Fresno County
www.co.fresno.ca.us Fresno, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Fresno County Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2014
Fresno County – Fresno – “Office Cubicle”

Henry Perea

I was doing different tasks

Warehouse Worker (Former Employee)
Fresno, OH

I worked at Fresno County full-time for less than a year

Prospay, helpful, teamwork, cooperative, learn different jobs

Consit was temporary, have to retest to come back, boring at first, not in the best area, a bit far from home

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Okay job short-term.

Information Technology Analyst (Current Employee)
Fresno, CA

I have been working at Fresno County full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits, although they have decreased significantly over the past 10 years. There are some good people working for the county. Good place to gain experience before moving on.

ConsPay is very low when compared to other counties. Should be more focused on training and education.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the brain drain and invest in the future with young qualified employees. Promote those that have potential.

Stable employment but no appreciation

Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Fresno County full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood benefits and lots of annual leave once accrued.

ConsLow morale because employees are overworked and under-appreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to the employees and actually listen to their concerns.

Good People With Good Intentions

Line Staff and Administration Positions (Former Employee)

I worked at Fresno County full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGenerally, the people working in the parts of the organization that I worked in worked hard and had the best of intentions

ConsSystems tend to be disconnected, role clarity was inconsistent, work processes were not aligned well and well as having redundant and out dated processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have to say it but, hire an organizational consultant to help management examine ways of working more effectively with the limited resources. Create safe dialogue face time with staff for emerging and utilizing the collective intelligence of your staff, as well as talking about the "elephants in the room" that people don't talk about.

Tough Times of Low Moral

Account Clerk II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fresno County full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat people to work with in this particular office, interesting job and just enough work - not too much or too little. Good benefits of leave hours.

ConsMoral is really, really low. Salary was cut 9% last year and another 4% this year for us, the lowest paid admin staff. After all the deductions, we are earning only about 2/3 the gross on paper - works out to just a bit above minimum wage. No promotions and fear of demotions or pink slips at regular intervals. Times are tough. The highest paid get the lowest salary cuts, or no cuts and instead, increases. Meanwhile us lower paid workers are finding it hard to survive.

Advice to Senior ManagementBoard of Supervisors and other managers should take at least equal percentage cuts as the lowest paid staff - that would save a LOT more to balance the budget!

Great Learning Experience!

Social Work Practitioner (Former Employee)

I worked at Fresno County full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat opportunity to learn and practice child protective services. Great opportunity to fine tune consumer relations, culturally sensitive, cultural brokering, and client advocacy skills. This Department provides good training in social work assessment, case planning, and permanency planning for individuals and families.

ConsVery difficult to express personal opinions and positions on social issues. Although knowledge and practice of social issues are required to provide efficient social work practice to consumers. (Last year with employer 2006).

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop relationships with all employees, win their trust by remaining trustworthy. Continue providing excellent training and opportunities to all individuals regardless of ethnicity and cultural differences.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Its OK , Its just job that I have to do to support my family.....When I will have better option I will move on.

I have been working at Fresno County

ProsFresno is lost cost of living area, so lower wages is not a problem.
People are nice easy to get along with.

ConsManagement is not so great here, still living in ancient times.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep up with world of technology. Belive in keeping your employees updated by training them.

Child Support

Child Support (Former Employee)

I worked at Fresno County

ProsThe people who work there are great.

ConsThe job can be depressing.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe flexible with employees.

Secure Job in Fresno County

Account Clerk II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fresno County

ProsBenefits package, paid time off, regular raises, promotions and cost of living increases. Fresno County is, for the most part, a secure place to work. With health and retirement benefits, it's a good deal.

ConsSome inefficiencies and politics; and lower pay compared to the private sector.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo work audits to make sure work is performed in the most efficient way possible.

It is a job

I have been working at Fresno County

ProsMostly stable job, close to home, decent pay, good benefits, good schedule.

ConsToo many potlucks and gift donations requests, too much union politics, those who should be fired are not, extreme gossip and drama e specially from the managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop asking for money donations for gifts during these hard times, put the cubicle gossipy folks to work, stop gossiping about your employees to other employees, and for God's sake stop with all the potlucks.

Worked for Fresno County? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fresno County reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fresno County CEO Henry Perea. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Fresno County employees.