Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews

Updated September 8, 2014
Updated September 8, 2014
3.1

Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell

Pros
  • Good benefits and good people as long as they are not management (in 24 reviews)

• Great benefits, Development investment, A lot of training oportinuties (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management withholds updates needed to keep up with current company expectations (in 14 reviews)

• The local competition's pay scale is higher and they offer more room for advancement that what is currently being offered at FMC (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

The ability for promotions due to experience and time with the company.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Compenstion, benefits, opportunity for promotions, as admin. asst. had a flexible schedule and the ability to work remote.

Cons

company doesn't do enough training to new staff. need to cover position on floor to get an emergency day off.

visit the clinics to see who does all the work (revenue) for the company.

Great Company

Current Employee - Certified Hemodialysis Technician  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Certified Hemodialysis Technician in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dialysis is all what you make it. All companies have their ups and downs. I just find that FMCNA has more ups and in my own opinion treats staff just a bit better. Patients in my clinic get well qualified care, not the assembly line that you find at so many clinics who hire minimally skilled staff at best.

Cons

Long Hours, lack of support from charge nurses during turn over when under staffed.

Better compensation to those with years of experience in non nursing titles, i.e, PCT's.....They carry you and make or break your numbers!

extensive training

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

11 weeks of training is very thorough, great tuition reimbursement program

Cons

I am not sure at this point

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company with strong business model that is constantly modifying in order to remain successful no matter the econmony.

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexibility, Benefits, Opportunites depending on who is hiring. Great PTO, lots of overtime. Far more education than other dialysis companies. Depending on your location it is easy to transfer.

Cons

Company pushes profits before employees, removes important programs like profit sharing to create programs that are less likely to be used by employees in order to save more money for the company. Holds 3% employee match until last day of year...if you aren't employee on 12/31 you aren't matched.

Examine that each employee has a different path to success; the career path that the hiring manager used is not always the only way to advance and help the company. Ensure that the internal review board makes decisions based on facts and does not simply make harmful choices against long term employees just because they have power to do so.

Fresenius Medical

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician  in  Evans, GA
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Evans, GA

Pros

Everyone is friendly and has offered help if needed. I love that they offer tuition reimbursment and discounted gym membership. There are a lot of good perks.

Cons

My only issue is the hiring process. Its has taken so long to get the proper paper work to complete the hiring process as far as drug screen and background check. I am close to my training start date and may not be able to start because after 8 business days my background check is still pending (HR stated it takes 3-5 business days.)

Revamp the hiring process so that employees are able to start training in a timely manner.

Great company

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very fair and by the book

Cons

Growing pains from them acquiring us

Stable Company

Current Employee - Warehouse  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Walnut Creek, CA

Pros

Great Company with good medical benefits and decent wages.

Cons

One of the supervisors in the warehouse department may not have been the best choice.

Ensure Fair treatment of employees by management.

STILL ONE OF THE BEST HEALTH CARE COMPANIES TO WORK FOR,

Current Employee - Ccht  in  Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Ccht in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

as a dedicated CCHT>( with a BS and a COTA ( cert occupation therapist assistant degree) i always look to ensure i am up to date with all this company has to offer to protect my position. I am the "jack of all trades" man, and can do and learn most anything with our company.from computers to plumbing to machine PM AND DONE SO. YOU have to in this job market, as most will see, there are very FEW CCHT positions, because it is an excellent position and no one wants to leave. So to prevent burnout and complacency, you must keep mentaly busy.
    PTO, JOB safety ( dont screw up, and your job is virtually safe till retirement). satelite opportunities to ensure 40 hour weeks and OT if needed, usually at employee choice. Benefits, very fair, THE BEST training in the industry as shown by our competitors offering Fresenius RN and CCHT's huge hourly increases starting at 5.00$ and up based on experience! Lots of assistance, offered although i never see it. patient care is unmatched BY MY COMPARISON TO OTHER dialysis companies. GREAT to work here if you are raising a family as FRESENIUS works with you as much and realistic as a company can. i have 3 children to prove it. RESPECT from most all other diciplines i work around in the acute setting

Cons

no advancement unless you favor up with someone. Once ( in) no one just "gives up" their position unless they have a better one. CM and up positions usually open when previous CM and upper get caught, or really just screw up. FAVORITISM is obvious. Pay scale NOT realistic, area adjustments although fair for what i do. NOT up to competitors. NO APPRECIATION or financial incentive to do more than your share, i do because its my WORK ETHIC, but i do not expect anyone else to be like me. RNs are favored fresh out of school more than CCHTs, so be prepared to defend yourself against the newbies who want to "reinvent the dialyzer". TO many RNs with EGOS,, CCHTs with 20 years have grown with the company, so dont tell them what the company wants or how to care for a patient ,,until youve asked them first. this Company is very forgiving
    Patient care can be in jeopardy do to poor staffing, and poorly trained Rns. PCTs at a basic level of education tend to have a better work ethic, understanding and attitude after training i believe than Rns.
    Just because you need staffing in the building to comply with state code. You cant force your CCHTs to cover for new RNs for Patient safetly. we want our jobs, and know how BAD these RNs and managers can make it for us.
    one last thing, Racial inequality, Keep the hiring practice Blind to some degree. You have lost alot of 4.0 Graduates just because they are BLACK /hispanic or Have an accent. I now meet with these same people every weekend and compare and share companies stories and can tell you they are geniouses in the field. Just with the wrong company.

STILL i believe this to be the BEST company to work for and truly a LEADER. in PATIENT SAFETY AND CARE. BUT to truly offer employee incentives to keep the best employees faithful and give 160% in work effort , and counter work burnout, Give where you truly can. We understand that we have to work in unsafe conditions when needed, so we work HARDER. but work with us. COME ON OUT TO THE FLOOR.
    recognize ALL RNs and PCTs for achievments that help the company, from patient education to STAFF education.
    EGOS ASSIDE, PCTs have alot to share AND CONTRIBUTE with RNs and management and the education team with all areas of this company You dont have to do anything but at least listen.
      Promote employee intereaction with each other, ie, monthly lunches, xmas party with the administrator present for an hour, bonuses for 0 late, 0 non sched. pto etc etc (yes its childish but were all children at heart). and when we talk, LISTEN first before you turn your back. that way we can feel that our contributions may sometime in someones lifetime, be of value. and finally
     seperate managment from non, Dont offer a Scholarship and say its fair and for everyone, when you see CMs and above getting all the money. Under paid RNs and CCHTs need help too. give the profit sharing to upper management (the rate you gave us) and the scholorships to us. Makes it look like a scam for upper management to make bigger bonuses.
     AGAIN i stand with this company and believe it can be alot more, just bring everyone closer as a group with strength and magnitude, with cohesive values incentives to promote a healthy working atmosphere, that in itself makes a great patient centered quality of care working environment. You would have to offer early retirement to get rid of some of us.Keep the hiring based on need and skill ,,not on race.
    If i described myself, many many employees and managers and educators i have worked with would know who wrote this. I am laughed at, laughed with, i talk alot, and do my best to take away even a little of the pain our patients AND STAFF are experiencing, and try to let them forget they are ill for just a moment, and remind them that its a fun job, with purpose and to practice with pride.
    No im not going ANYWHERE. YES now that my kids are grown i am in a RNs program to further myself where i can in the company.

Very Positive

Current Employee - Pct
    Current Employee - Pct

Pros

Both on-the-job training and in-the-classroom training paid.
    Benefits, benefits, benefits!
    Tuition Reimbursement Program
    Satellite locations for OT eligibility

Cons

Early mornings (04:15)
    Possibility of the job becoming overtly "Routine" and repetitious.
    Specific facility that you work at has an effect on your overall experience: there are both good and bad clinics.

Very German!

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have pretty much tied up the supply side of the market (they make the dialysis machines and the dialyzers), but the service side of their business is about the same size as DaVita. They are very diversified. Dialysis services are probably far less than half of their overall business.

Cons

The clinics have NO business manager or administrator. They are too cheap for that. The manager is a nurse and the responsibility for the clinical side of things AND the business side falls upon that poor soul. This is just one example of how Fresenius loves to squeeeze their employees. So mismangement is rampant needless to say.

I don't think they care, so what's the point! Just do a Youtube search for "Fresenius CEO" and "Davita CEO" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Worked for Fresenius Medical Care - North America? Contribute to the Community!