Frontier Airlines

Updated December 9, 2014
2.6

Frontier Airlines CEO David Siegel
David Siegel

Pros
  • Flight benefits are awesome to have when you can actually use them and get on (in 28 reviews)

• free flights nationwide if you like standby (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay for the stiff upper lip you must have to keep your job (in 12 reviews)

• To anyone who is thinking about working here, do not be sucked into this trap for its flight benefits (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Not a bad company.

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flight Benefits. Fun coworkers. Frontier is like a big family.

Cons

Passengers always had things to complain about. The constant changes were confusing and annoying.

Be careful how employees are treated. Remember they are an asset and the training and all the money you put in to them shouldn't go to waste.

Corporate office

Current Employee - Anonymous in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Denver, CO

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Standard Monday- Friday corporate job, being involved in high level meetings at a lower level position is nice. Flight benefits are awesome to have when you can actually use them and get on.

Cons

Very little vacation time makes using the flight benefits more difficult, and having to buy one way tickets home from weekend trips after not getting on the flight you were flying standby is very expensive. Most of the office is very unhealthy and many people seem unhappy. People are nice but don't seem to be going anywhere with their lives. It's a corporate wheel and everyone that's been there for a while seems stuck. Overall there is a very high turnover rate, as people realize quickly there are much better companies out there to work for. The company is very cheap and pays lower than average for every position. Flight benefits are what keeps people trapped but if you can make more elsewhere and buy confirmed seats on flights you save a lot of stress.

Better pay would attract and retain better employees across all groups. This would benefit the short and long term growth of the company.

Avoid this place like Ebola!!

Current Employee - Corporate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Corporate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None whatsoever. Absolutely nothing. The best part of the day is leaving at the end of the day. Lack of professionalism is rampant. It is insulting to work here.

Cons

Low pay, bad management, everyone and everything is in panic mode. I've never been associated with a more inept and incompetent organization in my career. The morale is bad, the building is a dump and yet no one cares. I can't wait to get out of here!

Call in an air strike and destroy this place!

" Terrible pay for the work you do shows lack of support for the important work that customer service provides"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Frontier Airlines full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Well known company with flight benefits for workers and their families. Opportunities are being considered so that customer service reps /sales agents can actually work from home. Also some opportunities to work part time.

Cons

Pay starts at $9.55/hr so even if you can travel how would you pay for food and hotels!? Worse than typical phone center restrictions and expectations. Dealing with "airline customers" is a situation all of its own. Not a favorable position and with little to no chance of a pay raise.

none

Glad to be back with F9

Current Employee - Flight Attendat in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Flight Attendat in Denver, CO

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers, lots of new routes and airplanes, flights are always full which means people are flying and hopefully long term job stability, lots of growth.

Cons

Flights are always full which makes it harder to Non-Rev,

General review for Frontier Airlines.

I worked at Frontier Airlines

Pros

The employees are simply some of the best in the airline industry. As a customer service agent, trainer and flight attendant... I loved being part of the Frontier Family!!

Cons

The delays, aircraft swap, passengers that needed a little extra attention, and ever changing service standards/policies/regulations may be challenging... but still I loved doing what I did!!

Be good to one another... passengers and employees alike. Every encounter with every individual can make a difference... negative or positive... make a difference for the better=)

Responsible for all of IT Infrastructure and Engineering

I have been working at Frontier Airlines

Pros

The staff reporting to me took there job serious and was always will to help out in anyway that the could to make the department and well as the company a success

Cons

Some of the new management team that came in did not view IT as a critical part of the success of the company.

terrible

Former Employee - Front Desk Worker
    Former Employee - Front Desk Worker

I worked at Frontier Airlines full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I guess maybe it's sometimes cheaper option for customers?

Cons

Unprofessional, would rather make you screw over your customers than simply help them, when it's no trouble to help

close up shop

Family work environment with family pay

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Trenton, NJ
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Trenton, NJ

I have been working at Frontier Airlines full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Frontier is expanding rapidly. There is a lot of room for growth, seniority, and there is a great deal of flexibility.

Cons

Primarily regional travel only for work.
    Drama amplified in the small, regional TTN base (perhaps not as bad in Denver & Chicago).
    Pay is below industry standard; makes it difficult to afford life (even meagerly).
    Frontier is operating as an ultra low-cost carrier, i.e., a la carte. A great deal of the job is educating P.O.d passengers why they are paying for every little thing.
    Hospitality standards are low.
    In light of pay, health benefits are very costly, especially if supporting a family.

Being ultra low-cost shouldn't mean slighting your employees.

Fun place, low pay

I have been working at Frontier Airlines

Pros

Fun and exciting place to work. Great people. Flight benefits.

Cons

Salary significantly less than industry standard. I don't have much hope that I will ever make more than I do now. No emphasis on helping emplyees grow in the company. They will hire externally for someone with experience rather than giving a current employee a chance to improve their situation. Some managers try harder than others.

Frontier Airlines Photos