Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Frontier Communications Chairman & CEO Maggie Wilderotter

Maggie Wilderotter

Pros:
  • "The pay and benefits are good for union employees"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Good benefits, nice co-workers considering the stress of the working conditions"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sometimes wonder about upper management decisions regarding process and project direction"
    in 25 reviews
  • "There is no work life balance what so ever"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Place and people to work for

IT Technical Support (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsThis is great Company to work for, and its keep growing.
    Employees are treated with respect, opinion counts, great work environment

ConsIt's a growing company, you have to keep up with changes and challenges, which was expected when i sign up for job since technology changes everyday, Company needs to keep up with new market trends.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work team

I have been employed by Frontier Communications for nearly 21 years and I am completely satisfied with my emloyment.

Circuit Designer (Current Employee)
    Fort Wayne, IN

ProsI appreciate that Frontier's involvement with community, compensation and balancing of home & work.

ConsI would like to see more opportunity for advancement.Medical insurance continues to increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter and more training programs need to be available.

My experiecne working with the Frontier Team has been very positive; and respectful. and my opinion matters.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Lafayette, IN

ProsIt's a place where leadership skills can be developed and good company values.

ConsI'm a former Verizon employee and the compensation package is less at Frontier

Advice to Senior ManagementI have the ability to use my professional talents and gifts fully. I'm encouraged to be creative and my opinion is heard.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging each and every day.

ProsFortune 500 company so it gets seen.

ConsLack of resources and personnel, and budget.

They have always taken care of me!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Kingman, AZ

ProsDecent pay if you work hard and a very solid teamwork-oriented workgroup. You can make great money if you stay motivated and focused but not a job for the timid or meek.

ConsLimited local promotion potential in the work at home groups but that is to be expected. Lots of rural customer base that see ads about 50 meg internet and feel it should be available to them as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore money, of course!

Great so far

Equipment Tech (Current Employee)

ProsSo far this has been a better company to work for than Verizon, who was the last owner of our market. Our contract hasn't changed sence we became Frontier. Sounds like the new one will not be as good, but probably all in all, not bad. The management that I work for is easy going and they care about the customer. Luckily my supervisor trusts me to do my job and as long as I keep him in the loop on things going on, he allows me to self manage.
    I feel that my training has been great and I usually get the supplies that I need within reason.

ConsOur back office systems are not that great and are several steps backwards. Some of the new applications are really nice and modern though.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember we are not Verizon anymore. Fleet - talk to techs about what they want in a truck. We spend to much time trying to figure out how to make the new ones work for what we do.
    Lets also get on with fiber to the home so we can beat the cable companies.

Frontier Communications is a great place to work!

Senior Training Specialist (Current Employee)
    Allen, TX

ProsFrontier values me as an employee! Great pay, excellent medical benefits, 401K, employee stock purchase plan, PTO, work at home

ConsNone! I've been with Frontier over 7 years and since day one I've received nothing but support, dedication, and career advancement from this company.

My experience as fairly new employee this is a great company to work for.

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
    Beaverton, OR

Prosall the people I have worked with on various projects are helpful, I fill the company is heading in the right direction. the company is committed on the training that will provide the knowledge to perform all task needed to efficently do my job and is improving daily. Although There is room for growth, however at this time I like the work I do and look forward to coming to work everyday.

Consthe company could be a little more organized in what direction we want to pursue.

Management with people at forefront of our decisions

Call Center Manager (Current Employee)
    Deland, FL

ProsWe take great pride in developing our agents, providing 100% U.S. based customer/technical service and being in the TOP 100 military friendly businesses. In our culture, we put the people (employees and customers) at the forefront of every decision.

ConsCall center environments always experience change. Fortunately, our management always makes decisions that are fair and consistent for all employees while meeting business needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue developing new strategies to hire and retain such awesome, happy employees. Our visitors are always bewildered out our positive energy.

There is no red tape; everybody is a cross-functional partner.

Curriculum Developer (Current Employee)
    Everett, WA

ProsMy leaders are inspiring and start with "why?" for every directive (instead of starting with "what?"). I have creative freedom to better my performance and learn from others in the organization. Everybody is open to ideas on how to improve the business, and managers implement the good ideas with enthusiasm.

ConsThere is no formal mentor program, so it's harder to seek out ways to learn from others than it has been with previous employers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBolster a professional development culture that fosters ways for employees to better themselves personally and professionally. some ideas might be to create a formal mentor program -- this should be both senior employees mentoring newer ones, and millennial employees mentoring embedded employees for the digital lives we all work in.

Worked for Frontier Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Frontier Communications Videos

Frontier Communications – Why Work for Us?

Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ:FTR) (www.frontier.com) is a publicly traded telecommunications provider and the largest rural local exchange company in the United States. Headquartered in Stamford, CT… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Frontier Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Frontier Communications CEO Maggie Wilderotter. All 448 reviews posted anonymously by Frontier Communications employees.