Fresenius Medical Care - North America

www.fmcna.com

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews

Updated December 13, 2014
Updated December 13, 2014

Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell

Pros
  • Good benefits and good people as long as they are not management (in 28 reviews)

• Great benefits, Development investment, A lot of training oportinuties (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management withholds updates needed to keep up with current company expectations (in 16 reviews)

• The local competition's pay scale is higher and they offer more room for advancement that what is currently being offered at FMC (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

I'm satisfied

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

The patients that you work with and take care of on a daily basis is very rewarding. You are making their quality of life better by providing them their life saving treatment. Job security is always present in the medical field BC there is always someone how needs some form of medical treatment.

Cons

Issues with some staff who are difficult to work with. Especially when you have a clinical manager who doesn't do anything BC they are afraid of the staff member as well. Sometimes the clinic acts like high schoolers in the petty things they do to make you have a bad day or in the way they treat you. Raises are annually but don't count on much of a raise. Sometimes it can be only 4 cents.

For the staff that work their butts off and showup everyday and volunteer to help more if needed show them that you appreciate it. Sometimes it feels like its not noticed or appreciated especially for some staff who have never called in sick or anything in the 3 years they have been with the company.

Patient care tech

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

Nice benefits, nice employees, good location, and happy patients the interview was fairly easy. Wonderful company values.

Cons

Hiring manager was very late for the interview

None

Awesome training

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy the patients, and my co workers.

Cons

Some of my co workers have a really negative attitude about their jobs.

Family Oriented and has solid culture and values. Puts emphasis on work life balance to encourage you to take time

Former Employee - Biomedical Technician in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Biomedical Technician in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance.
    Depending on manager, there is a clear path to advancement even though it can take a while. The benefits are great also.

Cons

Depending on supervisor it can be hard to advance and take career to next level ;, and there is a lot of micro management, the pay is not competitive

Not so much micro management. Training is good, Keep up the good work, one of the best for a large company, for personal growth, provide more opportunities and a clear path to achieveing this.

one year and so far.....,

Current Employee - Pct in Mansfield, OH
    Current Employee - Pct in Mansfield, OH

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get plenty of hours with this company the benifits are great and My clinical manager goes up and beyond for her staff the nurses are amazing and very helpful 90 percent of the time the atmosphere is fun and we joke and tease each other fun heartedly and maintain professionality most of the patients are so greatful as well

Cons

Some Co workers and be selfish and only look out for themselves especially when it comes to going home with the first in first out and who works the next day issues if you work there then you know what I'm talking about but I guess that is a Co worker issue

Having the schedule done in a timely. Manner and not a couple of days before would be greatly appreciated and clear up a lot of scheduling. Conflicts that could be avoided rotating who closes more would be nice as well

Good.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

Flexible hours, opportunity for psychosocial impact.

Cons

Many demands made of social worker by other members of IDT.

None.

Not the worst

Former Employee - Administrative Secretary in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Administrative Secretary in Lansing, MI

Pros

Great co-workers, ok benefits, flexible schedule

Cons

HR was difficult to deal with, boring, low pay

Very fast paced workplace.

Former Employee - Pct in Vero Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Pct in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Schedule, teamwork, promotions, great training, the staff is polite and helpful. vacation time with family. RN tuition, all Sundays off.

Cons

Long work hours, long amount of standing, bended your back often, being around chemicals, sometimes patients can be mean.

Rotate weekends with Pct

yearly salary review

Former Employee - Renal Dietitian in Inglewood, CA
    Former Employee - Renal Dietitian in Inglewood, CA

Pros

benefits, flexible hours aid dietitian in meeting with patients who dialyse early AM and late PM.

Cons

too many corporate projects assigned that are mgt. duties

keep projects within management instead of delegating to dietitians; projects always involve numbers and statistics and not nutrition.

Look at the Stock Price go!

Current Employee - Financial Coordinator in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Financial Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Work-life balance is certainly the biggest positive. I don't believe I have received an email from a co-worker after 6PM, and never on weekends. In today's working life, that's hard to find. I also went to a 3 day training session which discussed many of the aspects of the job, though not all.

Cons

There are many negatives. First, there is no clear way to move up in the company. I do not believe they want to promote from within. I also do not believe in the vision or that it applies to daily working life. It seems like the stock price is the determining factor, though very few positions get bonuses (i.e. maybe corporate positions do, not sure). There are no promotions or possibilities of promotion.

Have a fair, open and honest compensation model. Have clearly defined path the employees can take to get to the next position. Provide the necessary tools for people to complete the tasks they are asked to complete. Provide better incentives to work harder or longer.

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Photos