Fresh Del Monte Produce

Add Photos

Fresh Del Monte Produce Chairman and CEO Mohammad Abu-Ghazaleh

Mohammad Abu-Ghazaleh

Big Company

ProsVery nice people working there.

ConsOld school ideas and a corporate culture that is not dynamic.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees should have clear expectations during the hiring process including a comprehensive job description. Training should be available for new hires and continuing education for current employees.

Stressful, at least in the one in chicago

Labor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible and allowed me to work without it cutting into school. Really nice employees to work with.

ConsSome people don't even show up to work when they were supposed to and have to do all the work with little to no help

Industrious, cost-focused CPG company in commodity categories

Associate Brand Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCPG brand management experience in a major city, professional management, and fairly autonomous, small teams with a lot of P&L exposure.

ConsBrand management here is really general management of very commoditized product categories with limited marketing spend. Products and work not very interesting for those who want more growth or innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to become a more nimble organization, in terms of innovation and relevancy to the modern consumer.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting but cutthroat.

Human Resources (Former Employee) Coral Gables, FL

ProsSystems, business model, focus on excellence almost second to none.

ConsSenior executives more interested in themselves then the well-being of employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour business lives and dies with sales in the U.S. therefore treat your U.S. based employees with more understanding and compassion.

Good training, little else.

ProsLack of management support forces you to dig deep in order to do your job.
    Lack of career opportunity forces you to focus on your job.

ConsNo opportunities for growth.
    Employees get minimum salaries forcing management to " use the stick" all the time since " the carrot" is non existing.
    Negotiate your salary as hard as you can , dig your heels in and fight because the raise percentages are 1 digit and way under the cost of living, no bonuses, no other extra pay, plenty of extra hrs and days of work added to the normal 40 hr week (50 to 55 hrs).
    Work Evaluations are totally subjective.
    Input from employees is disregarded or even worse it gets ignored and ridiculed only to be presented by the same person at a later date as one of his/hers own original ideas, no credit ever goes to the workers
    No bonuses or extra pay.
    Long hrs, long weeks(50 to 55 hrs), no bonuses.
    Dual set of values. one for the clicks one for normal employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth with the people that make it for you . you claim millions as profit every quarter but employees get minimum wages.
    Federal minimum pay is a line to keep you from having slave labor, not a decent wage, bare minimum of $0.25 to $0.50 raise / hour yearly would go long way towards would allow you to retain good employees and not waste all their training .

Del Monte is a great company to learn

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Coral Gables, FL

ProsThey are organized and jobs are defined, is a stable company. Good benefits.

ConsUnfortunately their salary increases are not more than the minimum. Position on the sales department have great opportunities. Their culture is anarchy, so you got do what the boss said and don’t questions authority, you can get fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt’s important to care about the employees, not only the shareholders.

Great mentorship was the best reward from working at Del Monte.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Coral Gables, FL

ProsThe management at Del Monte were always very supportive and gave me great advice during my years at the company.

ConsMany of the employees complained that their yearly wage increases were inadequate when compared to the effort they felt they put into the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to develop more creative ways to encourage and reward deserving employees.

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Proscompensation / benefits / people I work with

Consclosed door policy / not much input from employees

Advice to Senior Managementbe more personable / more employee friendly

Weighing the pros and cons, overall I am satisfied with my experience working at Del Monte Fresh Produce.

General Manager (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsMy salary and benefits are very good. My boss is great. I have autonomy in most of the day to day big business decisions and generally receive support for those decisions. Co-workers and peers are very dedicated.

ConsSenior management must approve some very low level decisions such as replacing vacant, previously approved positions which slows the hiring process down, and they are slow to react to the current labor market conditions regarding salaries. There are other routine decisions that are slowed by the corporate bureaucracy, too. This is counter intuitive to the great deal of autonomy and support I receive for my decision making that impact much bigger issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline many of the HR, IT and product management policies that make us a less nimble company, slow to react to markets in the different areas we do business in.

Great for when you are first starting your career but...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Coral Gables, FL

ProsThe health benefits are very good

The company has a very diverse workforce both in age and nationality

The structure within departments is pretty loose so employees get a chance to work on projects that may not be in their job description

ConsResources are very scarce and the majority of departments are understaffed

Salary increases are dismal

Very little opportunities for career advancement except in product management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more focus on motivating employees and making them feel valued. Currently the company makes no effort to reward employees that go above and beyond, instead they are given even more responsibilities and forced to pick up the slack for coworkers who are merely performing at the status quo

Worked for Fresh Del Monte Produce? Contribute to the Community!