Fresh Choice

N/A

Former Employee - Server  in  Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Server in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Fresh Choice

Pros

They hire some good people and know how to make a fun work environment.
    Flexible hours and easy to get time off.

Cons

No benefits.
    Lots of food waste and no compost/recycling program. A better system is need to reduce food cost.

Store manager lacks critical decision making. ie food orders - over or understocked items, poor conflict resolution, etc... as a result most of the real work gets picked up by two the other managers, so they work twice as hard for half the pay. Good companies seek to minimize that problem.

Last and not least many of the customers at Zoopa are returning guests and have noticed the food quality drop dramatically over the last few years. Let's face it. This is a restaurant. It's all about the food. So as for the question "do you approve of the way Courtney Peterson is leading Fresh Choice?" my vote directly reflects what I've heard over and over again - poor.

Increase the food quality and I'll increase your rating.

As the store manager always said, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. It's true. Here you go Glassdoor!

going down hill.

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Vacaville, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at Fresh Choice

Pros

food is good. used to be a great place to work before getting bought by new owner. now just worried about the bottom line

Cons

work us to death. long hours no breaks any more. we are all (managers ) wroking as crew every day. so no time

dont chase the bottom line !! your losing all the custoners you used to have . value your employees , they are the ones making you money

Outstanding

I have been working at Fresh Choice

Pros

Good Opportunity to grow and learn alot within the company. The restaurant business is very difficult, but this company has strives to fulfill their employees needs.

Cons

The company has slowly been recovering, but overall is still a great place to work at. The employees are genuine people.

Communicate more with the employees and give better advice of how the company is doing and where it is going.

Worked for Fresh Choice? Contribute to the Community!