Fresenius Medical Care - North America

www.fmcna.com

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews

Updated November 26, 2014
Updated November 26, 2014

Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell

Pros
  • Good benefits and good people as long as they are not management (in 28 reviews)

• Great benefits, Development investment, A lot of training oportinuties (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management withholds updates needed to keep up with current company expectations (in 16 reviews)

• The local competition's pay scale is higher and they offer more room for advancement that what is currently being offered at FMC (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome training

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy the patients, and my co workers.

Cons

Some of my co workers have a really negative attitude about their jobs.

Good.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

Flexible hours, opportunity for psychosocial impact.

Cons

Many demands made of social worker by other members of IDT.

None.

one year and so far.....,

Current Employee - Pct in Mansfield, OH
    Current Employee - Pct in Mansfield, OH

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get plenty of hours with this company the benifits are great and My clinical manager goes up and beyond for her staff the nurses are amazing and very helpful 90 percent of the time the atmosphere is fun and we joke and tease each other fun heartedly and maintain professionality most of the patients are so greatful as well

Cons

Some Co workers and be selfish and only look out for themselves especially when it comes to going home with the first in first out and who works the next day issues if you work there then you know what I'm talking about but I guess that is a Co worker issue

Having the schedule done in a timely. Manner and not a couple of days before would be greatly appreciated and clear up a lot of scheduling. Conflicts that could be avoided rotating who closes more would be nice as well

I enjoyed professional and personal growth while working at Fresenius Medical Care.

Current Employee - Technical Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was proud to be a part of a company that works to improve the lives of patients every treatment. I worked for them almost 20 years and was promoted a handful of times during that period. The employee benefits are amazing, especially the paid time off!

Cons

As with any healthcare position, there is a lot of stress in dialysis services. When there is employee turnover, there is increased burden on everyone else in the department and frequently, staff became burned out.

I believe that when upper management considers adding to task lists, that it should be also considered that something either be removed or future plans to add staff to accommodate the changes.

yearly salary review

Former Employee - Renal Dietitian in Inglewood, CA
    Former Employee - Renal Dietitian in Inglewood, CA

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

benefits, flexible hours aid dietitian in meeting with patients who dialyse early AM and late PM.

Cons

too many corporate projects assigned that are mgt. duties

keep projects within management instead of delegating to dietitians; projects always involve numbers and statistics and not nutrition.

Look at the Stock Price go!

Current Employee - Financial Coordinator in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Financial Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Work-life balance is certainly the biggest positive. I don't believe I have received an email from a co-worker after 6PM, and never on weekends. In today's working life, that's hard to find. I also went to a 3 day training session which discussed many of the aspects of the job, though not all.

Cons

There are many negatives. First, there is no clear way to move up in the company. I do not believe they want to promote from within. I also do not believe in the vision or that it applies to daily working life. It seems like the stock price is the determining factor, though very few positions get bonuses (i.e. maybe corporate positions do, not sure). There are no promotions or possibilities of promotion.

Have a fair, open and honest compensation model. Have clearly defined path the employees can take to get to the next position. Provide the necessary tools for people to complete the tasks they are asked to complete. Provide better incentives to work harder or longer.

So-so. Nothing fantastic

Current Employee - Nephrology Social Worker in Corinth, TX
    Current Employee - Nephrology Social Worker in Corinth, TX

Pros

Decent training and flexible schedules

Cons

Pretty disorganized overall. Waste lot of money on some things and then sedn people home early to save money and the rest of the staff is overworked, etc.
    Salaries lower than other dialysis companies in the area.
    Management incompetence/ignorance.

Care more about the PATIENTS. Take care of the staff better and this will be better for the patients.

Bad culture, near-sighted company strategy

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Pros

Nice cafeteria, nice and inexpensive gym

Cons

Only focus on short term, do not give enough training

Great way to get your foot in the door in a healthcare position.

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Milford, MA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Milford, MA

Pros

great job to get experience, good benefits

Cons

hard job to get patients in clinic, weighed, vitals taken, report any changes to RN, cannulated, and get patients on dialysis machines safetly, within 15 minutes. Each PCT gets 3 patients per round to get on a dialysis machine and each patient only has a 15 min window from their appointment time to the next patients appointment time.

Figure out a better way to schedule patients

Very fast paced workplace.

Former Employee - Pct in Vero Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Pct in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Schedule, teamwork, promotions, great training, the staff is polite and helpful. vacation time with family. RN tuition, all Sundays off.

Cons

Long work hours, long amount of standing, bended your back often, being around chemicals, sometimes patients can be mean.

Rotate weekends with Pct