Friedman LLP Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Bruce A. Madnick

1. Great start for public accounting. HR needs improvement.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Friedman LLP full-time

Pros

FLLP has a fun and friendly culture. You can become great friends with all different levels - managers, principals, seniors, and partners. It truly is an "open door policy" there. Social events make up for a rather dry line of work. These include happy hours across the street, field days, golf outings, intramural sports after work, etc. There are great leaders there who are more than happy to mentor you right out of college and give you advice on your career inside and outside of the office. I learned a lot and made lifelong friends there.

Cons

HR department should not be and are not trusted by most employees. They lay off long-time employees out of nowhere as a surprise with no warnings.

Advice to Management

HR should rework their lay-off process to be more respectable. It makes them look sneaky and untrustworthy. After moving on to a company with a more than amazing HR team, you realize how much that department shapes the happiness of current and future employees, and thus, the future of the company. There is no need for intimidation. Lead by respect/inspiration and not fear.

2. Lacking

I worked at Friedman LLP

Pros

Friday's off in the summer (after Memorial Day - Labor Day) and casual wear in the East Hanover office (jeans)

Cons

A majority of the people working there have very big egos - Friedman is that type of place. There are a few different cliques in one particular office and if you are not a part of them well good luck with keeping your job. Your skill set is probably 1/3 of your job security.
    There are no words to describe Human Resources except it being a joke. You can't take them seriously which is bad because they run this company.
    Turnover is high and a majority of people that were there a few years ago are gone.

Advice to Management

No advice can be given

3. Senior Accountant

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Auditor in New York, NY

I have been working at Friedman LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance. The people are great to work with. Managers are really looking to help staff get the most of their career.

Cons

Pay is slightly below other similarly ranking firms

Advice to Management

If you want to keep your top talent staff then you need to pay them appropriately.

5. Former Employee

I worked at Friedman LLP full-time

Pros

Mid-sized firm with small company feel.

Cons

They don't like when people leave!

6. Great place to work!

I have been working at Friedman LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Friedman are great, no matter what level of seniority. The culture is what really sets Friedman apart from other places. Their focus on work life balance is substantial compared to other firms! I feel as if my career path is being looked out for by management and they really want me to succeed.

Cons

I can not think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting the right people into leadership positions. If we continue to have people we look up to in the right places the firm will keep improving!

7. Great Firm!

Former Employee - Senior Auditor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Auditor in New York, NY

I worked at Friedman LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very warm and friendly people. While no firm is perfect, I was impressed with the culture throughout my 4 years. Most client assignments were technically challenging and with clients and industries I preferred to work on. My career growth was managed well and I worked reasonable hours throughout the year.

Cons

Busy Season hours can be challenging at times, however, the strong hours only came for a few weeks per year. When I compare my hours to friends at other firms, I believe mine were often the best.

Advice to Management

Continue to make new Partners as there is some great up and coming new leaders. I enjoyed my time at the firm and only left due to relocating out of the area.

8. Manager

I have been working at Friedman LLP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly People
    Great team events and fun incentives
    Client base is diverse and you get a variety of client work

Cons

Sometimes short staffed in departments

Advice to Management

Keep striving to staff the offices appropriately

9. Great Company, Great People

I worked at Friedman LLP

Pros

Small corporate structure, great benefits

Cons

there seems to be some favoritism with who moves up & who doesn't

Advice to Management

none

Revolving Door

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in New York, NY

I have been working at Friedman LLP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Convenient location. Good place to start and find another job through their client list. Revolving doors are good here.

Cons

Training is non-existent. Left to guess what is expected. Employment turnover is very high due to lack of professional oversight and only small petty minds advance. Working conditions are abysmal with out-of-date office furniture, poor lighting, antiquated HVAC and lack of sanitary bathrooms. Tension and fear rule the days. Congeniality is phoney.

Advice to Management

Instead of continuing accounting classes, take management courses to learn about successful office environment and values for the 21st century.

11. Best Place to Start your Career

Current Employee - Audit Semi Senior in East Hanover, NJ
    Current Employee - Audit Semi Senior in East Hanover, NJ

I have been working at Friedman LLP

Pros

Summer Fridays, Jeans in the NJ office

Management, Partner, HR and Seniors care about the growth of all staff. If staff works hard and has a positive attitude they will excel within the firm. Additionally, if you have preferences on what kind of jobs you want to work on (industry, travel etc.) they will take that into consideration.

Senior management will go above and beyond training staff if they staff is willing to work hard and ask for help.

Training is exceptional. The Company does not expect you to start your career with all the answers and expects questions. But with hard work and working closely with the people above you the amount one can learn in a few years is incredible. You have the possibility to start jobs from start to finish if you take the right initiative.

Growth is very fast. Expect to be promoted every year until senior level. Promotions are always there if the employee takes the right initiative.

Excellent job security as long as the employee continues to work hard and show initiative.

Friendly environment.

You never feel unappreciated. Partners and Mangers will go out of their way to tell you thank you after jobs for working hard and congratulate you for doing a good job.

Cons

None. As long as you work hard and show initiative you will be successful.

Advice to Management

I started working at Friedman 2 years ago and if I look back on that decision I would take the same path. Keep up the great work!

RSS Feed </> Embed