

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This company is managed from overseas

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsThe salaries were higher than average, but there is not work life balance. On an hourly basis, you may wind up being underpaid.

ConsThe overseas management did not understand the US market.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere were several accusations of gender discrimination and personally I believe they were true.

Company on the rise

Accountant (Former Employee) Maricao, PR

ProsGreat work environment, corporate bylaws protect the employees. Fast changing environment and great school for becoming a professional in the industry.

ConsPlant located very far from everything. HQ are in Germany, which make EOM a timing nightmare. People who came from previous owner of the plant (Baxter) still have their mind set in the 80's.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to education than applying pressure on your employees. Stop cooking the numbers to achieve company goals, pay rise and bonus.

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lake Zurich, IL

ProsThe drugs and devices they make r good. The Culture internally is stringent.

ConsHR does not exist, and what is good for some does not apply to all.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime off and work from home should be equal among all. Training should also be available.

RUN!!

ProsCompensation is great
    Casual dress
    Fair amount of work/life balance

ConsEnvironment is toxic and not any true collaboration amongst the groups. Way of working is "caveman like" in comparison with other companies they haven't caught up with latest methodologies. They are quick to change positions on you (roles and responsibilities) which is the case esp. for most contractors who complain about the misrepresentation in job descriptions. Most of the employees walk around with a "chip on their shoulder", not a friendly environment or one in which makes you want to stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on people skills and creating an environment that makes individuals want to stay

I felt we accomplished much success in growing the company...what we did was important and saved lives everyday.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsThe end result of our work. The people at APP - FK were great to work with. Compensation is very good.

ConsThe purge of departments after the acquisition of Fenwal (medical device company). Good move for FK from a business perspective. Too many FK folks were run off and replaced by Fenwal people that did not have the business knowledge in pharmaceuticals. The transition was hasty and not thought through. Excessive negative impacts to Accounts Payable; Finance and Controlling; Supply Chain Management. Work to life balance is now "Live to work, not work to live".

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has had solid footing and continually produced sales and profit gains. The Fenwal/FK integration did not appear to be planned well. Short-sighted and moved too fast resulting in a loss of productive people with much business intelligence.

A new world

Tech (Current Employee) Niagara Falls, NY

ProsGreat benefits, ability to move up, bonuses.

ConsUpper management needs to know how to deal with their people better..."a few" are very disrespectful. For a manager to come up to a table and speak to everyone but you (when you have worked under before) is completely unprofessional and rude. That is some of the managers that they have in this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake people classes.

Worked for Fresenius Kabi USA? Contribute to the Community!