FriendFinder Networks Reviews

1 Rating

Hard work is rewarded.

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Front End Developer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at FriendFinder Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Let's get real...people complaining on this site are disgruntled folks who feel they should be given everything without earning it! They compare this company to the Big Dogs (Google, Microsoft, Facebook, etc.), but FFN can't run with the Big Dogs because it's a different breed altogether! The company provides more in fringe benefits than other companies this size: anniversary bonuses, a 401(k) match, a PTO program that blows others out of the water (20 days/25 days/30 days -- depending how many years you've been with the company). A majority of companies start you off with 2 weeks, and one review on this site is wanting to go back to separate vacation and sick leave! Does he not get it?! A big pro is that both Marc Bell and Dan Staton are no longer associated with this company! They were the most arrogant pair who didn't care about the employees and we didn't care about them. They were an embarrassment. This company is going through a transition. Andrew Conru has returned and has started to breathe new life into the company, but we're all still cautious. Most important, though, is we now have hope. So, people should stop bitching because we do have it pretty good here. We're being paid to produce good work, so step it up if you're dawdling around mediocrity! And to all the former employees who produced less but felt entitled to more, who didn't like the food, the management, their salaries . . . good riddance!

Cons

Mid-level managers need more training. I've asked my own manager questions only to realize later that he steered me down the wrong path! Also, there are department heads who need to be replaced as they don't seem to contribute anything -- it's so well-known that people from different departments chat about it during lunch. It's an ongoing joke.

Advice to Management

Communicate with the staff and make it clear to us what the culture of the company is, especially with the changes taking place. There's an opportunity to get it right this time.

2. This is a Great company and can only Rise to better levels

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at FriendFinder Networks as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked on and off, off site for this company for a number of years. I have watched it go from being brand new kid on the block to well known. I have seen all sides of the company from being a member to helping out where I could in several depts. I have never been disappointed in the site, the company, the jobs or the management. The company is working very hard alongside the man who created the original site to improve the business, the site and bring members a new level of entertainment while using the product. The only place they can go from here is UP !

Cons

Are there issues ? Yes, but if you work hard, prove yourself to be a loyal employee with great creativity you can rise in this company. Tough times call for all employee's to tow the company line and help in bad times as well as good. Will it be hard ? Yes. Will it be worth it ? Yes indeed.

Advice to Management

I would follow the great advice posted on Linked In about managers asking employee's how they are doing as a manager and where improvements can be made. Listening to employee's concerns and ideas should be a large part of any management job. We can only grow and get bigger/better if we implement new ideas and encourage employee creativity.

my career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at FriendFinder Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Myself and a quite a few others have been here several years. There are some that have left and come back - I see that as a testament to the quality of the workplace. I'm challenged here every day. If you put yourself out there and really do 110% you will be rewarded, but you are not rewarded just for showing up like at some other companies where I have worked.

Cons

The sick days are from the same pool as PTO. This leads to people coming in sick often which is pretty bad, it gets everyone else sick then we lose productivity and everyone is in a bad mood.

Advice to Management

fix PTO/sick days.

5. good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

There are some great, smart ppl at Friendfinder Network. Also, free soda, free lunches from Monday to Thursday, group lunches, bonus to top performers, reimbursement on sports

Cons

give more stock shares to employees

Advice to Management

Spend less time doubting the strategy every 3 months

6. Fast-paced, challenging and with lots of random things to laugh at

Current Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

New projects always keeps things interesting, the fast-pace always keeps you busy, bonuses for hard work, casual dress, lots free lunches,401k matching up to 4%, and hard-working, good-hearted, cool people to work with

Cons

Not always easy to share with others the type of content we work with

Advice to Management

Continue offering different ways to motivate workers

7. Very Challenging, yet very rewarding

Current Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

The best thing about working at FriendFinder Networks is the people! I feel that I'm surrounded with very skilled co-workers that are not only good at their jobs, but friendly and helpful as well. The environment is fast paced which makes it challenging, but fun with a casual feel. The work hours are also very flexible and it seems to be a pretty stable company. Still hiring while other companies are downsizing.

Cons

The only downside to working at FriendFinder is not a lot of telecommuting opportunities.

8. Great place to learn new things.

Current Employee - QA Team in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - QA Team in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

The work environment is very dynamic. There are many projects, so everyone is working on a few different things at once, which keeps things interesting. Management is eager and open to trying new technologies.

Cons

Health insurance was not great this year, but will be much better next year.

9. great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

FriendFinder is a very stable company. I feel very comfortable coming to work everyday not to worry about my job. Lots of people have been working here for a very long time. People here are very nice to work with. They help each other and have a great teamwork environment. Benefits are great. Medical insurance is the most I like to work here. I pay absolutely nothing for my whole family (3 people) with Kaiser. The company provide free breakfast and lunch from Monday to Thursday and provide reimbursement for training classes for employees career growth. The company also has 401K $ to $ match up 3% salary, and commuter's check just mention a few. The company hire all levels employees so the new grades have opportunities to get into the door (most other companies won't hire entry level people). The company very cares to balance workers' workload and their life seldom to ask workers to work overtime (this is really hard to find in most of the companies in bay area).

Cons

If the company can match the salary level on the market, that will put the company to be one of the best companies to work in bay area.

10. Solid Company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

The intelligence level of other employees.

Cons

Parking! I got two tickets in one day.

Advice to Management

Thanks

RSS Feed </> Embed