Fresenius Medical Care - North America

www.fmcna.com

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell

Rice Powell

Pros
  • Good benefits and good people as long as they are not management (in 24 reviews)

• Great benefits, Development investment, A lot of training oportinuties (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management withholds updates needed to keep up with current company expectations (in 14 reviews)

• The local competition's pay scale is higher and they offer more room for advancement that what is currently being offered at FMC (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Dietitian

ProsNo comments- Sorry short on time

ConsOver worked, under paid, unfair employee hour distribution. Favoritism, and little to no advancement on the RD track.

Advice to Senior Management--

it's a job

Clinic Secretary (Current Employee) Yazoo City, MS

Prosgreat benefits and paid time off

Conslow wages compared to competitors

Advice to Senior Managementincrease wages to meet cost of living

My experience helped me through raising my daughter and loved working with most co-workers.

Secretary/Ward Clerk (Former Employee) Donora, PA

ProsBenefits were good except that the pension was frozen when I first tarted employment. Co-workers friendly but can be difficult different culture issues.

ConsNo acknowledgement of what you handle on a daily basis by management. To much of stabbing in the back from the top,

Advice to Senior ManagementStop only looking out for you and actually be a team player like most of the staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ops Mgr FMC-Na

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFlexibility with the job. Very good management experience if you are new to management.

Consredundancy of reinventing the wheel. Lack of direction from senior management

Advice to Senior ManagementClosely and accurately having all the Area Management employees work in a standardized manner.

I worked as a dialysis nurse.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsGreat benefits and pretty decent pay.

ConsManagement is rude to employees, especially those who are not of their ethnicity. Non-white problem employees are treated differently by management than their white counterparts. A white employee may receive counseling for an offense whereas a non-white employee would be fired. I was not fired, but have had management lie to me about job hours and get angry and disrespectful when asked about them. I had to resign my position.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some diversity in management.

Good Job, but hard to balance work-life.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are hard to beat. They were great and offered more than I had originally thought I would have.

ConsThe hours expected were whatever it takes to get the job done so I was working more than 40 hours and only getting my salary no overtime. That was the hardest thing. Made work-life balance hard to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not tell someone they can come back from FMLA and then turn around in the same week and hire someone into their position. That really is dishonest.

Worked here for 5+ years and have gone nowhere. No room for advancement.

Staff RN (Current Employee)

ProsI don't really have any Pros @ this time.

ConsToo many "favorites", overworked. Management does NOT stand behind their a Nurses. Impossible to get PTO or have someone switch a shift with you.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees. Work a day or rather a week in our shoes, not being a favorite and see how it feels.

I worked for this company for more than 10 years.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, thorough training, and professional atmosphere.

ConsExperiences vary significantly by direct supervisor. Career advancement is limited. Each division, region, business segment operate in silos. Poor communication throughout the company as a whole. Poor work/life balance expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep confidences, foster trust, and stick to core values. The values are promoted but not followed.

Great company to work for

Dialysis RN (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsStructured & professional.
    Great on the job training. Lots of room for advancement.

ConsHiring process takes too long.
    sometimes 3 mos from applying to first date on job.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

tech position

Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) Columbia, SC

Prosthere is always a need

Conspay scale need improving you only get about .10 to .13 cent it hard to find staff to work for you when you need to be off no room for advancement

Worked for Fresenius Medical Care - North America? Contribute to the Community!