FreshDirect

Excellent Job

Former Employee - Fresh Direct Associate in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Fresh Direct Associate in Long Island City, NY

I worked at FreshDirect full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love the company. They really do care about the employees. Even though it was a fast paced environment, I still like it.

Cons

Tbh there really wasn't any cons to working this position. I loved the company as a whole.

Nothing really

Dress Warm... and be mindful

I worked at FreshDirect

Pros

The ability to move into different positions, some have a wait time( or list). so if another department has an opening, go for it.

Cons

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. A lot of people act as if they are in charge even though they do not have the title or training.

Horrible company

I have been working at FreshDirect

Pros

no pros Horrible racist tireing

Cons

Racism favoritism sexism racist bias

you need to stop hireing felons racist managers who demean the worker's

Poorly run, small company provides no job security

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I worked at FreshDirect full-time

Pros

They pay great money to lure you in

Cons

They take all your knowledge and competitive intel and treat you as a temporary investment. After you have performed, they cut costs and you are let go for some random reason. Lots of promises of stock options and going public with no intent on IPO; it's how they lure top leadership talent. Be careful and when the warning bells go off and you realize they have always fired way too many people in top positions, run! All the positive reviews are reviews established by the company and not real employees. They monitor these boards and post accordingly to offset all the poor reviews. Be careful!

Be more honest and evolve into a real corporate entity. Amazon, Google and Ebay all have entered the NYC market and once they really get up and running, FD profits are going to fall.

OK experience

I worked at FreshDirect full-time

Pros

I went in as a temp , through a agency. Always something to do . Plenty of hours 50+. and the pay is good . amazing benefits . plenty of room for advancement within the company .

Cons

sometimes overtime is mandatory, you don't get the recognition you should . sometimes you may feel unappreciated ,
    and a whole lot of favoritism .

I worked in Sales and Service

Former Employee - Sales/Customer Service in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales/Customer Service in New York, NY

I worked at FreshDirect full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great, and there is opportunity in a lot of different roles. If you are interested in the food industry, or other fields such as technology, HR, then it's a great place for you. The corporate office has a lot going on. You can also drive a truck and work in the plant.

Cons

If you are not in the corporate office, then you will have a very tough job. Understand what the job is before you start. The leadership is good, but the each job pays a different salary, so know that the food business is not typically a high paying career path.

Be sure to properly train all staff, regardless of which position they have.

Production line

I have been working at FreshDirect

Pros

I worked in what I like, I have overcome a lot and have the necessary experience to do the job of cooking

Cons

obtain a position in the culinary field where I can utilize my skills and demonstrate my creativity.

Beware

Former Employee - Plant Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Plant Employee in Long Island City, NY

I worked at FreshDirect full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The department i worked at was ok. Some People were good. Lots of hard working men and women. Possible move up positions. Health insurance sick pay vaca time.

Cons

If you're a woman under 50 do not get a job in the plant. Was sexually harassed reported to HR and they did absolutely nothing so I quit. Not only by a manager in my department but by multiple men that work around the building holler and whistle as you walk by. Made it extremely uncomfortable and an aggressive place to work. Don't plan on getting rich you could work there for like 5 years and still barely make $12 an hour depending on department. I worked there for almost a year worst place I've ever worked for.

If I only had money to get a lawyer. I would've sued you guys for sexual harassment. I brought up the case to HR and they had a meeting and nothing happened how can you let this happen. Every day I came to work I felt so uncomfortable and you guys did nothing. You should be ashamed of yourselfs.

Good way to start your career but lack of culture

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at FreshDirect full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good way to start your career if you are looking to learn the ropes of e-commerce. Their operations are quite optimized and the team is highly data driven in their approach.

Cons

There is lack of culture and aren't the best pay masters in the city even though they are well funded and have been around for years.

Create a positive environment for people to grow.

Cold and hardworking warehouse environment.

Former Employee - Freezer Associate in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Freezer Associate in Long Island City, NY

I worked at FreshDirect full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Easy work
    -As a freezer associate, my pay was okay.
    -Decent hours.
    -It's a serious environment. Everyone's working hard.
    -Easy to advance (ranks)
    -CEO held monthly meetings to get workers opinions.
    -Free milk & coffee all day long.

Cons

-The social atmosphere in the place was very minimal.
    -The managers there weren't very helpful and forward. It almost seemed like some of them were just there for the check.
    -Despite the insane temperature in the freezer, team leads try to limit your warming breaks.

Do a better job at tackling employee's needs and continue to improve the work environment.