Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
1.6
Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell

Pros
  • Good benefits and decent salary (in 28 reviews)

• Great benefits, great vacation time (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Direction from Upper Management (in 16 reviews)

• The local competition's pay scale is higher and they offer more room for advancement that what is currently being offered at FMC (in 7 reviews)

1. Office Manager

Current Employee - Office Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Pros

Job Security is one of the pros I like the most. I am going on 11+ years and know that if I wanted to retire from FMC, I could. In this economy, that's comforting.

Cons

Job Advancement is one of the cons. If you don't further your education, you don't have much opportunity to advance. It seems like on the job experience should compensate for that, but not at FMC.

Patient Intake Coordinator

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is located in a nice building in the Denver Tech Center...But that's about it.

Cons

The Denver facility is a revolving door. There is a strong lack of career opportunities and management is incompetent for the most part.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't know where to start. Get experience in the job you are managing for a reward good behavior instead of nit picking everyone.

3. I have been treated fairly during my time with the company.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Denver, CO

Pros

Pay is decent, benefits are very good. Have met some good people.

Cons

It's so big that the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing many times. If you can wrap your brain around 50k+ employees, which I can't, you may be just fine. Too many policies, rules, instructions...things get very confusing and frustrating for me.

Advice to Management

Consider holiday time off to not be subtracted from PTO hours...if it were separate it would especially help the newbies who are trying to build up their hours. Perhaps give people a little bit of notice when they get laid off so they can have a proper goodbye, including tying up loose ends. So little trust in this world. OR at least put something nice about them in the next company newsletter, instead of them appearing as chopped liver when they're let go.

Worst management ever

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Denver, CO

Pros

Great benefits, generous PTO, professional building to work in.

Cons

Unqualified management, low employee morale, no growth available, hostile supervisors, very low pay, 1-3% annual raise (IF you get a raise), high employee turn-over, high work load.

Advice to Management

New management with no "ties" to current management. Much higher pay grade Listen to employees and make changes accordingly. Corporate needs to be aware of what "really" goes on in Admissions (management vs employees).

6. Great place for entry level customer service

Current Employee - Patient Intake Coordinator in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Patient Intake Coordinator in Denver, CO

Pros

great people, great company profile, great benefits, tuition reimbursement, flexible work schedules.

Cons

tied to your phones, opportunity for advancement very sparse.

Advice to Management

Be more open to your employees needs as a whole.

RSS Feed </> Embed