Fresenius Medical Care - North America

www.fmcna.com

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews

Updated December 13, 2014
Updated December 13, 2014

Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell

Pros
  • Good benefits and good people as long as they are not management (in 28 reviews)

• Great benefits, Development investment, A lot of training oportinuties (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management withholds updates needed to keep up with current company expectations (in 16 reviews)

• The local competition's pay scale is higher and they offer more room for advancement that what is currently being offered at FMC (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Look at the Stock Price go!

Current Employee - Financial Coordinator in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Financial Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work-life balance is certainly the biggest positive. I don't believe I have received an email from a co-worker after 6PM, and never on weekends. In today's working life, that's hard to find. I also went to a 3 day training session which discussed many of the aspects of the job, though not all.

Cons

There are many negatives. First, there is no clear way to move up in the company. I do not believe they want to promote from within. I also do not believe in the vision or that it applies to daily working life. It seems like the stock price is the determining factor, though very few positions get bonuses (i.e. maybe corporate positions do, not sure). There are no promotions or possibilities of promotion.

Have a fair, open and honest compensation model. Have clearly defined path the employees can take to get to the next position. Provide the necessary tools for people to complete the tasks they are asked to complete. Provide better incentives to work harder or longer.

Bad culture, near-sighted company strategy

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Pros

Nice cafeteria, nice and inexpensive gym

Cons

Only focus on short term, do not give enough training

Great way to get your foot in the door in a healthcare position.

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Milford, MA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Milford, MA

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great job to get experience, good benefits

Cons

hard job to get patients in clinic, weighed, vitals taken, report any changes to RN, cannulated, and get patients on dialysis machines safetly, within 15 minutes. Each PCT gets 3 patients per round to get on a dialysis machine and each patient only has a 15 min window from their appointment time to the next patients appointment time.

Figure out a better way to schedule patients

I enjoyed professional and personal growth while working at Fresenius Medical Care.

Current Employee - Technical Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was proud to be a part of a company that works to improve the lives of patients every treatment. I worked for them almost 20 years and was promoted a handful of times during that period. The employee benefits are amazing, especially the paid time off!

Cons

As with any healthcare position, there is a lot of stress in dialysis services. When there is employee turnover, there is increased burden on everyone else in the department and frequently, staff became burned out.

I believe that when upper management considers adding to task lists, that it should be also considered that something either be removed or future plans to add staff to accommodate the changes.

Unethical

Former Employee - Manager in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Manager in Franklin, TN

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is under the umbrella of the larger Fresenius Medical Care, which, on the whole, is an excellent company.

Cons

Chain of command was never followed. Management in other areas would make decisions that would affect your area in a large way but never consult you until it was announced and you discovered your department had been badly impacted. When you brought this to the attention of others, you were considered as not being a team player. Additionally, they are not overly concerned with ethics and compliance.

Promote a better atmosphere of teamwork between management members. Encourage collaboration rather than dictatorship, and rather than changing things and maneuvering behind other managers' backs.

Oppressive

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in New York, NY

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

I can't think of any, to be truthful.

Cons

Fresenius is the McDonald's of dialysis. Training consists of numerous corporate made videos, including one expressing the evils of labor unions. Leadership is nonexistent, and there is a constant turnover of healthcare staff.

Value the people who come to this place for care more than the profit that they generate.

It is all about the NUMBERS/Money to them.

Pros

The group I work with is really nice and awesome until management changed.

Cons

Upper management only cares about the bottom line, saving costs, and the numbers. They don't seem to value patient care or employee morale anymore. The more our division try to save cost for them, the more they spend on unnecessary crap.

Provide better benefits, at least with vacation and holiday pays, and better pay. It is more than just the bottom line. Yes, every company needs the money and profit, but if you provide exceptional patient care, you will see it in the numbers. Additionally, treat your staff as an equal partner and show them you care; don't just work them to death and continually take away benefits or payments just because of budget cuts. You can't expect to have them drive all over California and not pay them for it.

Fresenius is a company which only cares about the bottom line, not a very "human" company

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Job security- stable company. PTO good. Pay is good. Team work is both pro and con- if good team great, if poor team you are in trouble. Great opportunity for PCTs - you can be hired right off the street without any prior medical training and then give RNs an attitude !

Cons

Career path is limited. Management only cares about numbers. Can be overwhelming work load. Education is out of date and not geared properly toward the various positions. Too many managers, company has recently tried to "slim down" but has created even more obstacles.

Concentrate on the great employees that you have with you now. Promote and hire from within. Pay attention to your teams on the ground. Say thank you once in awhile. Show some appreciation for the hard work, most employees are very happy to get through the day. My goal every day is to make sure nobody dies!! Company goals are gauged by quarterly earnings. There is a lot missing in-between.

Dont

Current Employee - Accounting in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

No weekends. Thats about it.

Cons

Lack of clear company vision, low pay, cocky attitudes from managers

Foster a more open relationship with employees,

PAR Patient Account Representative

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

Apart from PaidbTime Off there is nothing else to look forward to.

Cons

Very unstructured. Everyone makes their own rule. No ca
    Direction from Upper Management