Fresenius Medical Care - North America
www.fmcna.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell

Rice Powell

Pros:
  • "Good benefits, good organization to build a career"
    in 23 reviews
  • "Great Benefits (includes a lot of PTO, 401k with company match)"
    in 17 reviews
Cons:
  • "Example No Diversity seen in upper management staff"
    in 14 reviews
  • "There was no room for advancement"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company to work for!

Student Intern (Former Employee)
Waltham, MA

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America as an intern for less than a year

ProsComfortable work environment, very friendly employees, beautiful work location. Overall it was a great experience and I would definitely return if given the opportunity!

ConsIt would be very advantageous to invest in a car if you decide to work here. FMC has a shuttle to and from the T but it is time consuming.

Good Intentions, Bad Follow Through

Biomedical Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe appearance of investing in their employees. UltraCare certification sounds professional.

ConsUltraCare is more of a move to fill requirements by the FDA and the Health Department. There really isn't any support for moving up. If you want to move up within the company, you generally have to leave the company to a competitor. Then, come back to make more money.

FMC

Dialysis RN (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America for more than 3 years

ProsA lot of autonomy, good hours, no call, fair pay. Health benefits are above average for this area. Time off is also reasonable, and it normally is only a 3 day work week.

ConsManagement that doesnt know or understand what is going on with the patients / or technicians. The local competition's pay scale is higher and they offer more room for advancement that what is currently being offered at FMC.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to nursing staff regarding patient and staffing concerns. Revisit your pay scale. Make advancement easier (and better paying).

Where is this company heading between 2015 - 2020?

Manager (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 8 years

ProsStable dialysis industry, you can settle into a routine at this company, layoffs don't happen often, it seems similar to working at a state government job

ConsNo information from senior management, Goals are set - Goals are missed - No big deal, Unclear future direction

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus a lot on delivering the best service to the patients; focus not as much on trying to get to retirement

Focus is only on bottom line.

Professional Pt Care Staff (Current Employee)
North Miami, FL

ProsHard working pt care staff. Good quality control. Documentation gets done. Staff is pretty good for most part.

ConsFew professional managers. Little thought to competency in hiring but rather just hire for a body.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your staff and be truthful. No need to deceive workers. Some managers, their first response to suggestions is negative because they are too afraid to "rock the boat" for fear of losing their livelihood.

Great customer service

Charge RN (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFantastic coworkers and patients. A great team environment where everyone participates and provides excellent patient care

ConsLarge company makes communication with upper level management difficult.

Mid-Level Management at FMCNA

Collections Supervisor (Current Employee)
Louisville, KY

ProsBenefits, including tuition reimbursement, exposure to multiple aspects of revenue cycle

ConsSalary, micro-management, focus on operations

Company Culture is Impeccable.

Financial Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits, Pay, Internal promotions, company looks out for it's employees in some aspects. The company does it's best to let you know that they value your contribution.

ConsTraining=Over load you with tasks and under prepare you! Work-life balance was imaginary. They give you a good amount of PTO but your work load is often too heavy to take advantage of it. Company holds you accountable for lost profits and non-compliant patients.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees more

Company should reenforce it's stated values

Medicare Biller/Collections (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPay, benefits and hours. Worked here for many years and was never more goal oriented or satisfied. Office unified, dedicated, hard working and successful.

ConsUpper management withholds updates needed to keep up with current company expectations. Difficult to work with Managed Care sector regarding contracts, updates and credentialing. Hard to get urgently needed documents returned or approved.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive consideration to weighing what is a valuable and productive asset vs. what is monetarily cheaper. Company values reinforce that every team member is valuable but does very little to substantiate that by eliminating successful parts of the organization. Value and nurture the offices that are collecting your money and the facilities that are doing your services. If it doesn't come down to the little people that make this machine move then you need to step closer and look closer at the big picture and take notice.

Relaxed Environment

Waltham, MA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

ProsAs long as you get your work done accurately and timely, they allow you to be pretty independent. Decent benefits and PTO.

ConsNot great pay, getting set up as a new hire is a pretty long process.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to give good employees some more responsibilities, currently not much incentive to excel.

Worked for Fresenius Medical Care - North America? Contribute to the Community!

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Videos

Fresenius Medical Care - North America – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​Our Vision​​​​​ ​​Creating a future worth living. For people. Worldwide. Every Day. ​​ Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) is proud that our unwavering commitment to our patients has made us the global… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fresenius Medical Care - North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Rice Powell. All 283 reviews posted anonymously by Fresenius Medical Care - North America employees.