Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Frontier Communications Chairman & CEO Maggie Wilderotter

Maggie Wilderotter

Pros
  • Pay and benefits are probably the best thing and the only "pros" to consider(in 28 reviews)

• The pay is very good, the schedule is extremely flexible and we have good benefits(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor upper management, poor customer service, poor excuse for a fortune 500 company(in 35 reviews)

• Finding a work-life balance can be tough but can be done(in 16 reviews)

A Great, albeit stressful, sales job.

Res Sales & Service, Group III (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsThe pay, the benefits, and fact that you get back what you put in. You put in the effort to make 200% of sales goal? You get a nice big commission check. Honesty is the best policy in this job, and oh boy, do we enforce it (if a customer cancels within 90 days you lose revenue for that order, so being dishonest loses you revenue). Many of us were unaware of this site when they first announced Frontier as the 3rd worst employer. I left my initial review nearly 2 years ago now, and will stick by this company.

ConsIt's stressful for most to work with a sales goal, to have to deal with being berated by some customers (like with any company). Dealing with a system from the 1980's that is not only outdated, but archaic. There is a tendency for a disconnect between the field and the sales representatives. This disconnect prevents efficient communication leading to the occasional misquote on what should actually take place. There is also a poor work/life balance working here.

And all the bloody micromanaging.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to stop trying to keep up, we need to start revolutionizing the game, if, as a corporation, we do not provide an efficient edge over the competition, we will falter as a company. We are slow to move in the right direction and we are still struggling to maintain pace with the competition or even other telecoms. For the love all that is holy, stop micromanaging the employees, this data deactivation that we have to deal with has left us dealing with the unethical behavior of some reps who want to meet sales goal and get a bigger check by avoiding these things.

Sales management

ProsGreat pay with very good balance work/home life.

ConsGood advancement potential however this is to mid-management only. In most cases SR management is hired from outside of frontier.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook more at internal associates for advancement.

its a paycheck but not much else

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Everett, WA

Prosfull benefits, union job, paycheck

Conscommission structure no longer pays you for what work you actually do. the company will not negotiate with the union.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the people that actually interact with the customers so you'll actually know what they want.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good opportunity to earn a good wage in a difficult work environment with poorly integrated technology.

Customer Service and Sales (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsVery good insurance, reasonable wage if you are very sales motivated, genuine commitment to charity in local communities, good place to meet good people and make good friends and if you work in a unionized location, good job security.

ConsAntiquated corporate culture that micromanages every minute, including bathroom breaks. Constantly being asked to go the extra mile to cover up or redo work that wasn't done right the first time because of very poor internal work flow and poorly integrated systems and mostly because the company refuses to budget enough time to do things right the first time. There is a constant pressure to get more done in less time and the quality of the work constantly suffers because the company rarely recognizes the difference between a task being completed and getting it done 100% right the first time. The gap between the company's measurements of work performance and reality is appalling and there is often financial rewards for taking short cuts and letting someone else fix your mistakes. Both employees get credit for completing a work task and the customer suffers because we don't get it right the first time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being penny wise and pound foolish. Start investing in an end to end single integrated computer system that may cost twice what is now being spent on a dozen poorly integrated and often outdated systems. Stop micromanaging every minute and give your employees an opportunity to earn your faith. Try to inspire greater effort from your employees by investing in making their job easier and less stressful and rewarding them for returning the favor.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

One of the telcos in the country is finding it hard to keep up with the new players

ProsVery good engineers, very good engineering managers, minimal automation

ConsTerrible process; nobody has a clue as to how an order flows from one group to another; they have been transitioning from RT to M6 for the last year and a half and it still hasn't gone anywhere

Entry level position only

ProsNice colleagues, They respect culture

ConsTime of job, very low salary

Love my job disaprove of upper management

CZT (Current Employee)

Proslove working outside and by myself good pay

Consmanagement doesnt listen to techs they are taking away benefits and want techs to become sales reps

Advice to Senior Managementlisten more to what we techs have to say we are the ones who face the customers

Great pay IF you have union. Otherwise don't waste your time as they change all the time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAll employees for the company were based in the United States. For the dept. I worked in we had casual dress, great supervisors. Our pay was great for our area (above the norm) and we were trained to think outside the box. Vacation days time off requests and medical were all great. Our dept. was comfortable with each other and knew we could get help from each other if needed. BEAR IN MIND OUR AREA WAS UNION CONTRACTED.

ConsCons would have to start with the fact that middle management would not stand up for their groups, instead they have a view of don't make waves and they won't be fired. Life balance was tough if you had used vacation and had any kind of emergency come up. Depts. were run like personal businesses so many of the benefits that one group had another group would be denied. Examples would be groups were allowed 4 -10 hr. shifts, work at home or part time, while others were told no. The company seemed to jump jobs around on where they could find the cheapest hourly or salaried wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership in a company at least in my mind means take care of the employees like promised so they may take care of the customers. Try to find encourage management to point out issues to the next level up so it is not just swept under the rug.

"Great Place to Work"

Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsThe people are wonderful to work with! Everyone is open to help foster growth within your career. My direct manager and above are always there to answer questions and help me learn. There is a strong support of hiring veterans and growing a diverse community within Frontier. Overall, being new to the corporate world, this has been a great place to learn and grow.

ConsSome of the procedures are old school.

I have worked for Frontier for over 25 years and have always felt it was a great place to work!

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsI like working here because the people I work with are like my family. When something goes wrong personally or professionally we are all there to help and encourage each other. Frontier employees are also very involved and care about their local communities.
    I feel the pay is fair for the work that is done and for the area we live in.
    We are treated very respectfully from upper management and they care about us.

ConsStress level can be high at times and now that we are a bigger company it takes a little longer to make changes on the IT side of the house.

Worked for Frontier Communications? Contribute to the Community!