Fresenius Medical Care - North America

www.fmcna.com
  www.fmcna.com

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews in Huntsville, AL

Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell

Pros
  • Good benefits and good people as long as they are not management (in 28 reviews)

• Great benefits, Development investment, A lot of training oportinuties (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management withholds updates needed to keep up with current company expectations (in 16 reviews)

• The local competition's pay scale is higher and they offer more room for advancement that what is currently being offered at FMC (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Dialysis is Dialysis; the job is what you make it.

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Finally, after an 18 month wait, working the nocturnal dialysis shift I was recruited to! Much better compensation than previous employer, DVA. Work experience and nursing education are acknowledged through tiers of compensation. Excellent technical/support staff. Realistic expectations concerning work and patient care responsibilities.

Cons

Some of the older clinics have antiquated infrastructure (plumbing, mechanical, water systems). Staffing is stretched to the minimums required by law. Expensive healthcare insurance; family health insurance coverage is unreasonably expensive (as in shock, horror, disbelief). Antiquated electronic/computer systems (circa 1998-2000?!?!); however, there is progress being made in this area. Some policies and procedures (use of certain medical supplies also) are very outdated.

Replace and upgrade infrastructure in the aging clinics ASAP, seriously, before they literally fall apart, I'm not exaggerating. Continue the progress with the electronic/computer systems. Thouroughly examine policies and procedures to modernize and to recover some ground lost to your competitors.

I worked as a dialysis nurse.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and pretty decent pay.

Cons

Management is rude to employees, especially those who are not of their ethnicity. Non-white problem employees are treated differently by management than their white counterparts. A white employee may receive counseling for an offense whereas a non-white employee would be fired. I was not fired, but have had management lie to me about job hours and get angry and disrespectful when asked about them. I had to resign my position.

Get some diversity in management.

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Photos