Fresno Pacific University

CEO

Nice place to work for

Former Employee - Adjunct Professor in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Adjunct Professor in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Fresno Pacific University part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work when you want to.

Cons

Can be overworked and lack of benefits for adjuncts

A supportive and encouraging work environment

Former Employee - Student Office Assistant in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Student Office Assistant in Fresno, CA

I worked at Fresno Pacific University part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful people, supportive & encouraging office culture, opportunity for increased responsibility, job training, weekly devotionals, work life balance

Cons

The only con I can think of is that I was not allowed to stay longer. The position I held was only available for students. Because I graduated, I was no longer eligible for employment in that position.

It is a great place to invest in the lives of students!

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Fresno Pacific University part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Investing in student lives, Department supervisors supportive of adjuncts, lots of opportunities in degree completion. Opportunities to build both professional and personal contacts. A good "second" job for adjuncts to give back...

Cons

salary is probably on average for private university adjuncts, but is a bit low....

It has been a blessing to work for an organization that is changing the lives of so many students.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Fresno Pacific University

Pros

There is always something fun happening on campus. The benefits are good and the school is continuing to grow.

Cons

Base salaries are low, like most non-profit organizations. However, between the Holidays and generous leave plans there is plenty of time off to manage work life balance.

Need to work on more career development opportunities for current employees.

FPU

Current Employee - Admission Counselor in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Admission Counselor in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Fresno Pacific University

Pros

A Christian environment with opportunities to further your education, nice co-workers, beautiful grounds, holidays off, non-smoking environment, and the opportunity to meet people from different cultures

Cons

The college pays very poorly and requires every employee to work not only their own job, but adds "other duties as assigned" to your job description, which ultimately means you are required to hold several other people's job duties as well.

Take a look at how poorly your middle management treats other staff. You are losing the best and brightest to other employers. Install an anonymous way for complaints to move from lower levels to people in positions to change.