Freudenberg-NOK

Freudenberg-NOK Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Freudenberg-NOK Senior Vice President Finance and Administration Speaker, Office of the Chief Executive Freudenberg-NOK General Partnership Ralf Krieger

Ralf Krieger

Very intense and fast paced.

Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsAlways busy. Lots of different aspects to the job.

ConsMade to feel unappreciated. Poor management interaction. Definitely a class level.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat others with more respect and give a little more to associates.

wants too much done with too little

ProsThe company applies 5S, Kaizens and six sigma for current operations. Kaizens events are good ways to engage all the employees, management and floor operation. The jobs are safe, the company is very conservative on its growth outlook, not getting crazy on economic fads. Management is very professional and approachable.

ConsIt is a very fast manufacturing job. After 2008 the job became crazy. The company wants maximum results with limited resources . The tuition reimbursement program got limited after the recession. Possibilities of promotions and mentoring programs seems to be nonexistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementApply your stated core values to everyday production and everything will go back to normal...improvements will be realize if you put your money where your mouth is.

Intense, fast paced work environment.

ProsSecure company. Privately owned, family company with no debt obligations and diverse product lines.
    Competent management.

ConsSince 2008, there has been a new "normal" established in which much higher productivity is expected with fewer resources. In other words - Work longer, harder, smarter, and be thankful you have a job. This mode will be unsustainable in the longer term.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people. Pay technical staff at least the median salary for this area.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extremely challenging dealing with the upper crust ..."

Engineering (Current Employee) Plymouth, MI

ProsGreat co-workers. Great training. Great website. Great corporate chef. Great entry level prospects. Great HR personnel. Great travel opportunities, both domestic and international.

ConsPoor management. Poor salary. Poor benefits. Poor communication. Poor coordination with all sites, both domestic and international. Poor personal development opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease look past your title, shake off the air of superiority, and have some respect for the worker bees who actually bring money to this organization.

Eventful, global, highly complex organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal in operations, excellent systems in North America, Lean Organization, Good products

ConsGermany is the center of the universe, even though their systems, work culture and skills appear to be mediocre at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementGlobal means global - not German/Japanese international

Decent Job if you want to be over worked and unappreciated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople (not management) were pretty great to work with

ConsManagement was terrible. No flexibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvance hardworking people

DISCUSTED

Pres Operator (Former Employee) Shelbyville, IN

Prosits not who you know its who you......well you know

Consif your management you have plenty of time for FRATERNIZING

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on your job instead of your love life

It just gets worse and worse

Formulation Chemist (Current Employee) Plymouth, MI

ProsGood equipment and location (Beck @ I 96).

ConsRemarkably inept and unprofessional management throughout - amateurs at best. Pay is just OK but benefits are the most pathetic I've ever seen. Advice to jobseekers -the place is easy to get into because they want to use and then dispose of you, so go ahead and start there and collect everything you can for your CV before 18 months (which is when they will replace you with another set of hands).

Advice to Senior ManagementNo point in adivising management, they wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.

not the worst place, but much room for improvement

Material Tech (Current Employee) Milan, OH

Proslatest shift is 5:30, pay is middle of the road

Consmanagement pick and chooses who will get in trouble. Company policy is not applied fairly.

Advice to Senior Managementactually see the problems and listen to employees

Great place to learn Lean and Six Sigma tools

Engineering (Former Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsPeople, processes, learning, systems, techniques

ConsPay, moral, hours, number of personnel, lean staff

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the workforce more and keep jobs in the US.

Worked for Freudenberg-NOK? Contribute to the Community!