Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
2.7
Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell

Pros
  • Good benefits and decent salary (in 28 reviews)

• Great benefits, great vacation time (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Direction from Upper Management (in 16 reviews)

• The local competition's pay scale is higher and they offer more room for advancement that what is currently being offered at FMC (in 7 reviews)

1. Not too bad

Current Employee - Bilingual Financial Assistance Coordinator in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Bilingual Financial Assistance Coordinator in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fresenius has good benefits and nice shifts.

Cons

It's all about the money and not about the patients.

Advice to Management

Care more for your patients.

Unethical

Former Employee - Manager in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Manager in Franklin, TN

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is under the umbrella of the larger Fresenius Medical Care, which, on the whole, is an excellent company.

Cons

Chain of command was never followed. Management in other areas would make decisions that would affect your area in a large way but never consult you until it was announced and you discovered your department had been badly impacted. When you brought this to the attention of others, you were considered as not being a team player. Additionally, they are not overly concerned with ethics and compliance.

Advice to Management

Promote a better atmosphere of teamwork between management members. Encourage collaboration rather than dictatorship, and rather than changing things and maneuvering behind other managers' backs.

3. Highly professional, results-driven company with

Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Franklin, TN

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My personal supervisors in Franklin were fantastic - understanding, personable, friendly. When I needed time off and gave the appropriate notice, it wasn't a problem. It was expected that we all had lives outside the office, so when we were there, we worked hard, and when we weren't, we didn't stress out over work-related issues. Compensation and health benefits were quite good as well, better than most other employers I've worked for in town.

Cons

Communication was never their strong suit - I'm especially talking about the corporate managers and "higher-ups". Those of us who were being downsized in June 2014 found out the day it was taking place, while the meeting was taking place. So much for breaking it to us gently. Then, we were told to empty our desks, take our severance and leave. "Thanks for your service", indeed. Also, when our company merged with FMC, we were assigned a number, and needed to use that number whenever we had any HR or IT concerns. It really made us feel like they didn't care about us as people, only as numbers.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of communicating - both long-term and short-term issues - with your team. Remember that you are dealing with people, not numbers.

RSS Feed </> Embed