Froedtert Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Froedtert Health President Catherine J. Buck

Catherine J. Buck

Good company, strong leadership, not the highest paying but best job security of any health provider in SE Wi.

Radiolgoic Technologist (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsJob security. Strong leadership. Great communication for upper management down. Always felt like we were on the leading edge of technology in the area.

ConsContinued growth at off site clinics meant that in radiology you could be at 3 different locations in a week. Also company was always crying poor but the cranes and buildings keep going up. Pay is lower compared to competitors.

Froedtert Health Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJob security and training opportunities

ConsLimited advancement opportunities and poor leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider work life balance and personnel morale

Great place to work.

Senior Database Administrator (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsGreat location. Great people.

ConsPay is a little below average

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the best place to work

Prosthey let you off pretty easy when you need it

ConsNit pick you to death, change policies at least once a month, when they want you gone they will find some thing, gossip central and if you talk to management about it they find ways to shut you up

Decent but unspectacular job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPretty good benefits, at least compared to most of the corporate world. Froedtert is a non-profit, so you won't get rich, but the pay wasn't bad. It's an organization with a good mission and a strong reputation for offering quality health care to patients.

ConsCan't address whether or not this is a good place to work for patient care staff. If you are a training professional in the Education Services group, it isn't so great. There is no career path (though that's pretty common in this field). Not much in the way of career development or broadening of responsibilities. You will probably be doing pretty much the same things on your last day as the day you started. Any skills you may possess beyond what are required in the job description usually go unused. New ideas from staff sometime get used, but don't dare try to question or contradict those of the director. Managers are pretty much expected to do what the director wants them to do and not freely speak their mind on how things should be run. Extroverts are favored; introverts' efforts usually go unrecognized. There is a lot of turnover for nursing education coordinators. E-learning staff with any real experience ends up going to other organizations where they are better utilized.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompare how training is run in other organizations to how it is run there. You may find you will want to shake up leadership and get people with a better idea of how it's done.

Lots of Opportunities.

Social Worker (Current Employee)

ProsThere are lots of opportunities for advancement. 3 hospitals and lots of satellite clinics. Benefits for part-time employees is a plus.

ConsSometimes I feel like I am just a number. Not much guidance from supervisors. Lower pay than WF.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow appreciations to ALL roles. Lots of recognition for RNs but it takes more than RNs to run a successful hospital.

So far so "good"

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsStability and advancement a great pluses with a company of this size. The team I work with is great and we share ideas openly. Compensation is strong.

ConsSometimes management is distant to the point it creates a lot of questions. Retention should be focused on more. Questions that are brought up can take forever to receive responses on. Better flow of information would make all feel more engaged.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind new ways to keep employee's happy. Rather than always looking at the competition.

Mixed Review

Staff RN (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsConstantly progressive. The institution as a whole is extremely interested in advancing practice

ConsUnclear direction - this is due to changes in management. Unclear if new leaders are groomed to be effective leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementGroom leaders
    Provide staff with more clear direction on department goals

Great Work Environment!

Medical Assistant (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsI work independently in my clinic setting, my ideas, suggestions are always considered. Knowledgable co-workers makes for a strong health care team.

ConsIt is IMPOSSIBLE to get fired! Employees that have crossed many lines such as verbal abuse, safety and bullying are all still employed because Froedert insists on rehabing these individuals which in most cases is a mistake.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow loyal and dedicated employees that you respect their concerns by getting rid of employees who clearly no longer should be employed.

Good culture and for the most part I like the job.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsStaff and working/lif balence is great.

ConsYou have to go to the 'company shop' for health care or you are out of network. Children's hospital is in network but if you have a GP that works for another systeem your out of luck.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's about the little things. Most employers get the big things but it's the little things that make or break you from the eyes of an employee.

Worked for Froedtert Health? Contribute to the Community!