Friendly's Ice Cream

Friendly's Ice Cream Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Friendly's Ice Cream CEO John M. Maguire

John M. Maguire

Pros
  • Free meals, lots of hours, cross training, flexible scheduling(in 7 reviews)

• Good first job if u want to become a waitress(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, little promotion potential, micro managing down to the store level(in 6 reviews)

• The general manager promised me that if I started out working as a hostess, he would have me trained to be a server(in 4 reviews)

Don't know where they want to go....

ProsClassic concept that's been around for nearly 80 years with a very loyal following. Ice cream is great.

ConsLong hours, little promotion potential, micro managing down to the store level. Senior level management is trying to change company into something it's not. Alienating many long term guests.

Interesting

ProsThe customers are usually very nice, the work is fun if you put your best foot forward, the money is usually pretty good as well

Conslong hours, management generally unaware of bad situations in the store, other employees can be unfriendly

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider actually returning to the way things used to be, that's what the customers really want.

fun

Supervisor (Former Employee) Cherry Hill, NJ

ProsGreat place to work and learn

Consonce you learn more positions and and try to move up they try to hold you back.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow your team and hire from within while also bringing in new people to make it a better work place

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Waitress

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsQuick, easy money. Perfect for people who are going to school or need flexible schedules due to other commitments. Nothing to worry about when you are done your shift.

ConsThe horrible smell of fried food and ice cream on your clothes and hair after your shift. Negative co-workers, although you will find people like that with any job.

Lots of change for the better

Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsYou get to wear jeans to the corporate office, oppt's to volunteer for many events-LOVE THAT!

ConsLong term team members, can be tough to break thru or get them to see other's Point of Views.

Advice to Senior Managementwalk the office, visit with employees, share more business information

maybe try a cocktails after work get together, do something on the front lawn-games?

General manager

General Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsVery friendly guest and crew

ConsWork very hard no appreciation at all from upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is friendlys stop trying to be something there we are not learn the basics worst CEO ever

Great atmosphere of teamwork

Support Center Employee (Current Employee) Wilbraham, MA

ProsA very positive work environment with minimal corporate politics. Management is accessible and communication is strong.

ConsSignificant business challenges, The industry is very competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to encourage innovation and out of the box thinking.

Corporation = Good Franchise Owner = Not so good

Manager (MOD) (Former Employee) Newark, DE

ProsThe best reason to work for Friendly's is to gain experience. Lots of opportunity to deal with children and seniors.

ConsNo real cooking opportunity except for eggs. Most of the food is shipped from central location which guarantees fresh produce isn't fresh.

Advice to Senior ManagementFranchise owners should be required to attend sensitivity training.

Horrible place to work

Fountain Worker (Former Employee) Clay, NY

ProsSneak free ice cream and treats

ConsLow pay, treated like dirt, no room for growth and saw cooks soiling food....

Advice to Senior ManagementPay for than minimum for people who have been working there 5 years!!

Fast paced work environment

ProsFriendly atmosphere. People are great to work with. Very caring

ConsLots of change. Hopefully the changes will settle down after a whole

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down and make sure it works right

Worked for Friendly's Ice Cream? Contribute to the Community!