Fresenius Medical Care - North America

www.fmcna.com

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews

Updated December 20, 2014
Updated December 20, 2014

Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell

Pros
  • Good benefits and good people as long as they are not management (in 28 reviews)

• Great benefits, Development investment, A lot of training oportinuties (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management withholds updates needed to keep up with current company expectations (in 16 reviews)

• The local competition's pay scale is higher and they offer more room for advancement that what is currently being offered at FMC (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

PAR Patient Account Representative

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

Apart from PaidbTime Off there is nothing else to look forward to.

Cons

Very unstructured. Everyone makes their own rule. No ca
    Direction from Upper Management

Good so far...

Current Employee - Dialysis RN in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Dialysis RN in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are great, truly work together as a team. Sounds hokey but it's actually the truth! The training is very thorough.

Cons

Getting up at 4 am to start so early (but on the positive side you leave early too!)

Good Company

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

Good Money. Overtime available! Work in other clinics! Evening differential money ! They just adjusted the starting salary !

Cons

Prepare to work extra long hours!

Hire more PCT!

"Growing and open to try new ideas"

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is company that has a lot of potential for growth. Casual office environment.

Cons

They could train employees better and more collectively. Instead of picking and choosing who to train first, it should be so that everyone feels like they are working as a team and not picking up after others.

Worst company ever, I would never work for them again

Former Employee - MSW in New York, NY
    Former Employee - MSW in New York, NY

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

compensation is "ok", and they do give annual increases

Cons

They will not hire you in another city if you move. Don't even bother putting in for a transfer. When you move, you will get completely ignored even though you were a former employee in good standing with the company. The company would rather hire an anonymous idiot from outside the company rather than an internal hire that know what they are doing. Don't expect to get proper training at this company. Nobody there knows what they are doing and people just "guess" or make it up as they go along. There is no formal training program for the Social Workers and you will get passed around to many different people who largely do not know what they are doing. Also the company will expect you to do more work and not get any pay increases. Disloyal company, I would never for work them again. They do not treat employees with respect or dignity. The CEO has no clue what goes on in his clinics and better yet doesn't care.

Management should consider that if they expect you to do additional work, they should compensate you.
    There is never room to be promoted, there is no upward growth.

Great company, terrible Office Manager

Former Employee - Medical Biller in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Medical Biller in Ocala, FL

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay was great, the other employees were awesome. It was like a family there. The work was tedious, but stayed busy, which I love.

Cons

When I was hired, the Office Manager was on Maternity Leave, so they had a temp working there. When she got back from Maternity Leave 4 months later, she let go anyone that she personally didn't hire. I feel it was just a "control" thing.

The hiring process and company has changed since I worked there, so I don't think the same thing that happened to me will happen again. With that being said, I don't really have any advice.

BAD dialysis clinics they treat people like cattle being heerded in and out ,never any personalization with pts.

Former Employee - Ccht Tech in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Ccht Tech in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the patients are very well informed about dialysis and are able to monitor their own treatment

Cons

clinics that are open 6 days a week these need to be scheduled better a tues thur and sat crew of techs , then a mon wed fri, crew of techs, and the pay is really bad for the amount of responsibility on a tech they are responsible for everything going on in the clinic , water , pt care , machines , pay your people, that is ridiculous to pay a nurse 20 or 30 dollars an hour and have them set at a desk while others are paid nothing and do all the work, and management wonders why they are going under,

training must be addressed in Kentucky, its sadly disappointing, and please start hiring people with a medical background , not gas station attendants, and not young girls with a thong hanging out in front of pts PLEASE

Where dreams go to die....

Former Employee - GL Accountant
    Former Employee - GL Accountant

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Unlimited Over-time. Free food for birthdays and celebrations.

Cons

This place is a revolving door of temporary employees. If you have a pulse, you're hired. You can be overqualified with a PhD but you'll be hired at the lowest position. The managers are power hungry ego-maniacs who will push you to work 50 hours each week plus the weekend. I felt like I was pushed into forced overtime each Saturday when I had just worked a 50 hour work week. I signed up for a 40 hour work week but I was considered odd when I left after 8 hours each day.

Training should be mandatory for ALL management staff.

Steer clear of this iceberg.

Current Employee - Unix Administrative in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Unix Administrative in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A paycheck. Some new technology but generally a Microsoft mentality.

Cons

Micro-mangement
    Poor infrastructure
    Sweat-shop workload
    Management incompetent with technology.
    poor benefits
    poor pay

Quit the nickel and dime routine and try listening to the advice of your experts. Require all employee's to speak understandable English. Get HR out of the hiring role and make them bring the pay-scale and benefits up to a competitive level. Don't put junior manager's in charge that don't understand the environment and technology.

Low Pay, lots of duties and too much documentation.

Current Employee - Certified Hemodialysis Technician in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Certified Hemodialysis Technician in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Patient care is exceptional. Thats pretty much it, nothing more.

Cons

Low salary for technicians and nurses. The moral is low here. No bonuses. Technicians do everything.

Bonuses, bonuses, bonuses maybe like our competitor DaVita.

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Photos