Friedkin Companies

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Thomas H Friedkin

Good place to work, but senior management is out of touch.

I have been working at Friedkin Companies full-time

ProsGreat benefits, smart co-workers and a culture of excellence.

ConsUpper level management is all about cost cutting and the bottom line. Short staffing is common and seems to be preferred to the alternative.

Advice to Senior ManagementReinvest in the areas the business depends on, and increase staffing to make the workload more manageable.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Extremely Negative

Anonymous (Former Employee)

I worked at Friedkin Companies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBeautiful campus and highly capable coworkers.

ConsToo political and secretive causing unhealthy paranoia and anxiety.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider valuing some of the employee with a cons hence and not just those that are willing to drown puppies to get ahead.

"Our Values" Very unorganized and dysfunctional company!

FSG (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Friedkin Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros-The people who have worked for the company more than 10 years are great.
-Beautiful building
-Nice gym and outdoor area

Cons-The company has several business units that have no direction or goals.
-You are to do as you are told and not question anything.
-They have what they call "Our Values" which the company does not follow. EX: "We Value our associates" this is clearly misleading when I have seen countless people terminated with out just cause. The reply that I hear from people terminated is that they stated, "It is a right-to-work state".
-Hardcore political environment (all companies have it but this is almost like a cult)
-Everything is very secretive and not transparent.
-Alot of finger-pointing and blame game
-Family-owned...believe me, weird!

Advice to Senior ManagementI dont think they would listen to advice. That is why many have left or been terminated (some witho'ut due cause)

Great Benefits, but career advancement and technology not in management's radar...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Friedkin Companies

ProsFriedkin offers outstanding Benefits package, a beautiful facility, and great associate programs. You also find a lot of tenured employees. Senior Management receives great incentives.

ConsA lot of the tenured employees are complacent in their roles and are not adaptive to change; making new ideas and new technology extremely difficult to promote. Career advancement is limited unless; you search on your own and transfer out to other companies within Friedkin. It’s not in management's radar to promote or create career ladders within their departments. Job responsibilities increase and sometimes double, without reward or recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's a lot of top to bottom feedback, consider feedback from bottom to top; you'll be surprised to see how hard your bottom line works, while your top management cruises and gains all the benefits and recognition. Reward your tenured employees, and when they decide to leave take care of them, and thank them for their dedication and loyalty.

Worked for Friedkin Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Friedkin Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Friedkin Companies CEO Thomas H Friedkin. All reviews posted anonymously by Friedkin Companies employees.