Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews in Franklin, TN

Updated July 12, 2014
Updated July 12, 2014
3.1

Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell

Pros
  • Good benefits and good people as long as they are not management (in 26 reviews)

• Great benefits, Development investment, A lot of training oportinuties (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management withholds updates needed to keep up with current company expectations (in 14 reviews)

• The local competition's pay scale is higher and they offer more room for advancement that what is currently being offered at FMC (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Highly professional, results-driven company with

Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Franklin, TN

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My personal supervisors in Franklin were fantastic - understanding, personable, friendly. When I needed time off and gave the appropriate notice, it wasn't a problem. It was expected that we all had lives outside the office, so when we were there, we worked hard, and when we weren't, we didn't stress out over work-related issues. Compensation and health benefits were quite good as well, better than most other employers I've worked for in town.

Cons

Communication was never their strong suit - I'm especially talking about the corporate managers and "higher-ups". Those of us who were being downsized in June 2014 found out the day it was taking place, while the meeting was taking place. So much for breaking it to us gently. Then, we were told to empty our desks, take our severance and leave. "Thanks for your service", indeed. Also, when our company merged with FMC, we were assigned a number, and needed to use that number whenever we had any HR or IT concerns. It really made us feel like they didn't care about us as people, only as numbers.

Do a better job of communicating - both long-term and short-term issues - with your team. Remember that you are dealing with people, not numbers.

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Photos