Friedman LLP

Updated May 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bruce A. Madnick

Good company to work for.

Auditor (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood hours, good pay; training

Consslow promotions, too much politics

Nice people. Aggressive partners

Senior Auditor (Current Employee)

ProsFriendly staff and summer Fridays

ConsNot the close-knit atmosphere its recruiters project.

Friedman really focuses on work/life balance, company culture, and growth opportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of opportunity here to rise to the occasion. If you have an interest in something specific, HR will help you get there- whether it is certain type of client work, bringing new ideas to the table, or introducing something to the firm. Great benefits like summer fridays and gym discounts/reimbursements. Promotions and raises are based on merit, which is very rewarding.

ConsCannot think of any at this time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Accountant

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of great experience. Plenty of communication between managers and staff.

ConsToo many overtime hours. Some partners much better to deal with than other partners

High turn-over...dwindling job security.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsEveryone looks forward to Summer Fridays.

ConsLimited 401K Benefits, Suspicious termination of employees with disabilities and temporary medical situations. Limited job security and high turn-over rate. There was zero maternity leave discussed. Upper management is often unprofessional in handling internal issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove training programs for new hires and allow for more transparency.

Long hours, terrible client base

Auditor (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFridays off in the summer....although you have to make up friday's hours during Mon-Thurs workweek which really is worse than actually working friday

Consbad management, long hours....for the hours you work you might is well go big 4. not enough upside. terrible client base.

Upper management leaves much to be desired

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSummer Fridays are the one and, sadly, only perk of working at Friedman.

ConsUnfortunately, the managing partner is nothing more than a figurehead at Friedman. He knows nothing of the ins and outs of what is really going on and the good employees of the firm suffer. A napoleon like man with ice running through his veins who knows nothing of human resources, or accounting for that matter, runs Friedman. They are due for a terrible law suit that will open up the eyes of the equity partners. Hopefully then will they step in and let someone with some sense take over.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up your eyes. Stop letting people who know so little run your firm into the ground.

Great Company To Work For

Senior Auditor (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsStructure, opportunity and learning opportunities. Very professionally run. Most of the partners want to help you grow.

ConsSome nepotism, better for people straight out of college than experienced.

Best place I ever worked for

Semi Senior In Charge (Former Employee)

ProsWonderful work life balance, open door policy with management, team players and a great place to learn with warm employees and management.

ConsThere is no cons. A wonderful public accounting firm.

The firm's culture is changing and it is not looking pretty...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsDecent learning environment in the first two years after you graduate.

ConsThe firm does not invest in its employees anymore. The continuing education is not a top priority. Also, the managers are promoted without the CPA licenses. The quality of the product suffers because of it. The promotions are based on interoffice politics not on knowledge and quality of product. Management is making false promises by delaying promotions and terminating employment when the employee has reached certain salary level.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should change the strategy and start taking care of all its employees and provide quality continuing education program. Same as other firms in NYC, no employee should be promoted beyond a senior without a CPA license. This is a red flag for the clients who are paying for unqualified people who provide the service at very high rates. The interoffice gossip and politics should not be encouraged but ignored since it is coming from insecure individuals. The firm will lose many employees when the economy is back to normal because it is not a good place to work.

Worked for Friedman LLP? Contribute to the Community!