Fresenius Medical Care

Rice Powell

Dietetic Renal intern

Former Employee - Dietetic Renal in Carrboro, NC
    Former Employee - Dietetic Renal in Carrboro, NC

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great and friendly staff, good management, good communication for team growth, individual incentives, rounding physicians, intricate learning experience

Cons

In a dietetic role, dietitians are usually made to travel around facilities making the job more stressful and for an intern to stay consistent with patients.

Management was always great. Implementation for new software was difficult to follow along with (E-Cube) but that's to be expected with anything knew.

Not their fault

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Local employees do their best daily. If you find a diamond in the rough, it can be a good experience.

Cons

Cold, dry culture where i was at, typical of a huge international corporation.

coup

it was different delivering dyalysis material to patients.

Former Employee - Cdl B in Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - Cdl B in Laurel, MD

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care full-time

Pros

work alone long good hours

Cons

management management supervisor company patients

take others into consideration

Learn to appreciate Life

Current Employee - Ccht in South Gastonia, NC
    Current Employee - Ccht in South Gastonia, NC

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working in for Fresenius Medical Care has allowed me to be able to shoe care and compassion for others who do what they have to do 3 times a week to live.

Cons

I feel like they should offer better pat raises to their employees who work hands on and more close to the patients. Not just anybody can do this job. You have to be very committed to making a difference in the lives of others.

Give better pay raises to your employees

I enjoyed my time there

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Washington, DC

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

i have experience working in the medical field. Working three days a week. unlimited overtime. a very flexible schedule. family environment that was easy to get along with.

Cons

having to deal with patients being sick and most of them possibly dying. As a patient care technician i grew close to most of the people there

Keep up the good work

Avoid this company like it has the Ebola Plague with the AIDS virus.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None. You are treated poorly by management. The work load is overwhelming. They expect you to complete the work within a certain time frame, which is impossible.

Cons

When I first started with Liberty I competed an orientation check book. When I transferred to the Benton Harbor facility. The management had misplaced it or failed to transfer it to the new facility. I was written up for this stating I had not completed it. When the manager was terminated. I found that she was writing me up and them copping my signature from something else I had signed and taped it in place, then recopied it.

The upper management expects the nurses and techs to treat the patients as wash machines. We are to dialyze one group of patients and take those off within fifteen minutes and start the next group. As a nurse I was having to dialyze four patients at a time, perform twelve pre/post assessment, then pass meds for each of the patients and chart the assessment and patient conditions for twenty-four patients.

They will write you up for any minute infraction they can. There is a revolving door policy. After six months to a year the personnel will be completely different. Liberty dialysis was the original operator of the company here. They sold out to Fresenius. Any senior staff with older seniority was weeded out so they did not have to pay them retirement. Employees hoping to retire after 17 to 20 of service to the company soon found themselves looking for work.

There were two nurses when I worked there. Now they have five . They are not required to dialyze the patients.

How can you treat personnel so poorly and expect to keep them. This is one of the worst career decisions that I have ever made.

Forever changing priority list. The true definition of Fluid Environment

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

they pay higher base salary, they are a leader in the Dialysis Industry

Cons

to compensate for the fact that quarterly bonus program is always announced with less than 1/2 of quarter left. And payment of bonus is delayed usually for 9-10 weeks post close of quarter. Healthcare providers feel bullied by the largest Dialysis company not supported.

Too much stress with very little pay

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care full-time

Pros

Employees and patients are wonderful. Health benefits are also good.

Cons

A lot is wrong with this company. Was very stressed and unhappy every morning I walked into work. Management does not value employees.

Value your employees and patients

A Global Company with opportunities to learn and grow in the healthcare profession.

Current Employee - Dialysis Tech in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Dialysis Tech in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and support for continuing education. Extensive and comprehensive training that is above the rest.

Cons

Slow to keep up with cost of living compensation. There seems to be a tendency for exclusion within certain geographical areas, which could just speak to where some facilities are located.

The people I work for and with are very nice and accepting.

Current Employee - RCIT in Safford, AZ
    Current Employee - RCIT in Safford, AZ

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a global company with a lot of options on case you wNt to relocate. They are stable and a leader in their field. They provide a beneficial and essential service to their patients.

Cons

Because they are greatly dependent on federal funding for the payment of services at their clinics they are vulnerable to the governments changes.

Think of diversifying more and offering more services at your clinics.