Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews

Updated March 28, 2015
417 reviews filtered by
2.9
Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell

Pros
  • Good benefits and good people as long as they are not management (in 28 reviews)

• Great benefits, Development investment, A lot of training oportinuties (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management withholds updates needed to keep up with current company expectations (in 16 reviews)

• The local competition's pay scale is higher and they offer more room for advancement that what is currently being offered at FMC (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

I enjoyed professional and personal growth while working at Fresenius Medical Care.

Current Employee - Technical Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was proud to be a part of a company that works to improve the lives of patients every treatment. I worked for them almost 20 years and was promoted a handful of times during that period. The employee benefits are amazing, especially the paid time off!

Cons

As with any healthcare position, there is a lot of stress in dialysis services. When there is employee turnover, there is increased burden on everyone else in the department and frequently, staff became burned out.

I believe that when upper management considers adding to task lists, that it should be also considered that something either be removed or future plans to add staff to accommodate the changes.

Amazing

Current Employee - Dialysis Tech in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Dialysis Tech in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I do it for the patients

Cons

Always short staff and there's no team work

They need a better system put in place for the patients and staff and I do not think that 1st and 2nd shift should put on 3rd shift patients because we are not getting paid there salary

3. Ask questions, know what you are getting into.

Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Augusta, GA
    Current Contractor - Registered Nurse in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of my co workers had many years of experience and were very knowledge about dialysis.

Cons

In my 3 years with the company my department was never fully staffed with adequate nurses.

This company does not care about you as a person, all they want is a RN in the building. I have worked for them almost 3 years. They don't do evaluations yearly nor do they give cost of living raises. In all my years of service I only received 1 raise of $0.50.

5. An emotional Rollercoaster

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

My learning experience was impeccable. It enhanced the skills I already had as a phlebotomist. My trainer was awesome.

Cons

Always short staffed, unprofessional management team, lack of assistance from upper management

When hiring mgmt staff please make sure they are qualified and not just a body. It makes a difference if they have a nice personality because they interact with the public and the last things patients need is person who makes them feel less than who they are. Saying "good morning" matters.

6. Working for Fresenius has been a pleasant experience. I enjoy my work and the people that I work with on a daily basis.

Current Employee - Acute Care Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Acute Care Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

I like the friendly staff at Fresenius, the managers are easy to talk to, pay is good, benefits are good,

Cons

There are really no cons when it comes to Fresenius. The office culture, pay, perks are all good.

7. Healthcare setting, dialysis industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

International company, job security, time off policies, benefits,

Cons

hard and stressful work, noncompetitive compensation

Perform a market analysis and seriously consider retention bonuses

8. Long run

Pros

Lots of work to do, never slow

Cons

Management plays favorites, managers are not well trained

Treat all employees fairly, stop socializing.

9. great company to work for.

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

benefits and the paid time off

Cons

high turnover rate and burn out

consider the thoughts and opinions of those individuals who work in the clinics.

10. I have had the opportunity to work with many talented and goal orientated people at Fresenius

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for learning new things, pulse on the industry, they promote learning and networking outside of Fresenius.

Cons

While the PTO seems great, you have to use it for sick, vacation and holidays. The benefits at my prior companies were far better. At my level, no bonus or stock options.

Fresenius needs more competitive salaries, bonuses, and stock options.

11. Repair and Maintain Dialysis Machines. Responsible for inventory and compliance.

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

loose schedule, good vacation, 401k match. Employees are able to somewhat make their own schedule according to what needs to be done.

Cons

training, communication, pay, lack of time to perform all of the duties required. Very poor training on new roll outs.

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Photos