FriendFinder Networks Reviews

poorly management

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at FriendFinder Networks

Pros

view more interesting adult sites.

Cons

CTO is 100 percent dictatorship.

Advice to Management

treat employee the way they treat management team.

2. NY staff is a good group of people.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at FriendFinder Networks

Pros

Great if you're interested in the social networks.

Cons

Bad if you're located in NY and the happening scene is in CA.

this is an echo of the other review describing how a mature company works like a 0-yr old startup

I worked at FriendFinder Networks

Pros

free lunch from Monday to Thurs

Cons

Before start going into details, I tell you the work is not challenging. You look at their sites, services and products. You tell me how complicated or challenging it is

This is a matured company, but it does not have any thing in place; here are some examples: No product planning (management says we should that; we do it). No release system (that means bugs are everywhere; time waste in FINDing root cause of bugs is a big issue). No test / dev environment ( that leads to fix of one bug is another bug). No unit test framework (keep finding root cause and fix bugs baby). No bonuses (obviously, doing extremely good jobs does not result to any reward). No raises (no wonder why people leave every 2yr). No fun (there was an team outing last week; it was 15 miles away from the office and it was during the worst traffic hours; No wonder why 15-20 out of 70s went). Public flames on internal mailing lists directed at you, your team, etc. A culture of "blaming someone else" - the people responsible for problems get away with everything, those who implement the bad decisions are blamed for everything. A classic "toxic corporate culture". Run and run as fast as you can

No telecommuting. This is not entirely true because if you are your boss's pet you can WFH.
    Be prepared to sit in one of the very uncomfortable meetings where your boss is screaming at you (or your coworker) in front of everyone else and tell you how suck you are at your job. Btw, your boss will privately apologize to you after that to make you feel better and happy to work for him/her again.

Be prepared and don't be shock if your boss is praising your work privately, but when it's time to deliver results in front of the audience, if there is someone starting attacking your work, your boss turn around and no longer be on your side. So if you are loyal, it' will be heart-broken because even your boss is not behind to support you when things go south. Wait, the boss supported and praised your work earlier right? Yes, but I guess it's politics and to cover their azz, they turn around and blame you for doing a poor job.

Advice to Management

they just started to tell everyone it's time to put unit test framework in place. I hope it's not too late.
    Be responsible for your team. Don't embarrass your employees in public. Respect your employees. If you want people to go out and have fun, pick a place/time that is convenient. Don't make people feel like you announce there will be a team outing, but you don't want people to go to save company money.

5. This place was a stepping stone. Not somewhere someone would want to be long term.

I worked at FriendFinder Networks

Pros

Good benefits, competitive salary, decent company perks, some of the employees were personable, I hear they provide free lunch now.

Cons

adult content, politics in the office, upper management has big egos and big disconnect from employees. Morale of the company seemed low.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and don't keep them in the dark about what's really going on behind closed doors.

6. Interesting

Former Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at FriendFinder Networks

Pros

THe work here was very challenging. Most of the people are smart and we got roo. To experiment with things on a very large scale

Cons

THe work here was very challenging. Sometimes it feels like we were overworked compared to others but I think that's because it lost it's startup mentality.

Advice to Management

A clearer idea of company goals needs to be communicated better. More time off needs to be given to be competitive

7. Interesting place to Work!!

I have been working at FriendFinder Networks

Pros

Friend Finder has lots of opportunities to grow.Everyday there are lot of new things to learn in here.
    The environment is fast paced which makes it challenging.People here are cool, very knowledgeable and helpful.
    Managers are easy to talk to and want their employees to grow and improve.

Cons

If the company can match the salary level on the market, that will put the company to be one of the best companies to work in bay area.

8. A Good place to work

I have been working at FriendFinder Networks

Pros

Competitive paid and good benefits. Casual work environment. Good people to be around with. Very appreciative of new Hirers with good welcome lunch. Room for advancement and career growth.

Cons

Not enough Paid Time OFF. OK medical Insurance for employees with family, no options to choose from. Company stock is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Focus on Agile development. Slow down a bit with feature release. Try to keep feature request and design before development begins if possible.

9. Fast-paced, challenging and with lots of random things to laugh at

Current Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at FriendFinder Networks

Pros

New projects always keeps things interesting, the fast-pace always keeps you busy, bonuses for hard work, casual dress, lots free lunches,401k matching up to 4%, and hard-working, good-hearted, cool people to work with

Cons

Not always easy to share with others the type of content we work with

Advice to Management

Continue offering different ways to motivate workers

10. Interesting place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at FriendFinder Networks

Pros

There are lots of opportunities to work on a variety of different projects in unexpected spheres because product team is always exploring new possibilities, based on market analysis and overall trends. Very dynamic environment.

Cons

Telecommuting is not an option...even for people who have been here for a while.

Advice to Management

Hire only best of the best and show people a clear path of professional growth through a known system of rewards and career opportunities.

11. good place to work

I have been working at FriendFinder Networks

Pros

There are some great, smart ppl at Friendfinder Network. Also, free soda, free lunches from Monday to Thursday, group lunches, bonus to top performers, reimbursement on sports

Cons

give more stock shares to employees

Advice to Management

Spend less time doubting the strategy every 3 months

RSS Feed </> Embed