Fresh Express

Add Photos

Mark Drever

Great Company to work for

Line Worker (Former Employee) Morrow, GA

ProsGreat company to work for.

Conscold environment , standing for long period

Bad management

Dryer Operator (Former Employee) Streamwood, IL

ProsYou get free bananas once every month

ConsSome of the people in charge do not know english, they make you work long hours vary hard work and the pay is bad and they train you for 3 hours and expect you to know every thing i could say more but it would be a never ending story

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better people who know what they are doing (2nd shift at the Streamwood location) ,treat everyone equal and have everyone do the same amount of work not just some people because of there race.

Very rude Supervisors and Management in Harrisburg PA plant

Production (Current Employee) Harrisburg, PA

ProsThe job pays the bills

ConsWork conditions are cold (35*) and wet. No family values at all, can care less about family concerns. You better just be at work. If your child gets sick at school, the school calls the plant for you to pick your child up you are issued a point for leaving work early. The company has core values that supervisors preach about Supervisors and Management forget them quick but are quick with letting you know about them with a coaching or write up. Most management won't even greet you in a hallway with a simple "Hello" unless they need something from you. Supervisors think your some 2nd class citizen treat you with no respect, just do what I say or else.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to show respect to the employees we are here for the same purpose as you

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible. Do not care about employees.

Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) Morrow, GA

ProsThe company pays well, depending on position.

ConsDo not care about employees concerns. Will ask you to come in the day before your off day and make it mandatory otherwise you will receive a attendance point and have to use your pro. Total disregard for employees time, and shows no appreciation for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the Morrow location, a lot of corrupt hr employees.

OK company to work for.

Packer (Former Employee) Morrow, GA

ProsThey allow you to work alot of overtime.
    Get frequent breaks.
    They give everyone a chance to apply for higher level positions.

ConsExtremely cold (freezer warehouse)
    The shifts that are offered make it almost impossible to have a life.

NO QUALITY OF LIFE

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Morrow, GA

Prossalaries are comparable to above industry average

Cons1. there is no quality of life unless you work a 1st shift. you go in one time and leave the following morning,,be careful if you leave far away from the plant.
    2. Super high turnover with mgmt and supervisory staff. If you know your worth its gauranteed you will leave within a year.
    3. lack of proactive organization yet they choose the reactive wait till there is a fire then put it out method.
    4. Payroll Issues--take your chance!!!
    5. too many foreign employees who dont understand their rights..just happy to have a job.

Advice to Senior Managementhave a third round of layoffs and get rid of the dead weight

i have worked my way up the money ladder

PMO (Current Employee) Morrow, GA

Pros401k ,you stay cool in the summer time

Conswe have no union. they say the care about us and want up to be productive but it does not show. we can bring up things that are wrong in the plant and nothing gets done to fix them until someone gets hurt. no bonus what so ever for hourly employees. Did not even get anything for Christmas.

Advice to Senior Managementlet your workers know and show your workers you care about them and not just about getting good product out on time. All the food that gets dumped because of wrong codes or mission codes, try putting some of that in the vending machines. Give us a chance to buy our products at the source instead of throwing it away because it has the wrong date and can not be reworked.

Very good company to work for, where employees are treated fairly and respectfully in their current roles.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Franklin Park, IL

ProsHealth conscious company that provides fresh salad and veggies to employees when excess in production schedule. Progressive company that consistently looks for ways to improve their products and processes. Management encourages ideas from employees. Competitive benefit package.

ConsLike any fresh vegetable and fruit company, mother nature and customer supply chain practices (i.e. Grocery stores) can impact the quality of the product and profitability of the company - including the mistakes of competing companies and resulting public perception.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to solicit, and recognize, the fresh ideas and great performance of your employees.

Great People

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salinas, CA

ProsWonderful people. Kind Family oriented. Supportive. Will help you to succeed but you have to take your career into your hands and show them you're a go getter.

ConsDepending on who you are aligned against, after a while learning curves tend to flatten, and growth seems to slow. You have to stay vocal about new opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring new talent with fresh ideas, give more opportunities for advanced training and skill building, keep your people learning and ahead of the curve. Too many people have become "comfortable" in their roles. Management needs to take the talent pool to the next level.

crew lead

Crew Lead (Former Employee)

ProsHelped inproved leadership skills. Trained to be proactived in ensuring work is completed on time.

Consoor upper leadership and HR management. Many employees do not speak english making it hard to give directions. First line leadership make less money than team members.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain leadership

Worked for Fresh Express? Contribute to the Community!