Fresh and Easy

www.freshandeasy.com

Fresh and Easy Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Jim Keyes

Pros
  • Good benefits for management and a lot of opportunity to make a career with Fresh and easy, the new and improve(in 8 reviews)

• Open schedule, Great benefits package when you qualify for it(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • In fact, the more aggressive and cruel the manager is, the MORE upper management adores them(in 8 reviews)

• Too much is expected from store managers and the pay for managers isn't worth the headaches(in 7 reviews)

35 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A Great Place to Shop and Work!

Manager - Corporate (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsI am happy to say that working at Fresh & Easy has been one of the most rewarding experiences I've had with an employer. Fresh & Easy encourages creativity and gives everyone the opportunity to share their opinions and views, celebrate success and challenge its leaders to live their values and culture. In response to this, leaders challenge their teams to use their best thinking, be innovative, and open to explore a new approach.

ConsThe pace is fast and can be tiring.

in consistent fairness

Store Manager (Current Employee) Lakewood, CA

Prosgood benifits and decent pay

Conscompany changes processes and routine

Overall, it was a good place to work.

Customer Assistant (Former Employee) Orange, CA

ProsI liked that customers were generally easy to work with, and rarely had any complaints. The team I was working with in store made it very easy to like the work there. Company had good values and I love their products

ConsIt was very predictable what your job duties were going to be, there wasn't a lot of change. When I started working there, I was under 21, so I wasn't eligible for promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would have been awesome to be able to move into a supervisor position, before being 21.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company and looking forward for the future!

General Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsVery excited about the new owner and going in the right direction! Good benefits for management and a lot of opportunity to make a career with Fresh and easy, the new and improve. A new way of retailing and the CEO empowers you to make decisions about your shop. Wild oats fresh products are exclusive sold only at F&E, great products and fresh everyday.

ConsA lot of changes are coming very fast and your boss could be someone else the next week. A lot of conference calls and events happens really fast, stores are selected to fast to try something new. Payroll hours are not enough for the direction company is going on customer service, the should be #1 priority.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many emails and sometimes could be confusing. Need to find a better way to communique with stores and have an online tool to check off the task completed.

Loving everyday at Fresh & Easy! Best job ever!

Talent Analyst (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsSo many opportunities to grow in my career here at Fresh & Easy. The culture is very team oriented and stresses the importance of leadership, development, visibility, and learning. I continue to have the chance to work on new & exciting projects. The culture of the company is supportive & energetic. Working with other departments and teams is always a positive experience. The culture also fosters visibility & accountability; our CEO updates the whole business regularly with updates, announcements, upcoming events and constantly motivates & inspires the team. I feel like I am finally with a company that allows me to have work/life balance. The benefits, 401(k), bonuses, PTO, etc. are all fair & generous. I love that my performance & contributions help to determine my bonus & pay increases. Overall, I love everything about working at Fresh & Easy. I look forward to coming to work everyday & love what I do and this company!

ConsFresh & Easy has gone through some transitions over the last year and a half. The company is heading in a great direction, and I am so excited to be apart of this phase. I thrive in environment that is fast-paced, growing, and in transition. So many great new things are happening, it is such a great place to work! Some people may prefer a different kind of work environment, but if you are looking for a company that is driven, hard-working, and passionate Fresh & Easy has way more pros than cons!

Advice to Senior ManagementI think Management is doing a great job of promoting our vision, being authentic, being goal-oriented, clearly defining expectations, and offering relevant feedback to help everyone meet their full potential. I feel like I am a part of a place that values everyone's voice, everyone's questions, everyone's concerns, and everyone's contributions.

I love it here!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsI love the benefits I receive (health, vision, dental, 401k), great pay, bonuses, and my schedule. Everyone I work with has such a positive attitude and makes coming to work enjoyable. It's a great environment with room to grow.

ConsNo real challenges from my perspective. Since the transition, some things are still falling into place, but it isn't necessarily a negative.

Loved working here

Supply Chain Analyst temp (Former Employee) Manhattan Beach, CA

ProsVery chill environment. The people were great. They always hire great quality people.

ConsI was a temp, I wish I could have stayed longer but I moved out of state.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire your temps

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

This place should be closed down.

Customer Assistant (Former Employee) Simi Valley, CA

ProsThere are none unless you like everything wrong.

ConsAll their food is rotten and green chicken that sits outside for hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementHit the door running.

I had a good experience with Fresh and Easy in my 5 year career with them

New Store Operations Manager (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsThe Home Office environment was very supportive

ConsThe in-store employee environment was not always supported by Home Office executives and new employee training was not sufficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to always look at dollars and cents as an indicator for the success of your stores

great corporate culture and value, company put an effort into making employee happy at work

Supply Chain (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsThe culture and atmosphere is great, very fun company, employees are great people to work with, looked forward to work with the team everyday, as an intern i have learned a lot and given a lot of flexibility in the projects i can work in and the projects given to me were also more tailored to my interest and skills, which i am very grateful for

Consquestionable middle level management, seen manager micro-manage every little steps of the analyst's job, and it doesn't seem there's career prospect in the company, only opportunities are same level position changes, no upward opportunities

Worked for Fresh and Easy? Contribute to the Community!