Fresenius Medical Care

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rice Powell

This is a great company to work for.

Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsAt Fresenius I was able to utilize my collections/billing experience to the fullest capacity. I worked with wonderful and professional people and developed long-lasting friendships. It was not a stressful job, for the most part; I was able to work my 8 hours and then leave and go home to my family.

ConsThis biggest challenge in working there was the initial buy-out of Renal Advantage Inc. to Fresenius Medical Care. Once a merger happens, the company changes a lot of policies and procedures...sometimes even lay-offs.

Leadership not transparent

Director of Operations (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGreat clinical team. Great physician partners.

ConsPoor leadership. Lacks accountability, transparency and trust.

Advice to Senior Managementcore values are more than a pocket sized piece of paper .

Lay-offs

ProsBusy, PTO, nice down to earth people

ConsLay-offs, temp hiring, must use paid time off for holidays

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good People

Operations Management (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsVery good flexible Job. A good start to learn hands on management role. People are nice to work with.

ConsLack of promotional opportunities within the company. Same thing is done differently in different areas. Lack of standardization and getting things done in one way across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore standardization than reinventing the wheel each time.

Cold, impersonal.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lansing, MI

ProsPCT's were good people, but not very bright. Nurses are overworked.

ConsCold faceless corporate is concerned with the dollar first

Advice to Senior Managementshould split the company and remove the monopoly they hold on communities.

An enjoyable experience overall

Patient Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsLearning new things, helping people, and feeling like I made a difference in the lives of others was a huge plus.

ConsAs with many different types of positions, there are those within the industry who were not so easy to work with and were very demanding in an unrealistic way when it came to their expectations for the company.

My return on my lifetime career investment was not returned.

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGood liaison status with CMS. Has resources to comply with new government initiatives. Excellent compliance culture.

ConsToo big unable to respond to industry trends, loses business to smaller start ups. Highly political with less experienced sales management moving into executive positions compromising brand and reputation.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to your traditional values and culture, its what brought you the success and recognition not current management.

Okay Comapny

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsDecent health benefits, casual dress code, mostly fun enviorment

Consunpaid holidays, lack of professionalism and drama. There are many women that work in the office and most times its like a family but most times there is drama. So and so are not speaking cause so and so said something about someone. They steal your stuff out the fridge and the only real room for growth is to leave the company and excel elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional, make decisions that build the business and not just give employees something extra to do just for the sake of doing it.

R&D needs more work.

Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) Lake Forest, CA

ProsLarge corporation where if you are IN, may have a chance to move to ther divisions where you can really progress.

ConsVery difficult when the boss is out of town 70% of the time and does not respond to your reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementShoud concentrate on the product and not waste so much time.

Great! I enjoy the work I am involved with and the people.

ProsLocations. 15 minutes from home.

ConsSalary - My experiences and skills far exceeds that of a clerk.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize and utilize staff with potential - promote and encourage.

Worked for Fresenius Medical Care? Contribute to the Community!