Fresenius Medical Care - North America
www.fmcna.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell

Rice Powell

Pros:
  • "Good benefits, good organization to build a career"
    in 23 reviews
  • "Great Benefits (includes a lot of PTO, 401k with company match)"
    in 17 reviews
Cons:
  • "Example No Diversity seen in upper management staff"
    in 14 reviews
  • "There was no room for advancement"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Employment Review

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

ProsGood exposure to multiple systems

ConsSome poor attitudes and lack of pushing the boundaries

My experience with the company had been great.

Nephrology Social Worker (Former Employee)
Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat professionalism, one of the best training, good fellowship with coworkers. The director is very understanding. Lead SW works very hard and efficient.

ConsI can't really think of any cons related to this job. I left because of my health at the time.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

so far so good, great people, diverse patients, with a company that values family time and a career that feels good.

PCT (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat staff, Great clinical management who cares about you as a person and not as a worker or number and is hands on, great support from patient family members,

Conssome schedule conflicts from time to time

Patient Account Representative

Patient Account Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Benefits, Health plans, Dental, Vision, 401K and Stock

ConsLittle to no cultural diversity in management. Poor leadership, lack of structure and accountability. FMC is 19th century when it comes to the use of modern technology. Example No Diversity seen in upper management staff. Minorities are often passed up for career advancement. Company lacks standard operating procedures and policies for job duties. Poor and inadequate training. Less than adequate use of modern technology. Known for discriminating practices in the work place targeted against minorities.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd some diversity to your upper management team. Find qualified leadership (MBA) to get your company up to speed with todays world. Cultural Diversity sensitivity Workshop/Course mandated for all staff this will benefit your patients as well. Develop SOP,Policies and Procedures to insure quality. Leadership should be held accountable to insure they are hands on in securing success. I worked with FMC in the business office and was amazed at how poorly management operated the company. No structure

Clinical manager is controlling, no room to grow. Mgt will not tell you SW, RD, & RN get 500 a year for CEU's

Professional (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSteady job. Have difficulty letting not so good staff go.

ConsClinical managers have little to no management skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop passing the buck. Management wants power, thinks they have power, yet they have no control.

Works you like crazy

Staff Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

ProsThere are lots of possible OT.

ConsDon't feel the support from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your hard working nurse. Give them a pay raise if they exceed your expectations.

Blah

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America as a contractor for less than a year

ProsNice cafeteria. Huge building, nice to walk around and get some exercise

ConsCommute in, micromanage, HR depts need some organization

Advice to Senior Managementbefore micromanaging, make sure management knows what THEIR doing.

Contractors are not treated well by hiring manager

Documentation Coordinator (Former Employee)
Waltham, MA

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America as a contractor for less than a year

ProsFriendly place to work
Colleagues chipped in for training
Very nice cafeteria; plenty of free parking

ConsContractors are discarded with little regard for effect on employee
Relationship with recruiter Apex Systems is much too cozy; they are in effect, their HR department
Promises that extra skills would be valued and were a reason for hiring were offset by claim that I was overqualified, and thus not a good fit, after only 2 weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementCease the reliance on Apex.
Treat contractors with the same respect as regular employees.

Overall, OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Waltham, MA

ProsMy experience on the FMS side was great. Dealing with patients and being a manager for the company in this sector was great!

ConsA promotion to corporate headquarters for different sector of the company was fraught with managerial turnover (I had 6 in 9 months) and the inability for upper management to see problems clearly-hence their demise via 483's and Warning Letters.

Advice to Senior ManagementOn the FMS side--keep up the good work! (Especially on the Regional level and below)
On the Corporate RTG side--Open your eyes and cut out the cancers.

Management needs to be more proactive in creating growth opportunities for employees

A/R Accounting Assistant (Current Employee)
Westchester, IL

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than a year

ProsGenerous vacation policy (2 days of paid time off per month - all that's required is a 48-hour notice)

ConsSome of the people are uptight and pretentious; also some of the management is too catty/cliquey and so at times outright unprofessional
Little room for growth; no one wants to take time to explain things or train employees properly
Very low retention rate - people move in and out of this company frequently

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like smart, capable people deserving of respect as responsible adults. Also, don't hire managers/supervisors who will abuse their authority by talking down to employees and/or treating them like children. If you can't retain decent employees, your bottom line will plummet in the long run.

Worked for Fresenius Medical Care - North America? Contribute to the Community!

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Videos

Fresenius Medical Care - North America – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​Our Vision​​​​​ ​​Creating a future worth living. For people. Worldwide. Every Day. ​​ Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) is proud that our unwavering commitment to our patients has made us the global… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fresenius Medical Care - North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Rice Powell. All 283 reviews posted anonymously by Fresenius Medical Care - North America employees.